I quit smoking cold turkey. It's been 25 hours since my last smoke and I've been losing my mind. I've eaten 6 full meals today, although I'm not too concerned about gaining weight because I'm like 6 foot 120 pounds so I can afford to gain some. I've gone through three packs of gum and chewed through about 5 straws. Hopefully I'll make it through.

GL bro. I have been smoking for over 15 years and just can't quit. Funny you posted this today 'cause I was just giving it another shot. It's a real ***** though, fo' sho'.

I quit smoking cold turkey. It's been 25 hours since my last smoke and I've been losing my mind. I've eaten 6 full meals today, although I'm not too concerned about gaining weight because I'm like 6 foot 120 pounds so I can afford to gain some. I've gone through three packs of gum and chewed through about 5 straws. Hopefully I'll make it through.
keep at it man. it's been like a year n 1/2 for me. it's all about just getting past those moments

I tried the patch once...It was ok but it was hard to roll a tight smoke with itThe Prince Albert wouldnt stay in and I couldnt get it to stick together with spit so I used a rubber band in the middle...Had to smoke it from both ends due to the band melting/stinkingAlthough the nicotine rush was good, expense and aggravation doomed the experiment

it gets better after the first year.You stop thinking about it everyday.I recommend not drinking or gambling for awhile.

it gets better after the first year.You stop thinking about it everyday.I recommend not drinking or gambling for awhile.
Thank God I managed to somehow rid myself of that evil. Gambling? Ummm...
Patches worked wonders for me.
After further investigation, I've learned that the patches have a peel-off area that contains a sticky substance allowing easier rolling...I might just have to try smoking another onegeez...Iz iz drunks tonite
When I quit, I worked in a bar. It was sheer hell. I was an intolerable biatch, and I can't believe Dave stuck around for that shite. The first couple years were pretty tough, but hang in there.My friend Missy did Zyban and had good results. She was less mean and suffered less.
6'....120#......dna, is this your alter-ego?
6 foot 120 pounds!? Sounds like your kicking a heroin addiction as well.
No I'm just a health nut, except for the smoking. I meticulously watch what I eat and when I mess up on my diet I have the best method for weight loss. Simply go into the bathroom, and stick your finger far down your throat.SW obviosuly, I don't know why I'm so skinny, just genetic I guess.
No I'm just a health nut, except for the smoking. I meticulously watch what I eat and when I mess up on my diet I have the best method for weight loss. Simply go into the bathroom, and stick your finger far down your throat.SW obviosuly, I don't know why I'm so skinny, just genetic I guess.
Keep eating. Just work out 4 times a week. This will be good for you.

This how much fun quitting smoking is for me.I coughed so hard today that I puked a little.Fun.Maybe quitting isn't such a good idea.

My significant other is on my a.ss about not smoking anymore. I tried for a day and then lost my motivation when she lit one every 1/2 hour. I don't know if she was pushing my limits or what. I would say that having some good support around would be extremely helpful. Not that she's horrible or anything, but smoking incessantly around someone who just dropped it cold is a little shady if you ask me. GL with it man!

Great job getting through day 1!There are a lot of good resources available on the internet that can help. Also talk to your doctor or pharmacist - there are some good products available that significantly increase your success rate.Two tips I find very useful:-identify patterns or things that trigger a craving and change them in some way (such as sitting in a different chair, doing things in a different order - anything to break the normal trigger routine)-put all the money you would have spent on cigarettes aside and reward yourself - could be each day to start, then a week, then a month - it's amazing how much money you'll haveGood luck! PM me if I can help with more info - I have some experience in this area.Puppy