The Unofficial Official Trading Deadline Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Graffanino is back on the Red Sox.
Heh...reading comprehension, that whole thing. What I don't get is why it would be funny even if true. Sure, we wouldn't need him, but he played very well for us last year.
Heh...reading comprehension, that whole thing. What I don't get is why it would be funny even if true. Sure, we wouldn't need him, but he played very well for us last year.
go get a girlfriend or something that will cheer up your life because having you here like this is annoying.
Coco for Beurhle (or however you spell his stupid name) rejected by the White Sox.
Funny. and it's Buehrle.
Abreu and Lidle tentatively sent to the Yankees for four minor leaguers.Link
I wonder who they are. As long as they don't trade Hughes I'm happy. Lidle is a large improvement to Sydney Ponson.
I wonder who they are. As long as they don't trade Hughes I'm happyy. Lidle is a large improvement to Sydney Ponson.
From Rotoworld:"According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Phillies will get SS C.J. Henry, LHP Matt Smith, C Jesus Sanchez and RHP Carlos Monasterio from the Yankees for Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle."Lidle sucks, but is still better than Ponson. Basically a salary dump. Not much talent going back to the Phillies.
From Rotoworld:"According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Phillies will get SS C.J. Henry, LHP Matt Smith, C Jesus Sanchez and RHP Carlos Monasterio from the Yankees for Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle."Lidle sucks, but is still better than Ponson. Basically a salary dump. Not much talent going back to the Phillies.
Lidle has actually pitched well of late. Plus his home is Citizens Bank so that might have something to do with his 4.74 ERA. He is tied for the most wins on the Phillies with a record of 8-7. He's had some AL experience, but only pitched well in Oakland.
Why isn't Paul Konerko in your rotating signature?
I just learned how to do it and I was going to include the whole team but I haven't had time yet.

Well, today is the day. I think the Sox really have to make a deal. Soriano would be nice, but we all know that isn't happening...Several sources reporting that Clemens may be dealt, but that could be wishful thinking as well. I wonder what the Astros would ask in return for Rocket? If we have to give up Hansen/Lester I'd say no way. I'm assuming that Papelbon won't be traded. Can we pull Redman from KC? I'd say this seems to be the most likely of any Sox deals happening today. I doubt that Mike Lowell gets traded, but I also doubted that Abreu would be a Yankee...

Another Sox rumor has Coco Crisp, Craig Hansen, and a prospect going to the Braves for Andruw Jones. This deal I wouldn't mind, but the Braves then asked that the prospect be Jon Lester. Not a chance in hell!

The Red Sox don't really need Andruw Jones, though I've heard this rumor as well. If anything the Red Sox should try to acquire a pitcher like Smoltz. If they don't acquire a pitcher I don't see them winning the division.

The Red Sox don't really need Andruw Jones, though I've heard this rumor as well. If anything the Red Sox should try to acquire a pitcher like Smoltz. If they don't acquire a pitcher I don't see them winning the division.
I'd agree we need a pitcher, but keep in mind that we have 2 more of them on the DL right now. If Clement and Wakefield come back to be as good as they can be, I think we have a pretty great shot at winning the division. Wells starts tonight, but I don't really have any expectations from him this year. Of course, he did have like 15 wins last year. A few solid starts from him would be great.Sox Ideal Rotation:SchillingBeckettLesterWakefieldWellsThats a pretty strong rotation, with Matt Clement coming out of the Bullpen.When/if we get that, and Wakefield and Wells pitch well, I'd say we have a great shot at the division.http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...w_jones_is.htmlWe can rest assured that Andruw isn't on his way to Fenway.

I just heard something about the Red Sox acquiring some reliever from the Reds. The Reds got Cormier, but I'm not sure if it's him. It's probablly some joke they are getting rid of since they got a reliever who has been good this year.

Wells is kind of like a midseason acquisition (we'll see how he pitches tonight). Andruw Jones would be nice despite his declining defense (still better than Coco), but trading two of our young, good, major-league ready arms for him is not a deal I like.

I haven't heard anything else about that reliever since then, but now the Red Sox want Kip Wells. I'll let you guys have him.

I haven't heard anything else about that reliever since then, but now the Red Sox want Kip Wells. I'll let you guys have him.
He's as good (bad?) as Lidle.
He's as good (bad?) as Lidle.
He's worse. He's got a 6.69 ERA and a 1-5 record.