• 3 years later...

The stop smoking aids are all bullshit. Gum, patches, scripts, support groups, negative reinforcement behavior modification...etc Nobody successfully 'tries' to quit smoking. You either quit or you don't.Hopefully I didn't wait too long to quit. I may have multiple undiagnosed illnesses directly related to my years of smoking. I dunno. Everyone has to quit at some point and my point was last week.

Good luck to you.It seems all the rage now is the "electronic cigarettes". How walking around pretending your smoking is supposedto help you stop I don't know. Especially since you're still inhaling nicotine just not actual smoke I guess.Seems to me if you're going to quit you need to quit the whole habit, including having the cigarette in your handand the whole nicotine thing.

• 2 weeks later...
The stop smoking aids are all bullshit. Gum, patches, scripts, support groups, negative reinforcement behavior modification...etc Nobody successfully 'tries' to quit smoking. You either quit or you don't.Hopefully I didn't wait too long to quit. I may have multiple undiagnosed illnesses directly related to my years of smoking. I dunno. Everyone has to quit at some point and my point was last week.
Hang in there! You should be in the full throws of no-cig misery right now. It passes.