when should i get out of this hand?

Hand #4731040-3249 at Causeway Bay ($.25/$.50 Hold'em)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 13/Mar/05 15:35:45Dollar Bills is at seat 0 with $20.95.hammus is at seat 1 with $9.75.BetItAll33 is at seat 2 with $11.05.T-bone- is at seat 3 with $13.30.Trout Bum is at seat 4 with $24.75.busterred is at seat 5 with $20.95.rpepsquad is at seat 6 with $10.35.SpicedNutmeg is at seat 7 with $26.50.greenstraw is at seat 8 with $25.50.H82LQQZ is at seat 9 with $5.The button is at seat 8.Dollar Bills posts the small blind of $.10.hammus posts the big blind of $.25.Dollar Bills: -- --hammus: -- --BetItAll33: Ad 6dT-bone-: -- --Trout Bum: -- --busterred: -- --rpepsquad: -- --SpicedNutmeg: -- --greenstraw: -- --Pre-flop:BetItAll33 calls. T-bone- folds. Trout Bum folds.busterred folds. rpepsquad folds. SpicedNutmegcalls. greenstraw folds. Dollar Bills folds.hammus raises to $.50. BetItAll33 calls.SpicedNutmeg calls.Do I fold here?Flop (board: 7d 7h 6h):hammus bets $.25. BetItAll33 calls. SpicedNutmegcalls.Turn (board: 7d 7h 6h 4s):hammus checks. BetItAll33 bets $.50. SpicedNutmegfolds. hammus calls.River (board: 7d 7h 6h 4s Ac):hammus bets $.50. BetItAll33 calls.Showdown:hammus shows Js Ah.hammus has Js Ah 7d 7h Ac: two pair, aces and sevens.BetItAll33 mucks cards.(BetItAll33 has Ad 6d.)Hand #4731040-3249 Summary:$.20 is raked from a pot of $4.35.hammus wins $4.15 with two pair, aces and sevens.----------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I fold preflop. Axs is so overrated by the majority of players, it can only get you in trouble. On a side issue, why not raise the flop and bet out on the turn? If you want to play A6 at least bet it on that flop. You may even get to check the river if he's scared of you holding a 7.

Hand #4731040-3249 at Causeway Bay ($.25/$.50 Hold'em) Powered by UltimateBet Started at 13/Mar/05 15:35:45 Dollar Bills is at seat 0 with $20.95. hammus is at seat 1 with $9.75. BetItAll33 is at seat 2 with $11.05. T-bone- is at seat 3 with $13.30. Trout Bum is at seat 4 with $24.75. busterred is at seat 5 with $20.95. rpepsquad is at seat 6 with $10.35. SpicedNutmeg is at seat 7 with $26.50. greenstraw is at seat 8 with $25.50. H82LQQZ is at seat 9 with $5. The button is at seat 8. Dollar Bills posts the small blind of $.10. hammus posts the big blind of $.25. Dollar Bills: -- -- hammus: -- -- BetItAll33: Ad 6d T-bone-: -- -- Trout Bum: -- -- busterred: -- -- rpepsquad: -- -- SpicedNutmeg: -- -- greenstraw: -- -- Pre-flop: BetItAll33 calls. T-bone- folds. Trout Bum folds. busterred folds. rpepsquad folds. SpicedNutmeg calls. greenstraw folds. Dollar Bills folds. hammus raises to $.50. BetItAll33 calls. SpicedNutmeg calls. Do I fold here? well, not to the raise, but why call in the first place? crap hand from crap position.Flop (board: 7d 7h 6h): hammus bets $.25. BetItAll33 calls. SpicedNutmeg calls. checkraise would have been smart. you need to find out what hes got. Turn (board: 7d 7h 6h 4s): hammus checks. BetItAll33 bets $.50. SpicedNutmeg folds. hammus calls. well now it looks to hammus like you're on a pure steal. he cant fold now. would have if you checkraised the flop, though, i bet. River (board: 7d 7h 6h 4s Ac): hammus bets $.50. BetItAll33 calls. Well, you shoulda folded here, too, but its a tough laydown because of the previous betting. you've got absolutely no idea what hammus has. the missed checkraise on the flop ended up costing you 2bb.

i might fold to that raise pre-flop. i'd want to play for that flush with more people in the pot and not be dominated by a A with a premium kicker.i'd raise the flop.bet the turn like you. but... he chased it down.

i might fold to that raise pre-flop. i'd want to play for that flush with more people in the pot and not be dominated by a A with a premium kicker.
well thats ridiculous. you cant fold once you've limped in. hes getting almost 4.5/1 on the call, he cant figure to be THAT far behind. the call is mathematically correct preflop, especially taking implied odds into consideration.
i might fold to that raise pre-flop. i'd want to play for that flush with more people in the pot and not be dominated by a A with a premium kicker.
well thats ridiculous. you cant fold once you've limped in. hes getting almost 4.5/1 on the call, he cant figure to be THAT far behind. the call is mathematically correct preflop, especially taking implied odds into consideration.
i know.

I like the check raise on the flop. That may have got him off his hand. But, that being said, I don't think I would have called in the first place UTG. As someone said earlier, Axs is overrated.

This is why I dont usually play AXs from under the gun. You dont know if you have enough callers to make the flush worth chasing (you dont), and you dont know if you'll have to play for a raise (you do). Dont even limp with that hand in early position unless you know the table is loose-passive, so you're pretty sure you get to see a flop for one bet with multiple callers.Now that you have one bet in the pot, you have to call the second to see the flop. You also needed to raise the flop to find out where you're at. With a pair on the board, you cant flat call with bottom pair. A re-raise probably wins it right there since your opponent is playing overcards. If you're re-raise gets called then you can fold to any bet on the turn as you have to put him on a decent hand at this point.I think the way you played it (loose-passive) didn't afford you many opportunities to get out of this one. There was no good time to get out, but that's your own fault.

Now that you have one bet in the pot, you have to call the second to see the flop.
you don't "have" to call. it's very mathmatically correct to call, but you're really looking for diamonds or 2 pair or 6-6 on board, unless you pair the ace and are willing to risk taking it to showdown. you got lucky to hit the 6 when you were dominated, and you should have raised the flop.but yeah, i agree that UTG A-X suited is trouble.add: when you call that 2nd bet to see the flop, you also put yourself at risk to lose more money.
you don't "have" to call.
Yeah, I was being glib. You dont have to call just because you have a bet in the pot. That's the worst reason ever. You should call because there are enough bets int he pot (plus implied odds) to make it worthwhile.That said, the second bet always offers better pot odds than the first, so it's hard to see how you could fold to a re-raise after limping with a drawing hand unless you thought 2 was going to become 3 or 4 before it closes.

im going to say what everyone else is saying, only a little different. A-x is folded preflop by me because you usually only get action from hands that dominate you. i.e. you allways fold A6-9 when your ace doesnt hit and you will call down when your ace does hit, only most of the time you are calling down a big ace.play A-x close to the button or not at all :D