Intercontinental Poker Championship

Did anyone else see the first episode last Saturday? Daniel was featured as Canada's representative, unfortunately he went out in last place. It was an entertaining match, but Tony G. really is a bad winner. I bet Devilfish wanted to settle their differences away from the table.

is this the one dan complained about in his blog that the other "teams" players didnt play against eachother and Dn didnt like it

They showed the second chance round for Group A today. Daniel came in third, but played well considering he started with the short stack. I was rooting for Carlos when it got down to heads up but he was dominated twice in all-in confrontations and lost it all when he got unlucky.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that this isn't new news, but Guoga showed himself to be an absolute *** in today's episode. I mean, I'd seen him on some broadcasts before, and I knew he could be kind of a jerk. I also realize that he does it to throw people off their game. Anyway, this was probably the worst I've ever seen him. He's usually decently sportsmanlike when people get knocked out. (He did make fun of Matusow in the Monte Carlo Millions...but Mike often brings that upon himself.) The way he berated Perry though was utterly classless.

I missed it. What was said?
Tony G limped from the SB with A2s, Perry raised to 160k total from the BB with KJo. Gouga pushed and Perry eventually called and Gouga was shouting and yelling saying that Perry is a horrible player and for everyone to never do anything he does. He even went as far to attack Russia in general
Tony G limped from the SB with A2s, Perry raised to 160k total from the BB with KJo. Gouga pushed and Perry eventually called and Gouga was shouting and yelling saying that Perry is a horrible player and for everyone to never do anything he does. He even went as far to attack Russia in general
:club::D:D:D

Man, after seeing Humberto Brenes' last appearance, I think he is possibly the most annoying poker player I've ever seen. Sure, it's all in good fun, but he goes overboard and puts on a huge production on almost every hand he plays. Yeah, yeah, we know you're a jokester and love the attention, but how about just playing poker?

I have a feeling that there was more to the story, that something had been brewing between the two and had just not been shown. Maybe Perry was giving it back to Tony a little, and Tony didn't appreciate it... who knows...but my guess is that something was said to him because he really was a prick!

I have to hand it to Tony G., as unbearable as he is when he wins, he can take defeat better than anyone else. When Nakano hit that two-outer on the river when he was all-in, that must have felt like a punch in the stomach. Phil Hellmuth sure can learn something from Tony G.

And I think thats the thing about him... he understands that as many bad beats as he'll give he'll take them in return. I really respect him as a player for taking the beats so well because if he was like he can be when he wins he'd be something to be spat on...Sad that Australia didn't win though...