Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($16.49)SB ($35.32)BB ($38.95)UTG ($64.40)Hero ($47.50)CO ($48.60)Preflop: Hero is MP with A :D , A :club: . SB posts a blind of $0.25. UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds.Flop: ($4.75) 5 :D , 2 :) , 3 :D(2 players)BB bets $1, Hero raises to $5, BB calls $4.Turn: ($14.75) 2 :)(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: ($14.75) Q :)(2 players)BB bets $15, Hero calls $15.Final Pot: $44.75no reads since i'm new to the table.this seems like a good place to check the turn with the intention of calling a river bet. i didn't expect it to be this large.the more i look at this hand i feel the river is a fold.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($16.49)SB ($35.32)BB ($38.95)UTG ($64.40)Hero ($47.50)CO ($48.60)Preflop: Hero is MP with A :D , A :club: . SB posts a blind of $0.25. UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds.Flop: ($4.75) 5 :D , 2 :) , 3 :D(2 players)BB bets $1, Hero raises to $5, BB calls $4.Turn: ($14.75) 2 :)(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: ($14.75) Q :)(2 players)BB bets $15, Hero calls $15.Final Pot: $44.75no reads since i'm new to the table.this seems like a good place to check the turn with the intention of calling a river bet. i didn't expect it to be this large.the more i look at this hand i feel the river is a fold.
MIght help if we knew what the guy held, but pot sized bet there, my guess is either AQ, straight, flush set deuces or full. You can only beat one.
MIght help if we knew what the guy held, but pot sized bet there, my guess is either AQ, straight, flush set deuces or full. You can only beat one.
lol if i knew what my opponent held i would never make a mistake.

he's got a set now full house (probably 5's) and was probably going to check-raise you on the turn.it's a tough call at the river but he's probably not messing around with that bet. i don't know that i could lay it down.

i like to bet maybe $8 or 9 on the turn, if he pushes or raises, i probably fold, if he calls, i check the river and feel better about folding if he bets big - it is very, very rare that he bets holding anything that you beat with a pair of aces
betting the turn is no good.Based on the way the hand has played there is a good chance I am going to get check raised on the turn. With a draw to the nut flush I would prefer checking and seeing the river for free instead of opening myself up to getting raised out on the turn. It also gives my opponent an opportunity to outplay me if he feels compelled to check-raise bluff.I'm no too worried about giving a free card here. We are already behind a made flush, straight, and trips and would prefer to check here and draw to the flush because all of these hands are check raising. Checking gives us an opportunity to outdraw these hands, if I bet the turn I don't have that opportunity. There is no overcard taht can come to my hand so thats not a problem. 5x has about 6 outs (unlikely hand) and an overpair 2. Straight draw has about 3 outs.Checking the turn also allows us to induce a bluff from hands that might have folded to a turn bet like a mid pocket pair (which is a likely hand.)

i like the turn check...its good pot control in this pot...as played i call the river....dont be results oriented with your thinkin...if he was loose enough to call with a 2 or cards to make a straight then just mark it down and get it all back later on

betting the turn is no good.Based on the way the hand has played there is a good chance I am going to get check raised on the turn. With a draw to the nut flush I would prefer checking and seeing the river for free instead of opening myself up to getting raised out on the turn. It also gives my opponent an opportunity to outplay me if he feels impelled to check-raise bluff.I'm no too worried about giving a free card here. We are already behind a made flush, straight, and trips and would prefer to check here and draw to the flush because all of these hands are check raising. Checking gives us an opportunity to outdraw these hands, if I bet the turn I don't have that opportunity. There is no overcard taht can come to my hand so thats not a problem. 5x has about 6 outs (unlikely hand) and an overpair 2. Straight draw has about 3 outs.Checking the turn also allows us to induce a bluff from hands that might have folded to a turn bet like a mid pocket pair (which is a likely hand.)
understood - how much of a river bet are you calling at this point? what if he's jacking it up to $25?
understood - how much of a river bet are you calling at this point? what if he's jacking it up to $25?
that is going to be player dependent and how u feel during the handAgainst a tag id be more willing to accept he has the flush where as against somebody else you may call b/c he is a person who likes to bluff a lot.