--arrows-- [ AS,AD ]Seat 2: awde_m ($197.80 in chips)Seat 6: --arrows-- ($228.20 in chips)Seat 10: Le-jedi ($292.10 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSLe-jedi posts blind ($1), awde_m posts blind ($2).PRE-FLOP--arrows-- bets $7, Le-jedi calls $6, awde_m calls $5. FLOP [board cards 7D,5D,QC ] (Pot $21)Le-jedi bets $2, awde_m calls $2, --arrows-- bets $22, Le-jedi calls $20, awde_m calls $20.TURN [board cards 7D,5D,QC,5S ] (Pot $90)Le-jedi checks, awde_m checks, --arrows-- bets $55, Le-jedi folds, awde_m calls $55.RIVER [board cards 7D,5D,QC,5S,10D ] (Pot $200)awde_m checks, --arrows--.. ???He has 120 left, I have him covered.This guy just sat down, and I have no reads on him. Should I be worried about Qd-xd, or even a full house? Probably. But I think that holding woulda bet the river 85% of the time.I just was so happy I built a pot up with my aces for the taking. The way he was calling led me to believe anywhere from Q-A to Q-9, and I wasn't worried about Q-10, obvsiously. The board pairing 5's was a great turn card for me. I feel like checking is too weak of a river play and betting too much can be a mistake.Thoughts on the river?Thoughts on the whole hand?Thanks in advance.

This is a definate check. If you're ahead, all he thought he was beating was a flush draw that just got there, while you are behind a ton at this point. It's also full ring which tends to not allow big pairs to take a big pot down w/ a river bet.

I bet a little more on the turn and check behind on the river. What do you think villain's calling with here? He's shown no strength whatsoever. I put him on a flush draw. You've had the heat on all hand, so why wouldn't he check/raise there?This would be a very odd way for him to play a queen. I would expect a raise at some point in the hand (likely the flop to the SB's bet).

Easy check here. Question if villian open pushes river, being unknown and all, easy fold right?

This is a definate check. If you're ahead, all he thought he was beating was a flush draw that just got there, while you are behind a ton at this point. It's also full ring which tends to not allow big pairs to take a big pot down w/ a river bet.
See, I don't know about this one. Wouldn't a flush/full house bet the river every time and put a nice $60 bet out there?And let's say you make a 6 high flush, or even J-high flush and check. How comfortable are you? I have the key card, the Ace of diamonds. They can't have the nut flush. I think a $50-$60 bet on the river would be perfect. Any queen would call and be "priced in", any other hand that has me beat would be hard pressed for a call, with the exception of 7-7 and 5-5, and can ONLY call the river.
See, I don't know about this one. Wouldn't a flush/full house bet the river every time and put a nice $60 bet out there?And let's say you make a 6 high flush, or even J-high flush and check. How comfortable are you? I have the key card, the Ace of diamonds. They can't have the nut flush. I think a $50-$60 bet on the river would be perfect. Any queen would call and be "priced in", any other hand that has me beat would be hard pressed for a call, with the exception of 7-7 and 5-5, and can ONLY call the river.
I don't think you'll chase out flush here. If he was drawing to it and calling those big bets, he's going all the way.I see your logic, but I don't always bet in this situation with a flush because I know enough people either 1. keep firing with their top pair or 2. who won't pay a river bet off anyway that I check and hope for a bluff like the one you are considering. I find this to be an easy check.
1.) If they're chasing theyre flush to those bets then they probably dont care how small they're flush is. You're not pushing them off it and they are pushing in most instances. Anyone who checks river after making flush is looking for check-raise in most instances. I wouldn't count on villian being sophisticated enough to lay down any sort of flush on this river or even cold call it for that matter. He might cold call but defintley not laying down.2.) How are you saying that a queen would be "priced in" but somehow stronger hands that beat you wont, or will be "hard pressed for a call". If he actually called down with the 5 and caught another he might ONLY call (if he was that weak of a player) but any other hand that has you beat will be reraising (flush/full house).Just check. I think you're ahead because most villians would bet river if they have a solid hand but some opponents would go for check-raise (although I think that would be a really poor move).

If villian were deeper, I think it would be a definite check. It certainly looked like a flush draw on the flop and turn. However, with that few chips behind, I just have a hard time believing that he's trying to C/R a flush here. It seems to me that the flush would open-push every time.If it were me, I'd probably have bet a little more on the turn (maybe $65), and then bet that same amount on the river.

I think you confused yourself here, TPMK is priced in, yet a flush is going to be hard pressed to call. A bet is most certainly not running out anything you beat. That said, i admit I lost track of stack sizes here and think you may possibly be able to value bet a queen here. However, like i said, one pair hands don't hold up all that well by the river in these big pots. As far as what iggy said about the flush open pushing, I don't know...hero doesn't necessarily have to be strong here so villian may be slowplaying and trying to catch more bets. I also agree the flush may open push this river sometimes as well. I still think checking this hand is going to be much better than betting. I just don't see you finding a queen to call a smallish bet as often as you getting caught by a bigger hand that you're spewing to.

I think you open yourself up to being bluffed out here. At this level, its probably a rare occurance, but still its a line. I don't mind betting here now, if we think player has a Q, but I would hate to bet/fold this river.However. your thinking concerning other hands that beat you being hard pressed to call isnt valid. HU they are calling you, if not c/r with a flush, even 32d.

I check here everytime. You may lose a small value bet . . BUT . . . what if you value bet and get re-raised . . . then what. Do you fold, call? Too many hands will beat you . . . or bluff you off your aces. Easy check.