Smash's Strategy In Action

He went on record last week saying he sees about 40% of flops. Which to me makes sense because he really feels that implied odds will justify a call with most reasonable hands because all he has to do is hit the flop hard and people can't fold.
There is a major difference between how Smash actually plays and the strategy that he outlined.The so called 'Smash strategy' was him demonstrating that low limit NLHE is so easy to beat that you could do it with the simpilest of strategies. He didn't create it, he didn't patent it and given that he plays at middle limits with probably some amount of skill, he doesn't use it.He was simply making a point and an urban legend was born
so he's learned that NL is profitable and that you dont have to be forced to play it like a chimp.so, The idea of smash strat sustaining a profitable 40% flop rate is false.
I stopped here.. kinda busy.But Smash does not use "Smash Strategy" as provided to the forum.THe strategy is a mindless way to make good money playing no limit on 10 tables at a time.His actual strategy is quite different as portrayed in his posts.
yeah its just a link to Harrington on Holdem
which is probably the best NL holdem advice u can get anywhere
I stopped here.. kinda busy.But Smash does not use "Smash Strategy" as provided to the forum.THe strategy is a mindless way to make good money playing no limit on 10 tables at a time.His actual strategy is quite different as portrayed in his posts.
thats what i assumed and thats why i posted, scott was incorrect to say it was smash strat, that is all
which is probably the best NL holdem advice u can get anywherethats what i assumed and thats why i posted, scott was incorrect to say it was smash strat, that is all
I agree it is a great book
thats what i assumed and thats why i posted, scott was incorrect to say it was smash strat, that is all
see I got the sense from his strat posts that he doesn't play the "Smash Strat." However, he still seems like he's pushing AA and KK preflop.Edit: I am not really familiar w/ the playing styles of some of the high stakes internet players, but I think that Smash is trying to emulate Spirit Rock right now.
see I got the sense from his strat posts that he doesn't play the "Smash Strat." However, he still seems like he's pushing AA and KK preflop.Edit: I am not really familiar w/ the playing styles of some of the high stakes internet players, but I think that Smash is trying to emulate Spirit Rock right now.
doesn't he advocate players who get themselves in a mess with AA/KK by playing it too slowly, to just push preflop? - or worse.. those that call post flop big bets when preflop they only raised a tad.Not sure what he actually does with it.But he sure does seems to advocate pushing in lots of situations and using postion very aggressivelyhe is also ready to be felted much more than he assumes others are, and the "Smash Strategy" is lower varaince than his actual play.I"m talking out of my ***.
doesn't he advocate players who get themselves in a mess with AA/KK by playing it too slowly, to just push preflop? - or worse.. those that call post flop big bets when preflop they only raised a tad.Not sure what he actually does with it.But he sure does seems to advocate pushing in lots of situations and using postion very aggressivelyhe is also ready to be felted much more than he assumes others are, and the "Smash Strategy" is lower varaince than his actual play.I"m talking out of my ***.
No, I think you're right. I have adapted part of his approach to SHed NL and it's been extremely effective there. Mixing it in w/ some SS concepts, it really allows you to run over a table. He is more than willing to drop a buyin in w/ position which is a great thing SHed. It keeps the table passive and afraid to play back at you which is very good thing.

It's funny how much attention this gets.The premise is simple. If you have a really strong hand, go all in. If you have a draw to a nut hand, call a small amount - and if/when you make the nut hand, push. If you have anything else, fold.

He went on record last week saying he sees about 40% of flops.
That's how HE plays. He doesnt follow the 'strategy' of nut peddling.

Frustrated with my game lately and figured I would give the so-called "Smash Strategy" a try. I played 9 tables (25 buyin, 50 buyin, and 100 buyin) for 3 hrs. 1,800 hands. Won't bore with details, but it seemed that the strategy had success at lower levels but not at 100 level due to the fact my allins were rarely called. I honestly do not believe this is due to the increased skill at the 100 buyin tables, but more due to human nature. It is easier to "gamble" with $25 knowing you are probably beat than it is for $100. For example...I am perfectly happy making a $20 bet on a 55/45 prop in my favor, however unwilling to make a $20,000 bet on the same 55/45 prop. I understand this is an extreme example, but the theory still applies. The higher the risk the more risk averse people become. Instead of playing this strategy as an absolute I think it is a better idea to take some principles of the theory and apply them to your game (check/call nut flush draws, push with big hands). Folding AK offsuit from the button is absolutely ridiculous and -EV. I greatly appreciate the advise and discussions on FCP and know they have helped my game tremendously...when I TP/MM and win my first WPT event I will be sure to thank the FCP posters for their sage advise!