You Us People Are Crazy

Degree doesn't matter here. If you compromise a freedom, you've compromised freedom. I shifted to the thread where I thought it made sense to be.
Degrees not mattering is purely absurd.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it? Why is slavery acceptable in small doses? It boils down top the same question: does any man have the inborn right to inflict he will upon another?
Now that is an interesting question indeed. I think through the history of human society, that man may not have this inborn "right", but possibly the inborn tendancy. There's never, ever been a human society where people have lived "free' where one man didn't inflict will on another. IT was just a matter of degrees. As for, so they have the "right" to do it, as an abstract philosophical concept, I don't believe we have any "rights" what so ever. Beacuse, I mean, where did the rights come from, who granted them, and what not. and I think it's a moot point anyway, because we may not have the right to inflict our will on other people, but we certainly do have the might to do so. I think romatic notions of a truly free society are just that, romantic. I think there is alot of rabble in the world, whom if there were no laws and perfect freedom, I'd be a very vulterable target to. So I'd prefer to keep that rabble inline. I think a truely free and anarcichic society would be a bloody, violent pre0historic night mare.
Now that is an interesting question indeed. I think through the history of human society, that man may not have this inborn "right", but possibly the inborn tendancy. There's never, ever been a human society where people have lived "free' where one man didn't inflict will on another. IT was just a matter of degrees. As for, so they have the "right" to do it, as an abstract philosophical concept, I don't believe we have any "rights" what so ever. Beacuse, I mean, where did the rights come from, who granted them, and what not. and I think it's a moot point anyway, because we may not have the right to inflict our will on other people, but we certainly do have the might to do so. I think romatic notions of a truly free society are just that, romantic. I think there is alot of rabble in the world, whom if there were no laws and perfect freedom, I'd be a very vulterable target to. So I'd prefer to keep that rabble inline. I think a truely free and anarcichic society would be a bloody, violent pre0historic night mare.
I'm lazy.
A lot of people say "I'm not free" or whatever...if we were all truly free, there would be no hands up, no assistance, no community investment...life would be interesting.
....These things aside, I love guns. They are sweet.. I have a small penis, and when I shot a big gun off, my penis doesn't seem near as small. Seriouly, I do like shotting guns, though I don't do it much. It's exciting, viseral, and as long as I can remember as a kid, I've liked blowing stuff up on the 4th of july, so guns are like adult fireworks, IMO. Fun stuff....
I try to target shoot a few times a year. It's tough though. It's an all day proposition. Getting everything together, driving an hour or so to the range, then reversing the process and cleaning everything properly at the end of the day. I enjoy it for more than a visceral experience though. There is something almost zen like in the process of using a tool in an attempt to place a small, rapidly moving object at a precise point over a sometimes considerable distance. Not a lot unlike golf, for you links fans.
A lot of people say "I'm not free" or whatever...if we were all truly free, there would be no hands up, no assistance, no community investment...life would be interesting.
Prefix all of the things with the words "unwillingly funded," and replace "interesting" with "sweet".
lol if you mean interesting brutal and primatve and awful then yes..
You're kidding, right? Right?
I don't think he is. I'm hugely pro Gun Control. Suggesting that we shouldn't be expected to surrender certain freedoms for the good of the state or society is just absurd. I don't have the freedom to own highly radioactive nuclear material, even though I have an absurd amount of training and top-notch facilities. Because I can't be trusted with it. The end of denying my right to Bear Plutonium far outweighs the act of denying me said right.Handguns aren't a FREEDOM, they are a means to terror and disempowering others. Besides, the empirical evidence about the danger of guns is absurd.Wang
I don't think he is. I'm hugely pro Gun Control. Suggesting that we shouldn't be expected to surrender certain freedoms for the good of the state or society is just absurd. I don't have the freedom to own highly radioactive nuclear material, even though I have an absurd amount of training and top-notch facilities. Because I can't be trusted with it. The end of denying my right to Bear Plutonium far outweighs the act of denying me said right.Handguns aren't a FREEDOM, they are a means to terror and disempowering others. Besides, the empirical evidence about the danger of guns is absurd.Wang
Dear Wang, No.Dutch.

Nope.. not kidding.. I think if you strip the government of power, and the world of laws, then a bunch of lawless tribe/gangs would rise to power, and civilization would take a huge leap back about 2000 years.

Nope.. not kidding.. I think if you strip the government of power, and the world of laws, then a bunch of lawless tribe/gangs would rise to power, and civilization would take a huge leap back about 2000 years.
I don't think we should do away with a police force.
Me too.Wang, you were talking about Wiretapping and bank-account watching, weren't you?