Server Problems

I am having server problems. I keep getting disconnected.Ok, I have to say I think I am the most loyal FCPer there is, but I am seriously considering taking my money somewhere else because there are just so many server problems. I cannot count how many times there have been problems when I wanted to play in the last 3 months or so. I know everyone hates to draw these kinds of comparisons, but in 2 years of playing on Stars I never once had a problem. Not once.What is going on with OnGame?? Is there any end in sight? It's just not acceptable to me anymore.Thanks.

I am having server problems. I keep getting disconnected.Ok, I have to say I think I am the most loyal FCPer there is, but I am seriously considering taking my money somewhere else because there are just so many server problems. I cannot count how many times there have been problems when I wanted to play in the last 3 months or so. I know everyone hates to draw these kinds of comparisons, but in 2 years of playing on Stars I never once had a problem. Not once.What is going on with OnGame?? Is there any end in sight? It's just not acceptable to me anymore.Thanks.
Hi cfinnn, I've sent you a PM about your situation.In general the Network has had a few technical problems the last couple days and we all hope that they get them straightened out.
Hi cfinnn, I've sent you a PM about your situation.In general the Network has had a few technical problems the last couple days and we all hope that they get them straightened out.
Returned your PM.Thanks for all your hard work, Bob. It doesn't go unnoticed.
Sure it doeshey chicky, what didnt you win the ME?
I decided 8,700 wasn't fair. I'm waiting 'till next year when it's over 10,000 so they have a fighting chance.
I decided 8,700 wasn't fair. I'm waiting 'till next year when it's over 10,000 so they have a fighting chance.
ahhhh good plan, ur stealthy like a tiger
Carol, I've had similiar problems as well. Even yesterday my tournament table just closed on me and I had to restart the software to get myself back in the game. Not too long after that, (a problem I mentioned to Bob) I raised to 400 with AQ and someone pushed all in for only 200 more and then it automatically folded me. :club: Had a few other problems during hands as well and I'm not sure what is going on. My past two MTT's I've playd have had some type of problem and it's quite frustrating. Hopefully you stick around though, you're fun to play and chat with.-Ken
Carol, I've had similiar problems as well. Even yesterday my tournament table just closed on me and I had to restart the software to get myself back in the game. Not too long after that, (a problem I mentioned to Bob) I raised to 400 with AQ and someone pushed all in for only 200 more and then it automatically folded me. :club: Had a few other problems during hands as well and I'm not sure what is going on. My past two MTT's I've playd have had some type of problem and it's quite frustrating. Hopefully you stick around though, you're fun to play and chat with.-Ken
This really is my favorite place to be. The people who play here are great and the staff is fantastic. I think I'll just take it one day at a time. If things act up, I'll go somewhere else untill tomorrow. Maybe it has something to do with FCP still being relatively new.As you may have guessed, I really do demand perfection, as I expect the same of myself. Having said that, I have also done more than my fair share of programming and find it hard to understand why these problems keep occcurring.I'll be seeing you at the tables.(BTW - One problem you might like to pass along to the programmers is that whenever I enter a tourney with a really large field (as in, over 1000 like the Royal), I have to find my table myself as it doesn't seat me when the game starts. This has happened to me every time I have played in the Royal. Thanks.)

Bob,After focusing on tourneys for the last several months, I decided to max out the Charter Member deposit bonus and play some limit HE. I also have a goal play some Omaha.So I sit down three times this week and play 2 tables on $1/2, and the game keeps freezing on me...I get a slow connection warning when all is Ok with my connection. After a delay of what seems minutes (but more likely to be less than 60 seonds), the tables come back to life and I am on the clock. In 2 instances I was kicked off one of the tables and someone had taken my seat.One time I almost threw my notebook through the window when it froze after dealing me KK...luckily it came back to life before I was folded out of the hand.I have not had similar problems with tourney play, though...I have to say that playing poker this way is not worthwhile, and I'll gladly forego the deposit bonus to not endure these hassles...

