Just curious since the final table is going to broadcast as it happens will there be a tape delay? Because it would be very simple for someone at home with an internet connection to relay hand information to someone in the crowd or the player at the table. If there is a tape delay it would have to be a relatively long one, say 20-30 minutes, because some people's decision making process takes forever and you would want to make sure there is no overlap where the crowd is able to know the hand while the hand is still live. Also on that note, even with a tape delay players are going to be able to gain extra info on breaks, from either people at home or in the crowd who are watching the broadcast. They will be able to know exactly what players had on key hands.Two things could fix this and that would be eliminating the crowd and also eliminating the hole cams. Both of which are horrific ideas. Does anyone else think this could be an issue? I just wouldn't want to see something so awesome marred by controversy because of the live broadcast.

That is a good question and I have no idea of a solution. I'm assuming no electronic devices will be allowed at the table by players but that still doesn't eliminate people from the crowd getting and giving information.

You fool, there won't be any hole card cams...the best you could do is give your read to a fellow player on the hand....
There are going to be hole card cameras. ESPN will have TV coverage of the final table, so they are going to have the cameras, otherwise the coverage would be useless.
There are going to be hole card cameras. ESPN will have TV coverage of the final table, so they are going to have the cameras, otherwise the coverage would be useless.
Real fans enjoy watching poker with or w/o hole card cams...and no there won't be...someone back me up on this....And they won't have it for the very reasons you pointed out...good job
Real fans enjoy watching poker with or w/o hole card cams...and no there won't be...someone back me up on this....And they won't have it for the very reasons you pointed out...good job
yeah nothing like one showdown every 15 minutes. They will have the hole card cam.Also it naturally takes time to record the show and then rebroadcast it. They probably would do at least 10 minutes. However long it takes to play out a really long hand.Live at the bike does it with a lot smaller budget I would imagine.

Wait, your saying they won't use hole cams at the final table of the WSOP? Thats ridiculous.

Wait, your saying they won't use hole cams at the final table of the WSOP? Thats ridiculous.
No i'm saying they won't show them on the PPV broadcast, only the 'taped' version....but I can't find anywhere that verifies this, so who knows, they might actually be showing them during the live broadcast and I think that would be ridiculous for the same reasons the OP stated.
No i'm saying they won't show them on the PPV broadcast, only the 'taped' version....but I can't find anywhere that verifies this, so who knows, they might actually be showing them during the live broadcast and I think that would be ridiculous for the same reasons the OP stated.
Ahh yea, that makes sense - I doubt they'd show it on the live broadcast.