lowest possible hand. a2345 is the best as staights and flushes dont count against you like in 2-7 or 1-5 drawi won 2 razz sngs last ngiht but they were play money so if you want to know some real strat ask hanguk

lowest possible hand. a2345 is the best as staights and flushes dont count against you like in 2-7 or 1-5 drawi won 2 razz sngs last ngiht but they were play money so if you want to know some real strat ask hanguk
so a pair beats 3 of a kind? just compeltely opposite hand rankin?
1 pair doesnt play in razz, if you have AA789TJ your hand would be A789T. If you have 3 pair or trips or something where you dont even have a 5 card low hand you arent going to be staying in to 7th anyway so it doesnt really matter.
exactly but i advise not playing a pair. you want to start with three cards 8 or lower, some may say 9 or lower. best possible starting hand is a23.when in a 5-7 handed game i wouldnt play anything higher than a t or j low to the river dependign on what your opponet is showing
what does that mean??
it means something unintelligent that has nothing to do with your thread and in some way probably flames you, but it doesnt work well if you dont know what it means so just ignore it and for the most part anything else that looks like YSALKY
Yes. And aces are always low, so a pair of aces is the lowest pair. It's also important to note that the high card hands are from the top down. So the best hand is really 5-4-3-2-A. So 10-4-3-2-A loses to 9-8-7-6-5 because high card 9 is lower than high card 10.You usually only have to play a pair if you get 3 pair in your hand. If you hold A-A-3-6-7-9-9, your actual hand is 9-7-6-3-A.
Yes. And aces are always low, so a pair of aces is the lowest pair. It's also important to note that the high card hands are from the top down. So the best hand is really 5-4-3-2-A. So 10-4-3-2-A loses to 9-8-7-6-5 because high card 9 is lower than high card 10.You usually only have to play a pair if you get 3 pair in your hand. If you hold A-A-3-6-7-9-9, your actual hand is 9-7-6-3-A.
good tips. i should try to be more technical so what i say helps
it means something unintelligent that has nothing to do with your thread and in some way probably flames you, but it doesnt work well if you dont know what it means so just ignore it and for the most part anything else that looks like YSALKY
It's not a flame of him so much as it's a flame of his posts.

I played a bit of low limit Razz on FTP and it seems like by far an "easier" game than stud, HE, Omaha, etc because you always know what you're drawing to. It's much more common to be drawing to the nuts and with a 7 low you can be pretty confident that you're going to be ahead.

just an awesome game in general. someone said only start with 8 or lower but I think that should be revised to an 8 or 9 low on 5th street if you have a smooth draw. say you have (A2) 5 9 4. Your 9 low is probably behind but you are drawing smooth. Obviously depends on opponents up cards and folded cards.

just an awesome game in general. someone said only start with 8 or lower but I think that should be revised to an 8 or 9 low on 5th street if you have a smooth draw. say you have (A2) 5 9 4. Your 9 low is probably behind but you are drawing smooth. Obviously depends on opponents up cards and folded cards.
i actually said 8 or 9 low for your starting cards
same thing
Nah. I try to avoid insulting people personally.I just really think his thread topics suck and his threads suck.
what does that mean??
muzza, I mean this as constructive criticism...in the future, please show a little initiative in coming up with more descriptive titles and avoiding easily searched question. "How to play Razz" fits into something that Google can tell you immediately.
Nah. I try to avoid insulting people personally.I just really think his thread topics suck and his threads suck.muzza, I mean this as constructive criticism...in the future, please show a little initiative in coming up with more descriptive titles and avoiding easily searched question. "How to play Razz" fits into something that Google can tell you immediately.
not meaning to argue but, this is a poker forum and it's meant to be used for these type of questions. google is a good tool as well, but IMO theres no problem with asking about razz. thats 1000x better than asking about the chimp in the main event or about the wpt/raymer thing.
not meaning to argue but, this is a poker forum and it's meant to be used for these type of questions. google is a good tool as well, but IMO theres no problem with asking about razz. thats 1000x better than asking about the chimp in the main event or about the wpt/raymer thing.
Oh, I certainly agree that it's a poker forum, and I'm perfectly willing to help introduce new players to the game and rules, but this is one of those really basic questions that is easily found in a million places with a very tiny amount of initiative.(I'm probably just grumpy from his other topics that I've seen recently.)Exhibit A: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=70576Exhibit B: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=70571Exhibit C: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=70658 (it's a double-post of this one)