Bob,After focusing on tourneys for the last several months, I decided to max out the Charter Member deposit bonus and play some limit HE. I also have a goal play some Omaha.So I sit down three times this week and play 2 tables on $1/2, and the game keeps freezing on me...I get a slow connection warning when all is Ok with my connection. After a delay of what seems minutes (but more likely to be less than 60 seonds), the tables come back to life and I am on the clock. In 2 instances I was kicked off one of the tables and someone had taken my seat.One time I almost threw my notebook through the window when it froze after dealing me KK...luckily it came back to life before I was folded out of the hand.I have not had similar problems with tourney play, though...I have to say that playing poker this way is not worthwhile, and I'll gladly forego the deposit bonus to not endure these hassles...
Hi Monix, there have been some general network wide technical problems this week and I'm not sure if those are connected to the problem that you're having.In general we have much fewer reports of problems with players in cash games then in the tournaments.What you're describing could be caused by many different things.If you experience these problems again please send me an e-mail to pokermanager@fullcontactpoker.com and provide me the following information.1. The time and time zone that it's happening.2. The games that you're playing and if possible a hand number from the time it was happening.3. A description of your computer specs, what other programs you have running at the same time and the type of internet connection you're using.If we have that information it might help in diagnosing what the problem might be.The first thing to troubleshoot when you have problems it to do the following as it helps with many issues but may or may not with yours.1. Uninstall the FCP Download Software2. Update Windows by installing all the Windows Updates3. Reinstall the FCP SoftwareRegardsBob

Well, it's that time again. I was playing a HU match today and all of a sudden was not able to type any amounts in the betting window anymore. Actually, I couldn't type in any box (to bet, to chat, whatever). This is a recurring problem for me, but has been almost always limited to just the chat windows. It's happened on java, on download, on my mac and my PC, so I must assume it's not a problem on my end. Oh, and it has happened to others as well.Since the slider doesn't work even close to properly for me (not sure if that's a java thing or a mac thing), my time nearly ran out on numerous ocassions while I struggled to get the slider in even close to the right betting amount. So, love you guys, I'm off to Stars. See you for the Neg O.

Cfin, have you had a problem at all where, the game automatically disconnects and folds your hand in the middle of a hand?
Yes. I have been disconnected on numerous occasions, I have had a game start 20 minutes late because the software froze up, I have lost the ability to type in the chat and betting boxes, and I have had games freeze between every single hand while the whole table waited up to 3 full minutes for the next hand to be dealt (and of course the blinds kept going up). I am truly baffled by all these problems and can only assume there is some sort of gross incompetence going on on the server/programming side of things. As I said, I'm crazy about the people here, but I've reached my limit for now.
Yes. I have been disconnected on numerous occasions, I have had a game start 20 minutes late because the software froze up, I have lost the ability to type in the chat and betting boxes, and I have had games freeze between every single hand while the whole table waited up to 3 full minutes for the next hand to be dealt (and of course the blinds kept going up). I am truly baffled by all these problems and can only assume there is some sort of gross incompetence going on on the server/programming side of things. As I said, I'm crazy about the people here, but I've reached my limit for now.
I can't say I blame you.I had 3 games going tonight, and looked up at one to see that I wasn't being dealt it. OK I thought, maybe I accidentally clicked sit out. So I sat back in, and before I could even blink, after a guy bet 15 into a 60 pot, my hand got folded. I closed that game after that, and my other 2 games ran fine all night.. I don't get it.

I noticed a typing problem with my Mac/Java version when I use the player notes function. I can't type in any boxes on the table, either the chat or betting amount box if I've recently made a note on a player at the table. I can fix this by going back to the main (table/tourney) lobby chat window typing in the field then I can go back to typing at my table. Hope this helps/makes sense.

This is a total "me too" as this post defines what happens to me on a daily basis. I used to think it was a wireless problem, and it still may be, but I have noticed that, while locked up/lagged on the poker client, I can still view websties... I think it has something to do with the heartbeat system that FCP uses... In addition, if I reseat after this happens, and choose Wait for Big Blind,and Auto Post, the system will autopost me next hand regardless of position.Ray

Thanks for the feedback everybody.I find it very helpful to find out about issues so that we can let the Network developers know where the problems are.You can always e-mail me at pokermanager@fullcontactpoker.com or PM me here in the forum.