moving up limits without the bankroll?

Okay...I have a feeling I know what the answer is going to be but decided to ask anyways.If I have been killing the limit game I am playing at the moment is it alright to move up to the next limit which I have been consistantly beating on a another site?Here's the scenario.I have been grinding out .5/.10 on pokerstars trying to build a bankroll. Up to $106 at the moment from the intial buy in of 30 dollars. Started at .02/.04 moved up to .5/.10 when I hit the 300x BB .So I have been playing .25/.50 on party and full tilt and have been winning on both those sites just as consistantly as I have the .5/.10 game.Would it be remiss of me to move up on stars to the .25/.50 even being under banked for it.When I say that I am beating the game, at the .5/.10 probably 10-15bb/100 per session. And 8-12 BB/100 at the .25/.50 tables.

go ahead and move up bankrolls are overated. i consistantly play WAY above my bankroll and i cant find any thing wrong with that. 1st off its more fun and secondly if i lose than im broke so i force my self to win. And hey I only busted 2 times from ignoring all bankroll recomendations so go ahead move up to the .25/.50 or even .50/1.00 ignore all these guys spouting their 300bb garbage.

Some people will, weither you advise them to or not. I gave my mother $10 when I took 2nd in the Neg-O a few weeks ago. She grinded her .01/.02 limits for a little, then jumped to .05/.10. Then tonight, she jumped clear up to .25/.50 where I play with my BR. She lost it all.

go ahead and move up bankrolls are overated. i consistantly play WAY above my bankroll and i cant find any thing wrong with that. 1st off its more fun and secondly if i lose than im broke so i force my self to win. And hey I only busted 2 times from ignoring all bankroll recomendations so go ahead move up to the .25/.50 or even .50/1.00 ignore all these guys spouting their 300bb garbage.
He said it all.

Yeah whilibob is right. You should move up. :roll: Speaking from experiance. I've lost over $1,000 playing out of my limits. There is a thing in poker called Variance. Even the best player in the world goes through losing streaks.

let my tale be a very cautionary one. Check out the other thread about going broke. Basically I tell you what not to do. In some ways I still play a little over my head live, but I'm much better then the people I play against and I have to be much more selective. It isn't any fun playing over your head as the losses really sting

It is okay to move up without the adequate roll for the next level, as long as you keep enough for the level you're at now.If I play 2/4 hold'em and have a 1700 dollar bankroll, I can take 500 and try out a 3/6 game. If I drop back to 1200, I'll go back to my original game. You don't need to earn a complete bankroll for the next level, but you DO need to drop back down if you end up losing on your push up, even if you feel that you're better than he game.If you're too stubborn to drop back down, wait until you get the necessary 300BB

if you realise you are exposing yourself to variance and taking a risk, there is nothing wrong with ithowever there are so many reasons not to move up before 300bb.. you are almost making as much money probably and taking much less risk

hi, this is my first post but have been a long time reader, here's my take on playing above your limit, one of two things will happen 1 you will lose more money than you can afford to lose or 2 you will win and continue to play at that level until the expected variance kicks in and you lose more than you can afford to lose.

however there are so many reasons not to move up before 300bb.. you are almost making as much money probably and taking much less riskDing ding ding, we have a winner!That's the whole point. If you're going to move up and take a shot at a game, move WAY up and take a shot a juciy looking game way out of your bankroll so one good sessions won't give you the idea that you can play through the new level till you have 300BB.IF you play $1/$2 and want to take $200 out and sit at $5/10 for a night to see if you can score some quick cash, that's fine. The problem happens for most people when they sit at $2/$4, have a good night and decide they're ready to just move up full time on a short roll.