Wsop Main Event (dumb?) Question

i know there's people here going to the main event. some people say they're starting on day 2, and others on day 3. i don't get how it's set up then. doesn't everyone start playing at the same time? please pardon my ignorance. thanks and peace y'all.jason

Since they can't fit 7,000+ players into one room on one day, they usually have certain days (heats) of players. Lets say they start a day with 2,500 people, they will then play down to maybe 800 people and stop there. Then the next group of 2,500 people will play down to 800 and so on. I've never played so I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think it goes something like that.

You have I believe indirectly answered my question ...Your answer is the field is slow large that they can't fit everyone in one place so they break up the field over 3 days(I believe) ... play down so far then after all the flights are done they combine the remaining players.

Related question:What do the blinds start at on the second day?Wouldnt be an issue if all 3 days ended at the same level, but how would they handle it if there were differences.

Related question:What do the blinds start at on the second day?Wouldnt be an issue if all 3 days ended at the same level, but how would they handle it if there were differences.
in previous years they all play x-amount of levels i believe and then combine the fields. i dont know though, this year is different they might just screw everyone over
in previous years they all play x-amount of levels i believe and then combine the fields. i dont know though, this year is different they might just screw everyone over
As mentioned in OP, playing down to a fixed number (800).
i know there's people here going to the main event. some people say they're starting on day 2, and others on day 3. i don't get how it's set up then. doesn't everyone start playing at the same time? please pardon my ignorance. thanks and peace y'all.jason
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/structur...nt/Event39.html
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/structur...nt/Event39.html