Hypothetical Wager

Let's say that the Devil offers to wager his 1kg gold fiddle against your soul, in a game of Pogs. Let's say you estimate you're a 1.4 : 1 favorite. Well, with gold around $650 an ounce, the fiddle should be worth between $20-25,000 (too "tired" to actually do the math). But how can we measure the value of a soul? Is one person's worth more than another's? If so, is someone-- say, a performer-- who's said to have a lot of "soul"-- say, Aretha Franklin-- in possession of a bigger inborn cosmic wagering bankroll than, say, someone who's just a really nice person? Purple Haze, all in my brain (do da do dit dooooooo).

Devil only plays Pogs in this scenario
I'd break out my sick metal slammers I spent like $4 each years ago on and pwn him then.then Id take the money and bust you at 1k-2k nl bullshit
I'd break out my sick metal slammers I spent like $4 each years ago on and pwn him then.
Dude, you don't think the Devil has a sick slammer too? He prolly uses one of the ones that ruins to Pogs; when you see him coming, you just put them away. Such a cheater. Fucking Craig, and his cheap-o over-kill slammer tactics.
I once beat Darrell Dawkins in a hulahoop contest.
mines true though, they made a series of pogs of all the presidents, and I went to walgreens and tried to put together the whole set for .10 each, then when I got home I realized the set was bigger than I thoguth it was because they had also made some of the first ladies and certain famous landmarks so my mother and I had to go back and when we were waiting in line and the checkout counter Dominique Wilkins was there buying something so I got to meet him and got his autograph on the back of my mothers shopping list.btw, I would like a room with the avatar chick.
No one uses that. Edgy. Got any thoughts on the OP?
So you're asking whether or not I'd wager something with real world value against something that may or may not have any value what so ever? yes. yes i would.
mines true though, they made a series of pogs of all the presidents, and I went to walgreens and tried to put together the whole set for .10 each, then when I got home I realized the set was bigger than I thoguth it was because they had also made some of the first ladies and certain famous landmarks so my mother and I had to go back and when we were waiting in line and the checkout counter Dominique Wilkins was there buying something so I got to meet him and got his autograph on the back of my mothers shopping list.btw, I would like a room with the avatar chick.
You can't have NAtalie. She's mine.
So you're asking whether or not I'd wager something with real world value against something that may or may not have any value what so ever? yes. yes i would.
Not quite what I meant. I'm not quite toasted enough to justify making the thread, but I am too messed up to get into it.
My mother would never let me play pogs where the person that won got to keep the other persons pogs :club:
was there another way to play? what would be the pont of the game?also great post not sure why maybe because its real late (early) and I just finished up an 14 hour session

I don't know about the pog thing but in the song I think the Devil kicked Johny's ass!

Define soul.
Main Entry: 1soul Pronunciation: 'sOlFunction: nounEtymology: Middle English soule, from Old English sAwol; akin to Old High German sEula soul1 : the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life2 a : the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe b capitalized, Christian Science : GOD 1b3 : a person's total self4 a : an active or essential part b : a moving spirit : LEADER5 a : the moral and emotional nature of human beings b : the quality that arouses emotion and sentiment c : spiritual or moral force : FERVOR6 : PERSON <not a soul in sight>7 : PERSONIFICATION <she is the soul of integrity>8 a : a strong positive feeling (as of intense sensitivity and emotional fervor) conveyed especially by black American performers b : NEGRITUDE c : SOUL MUSIC d : SOUL FOOD e : SOUL BROTHER orptrd401w.jpg
Main Entry: 1soul Pronunciation: 'sOlFunction: nounEtymology: Middle English soule, from Old English sAwol; akin to Old High German sEula soul1 : the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life2 a : the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe b capitalized, Christian Science : GOD 1b3 : a person's total self4 a : an active or essential part b : a moving spirit : LEADER5 a : the moral and emotional nature of human beings b : the quality that arouses emotion and sentiment c : spiritual or moral force : FERVOR6 : PERSON <not a soul in sight>7 : PERSONIFICATION <she is the soul of integrity>8 a : a strong positive feeling (as of intense sensitivity and emotional fervor) conveyed especially by black American performers b : NEGRITUDE c : SOUL MUSIC d : SOUL FOOD e : SOUL BROTHER orptrd401w.jpg
Negritude.....Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah

I remember when McDonald's was giving away Power Ranger pogs in Happy Meals. I also remember thinking that pogs were pretty stupid. I was big into collecting baseball/comic cards and quickly understood that they lost value if they got damaged. Therefore, I never understood a game where the items are both collectable and inevitably damaged when played with.