Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: econ_tim is MP with 7heart.gif, 7diamond.gif. UTG calls, econ_tim raises, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (8.40 SB) 6diamond.gif, Kclub.gif, 9club.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, econ_tim bets, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Turn: (6.20 BB) Kdiamond.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, econ_tim checks, CO checks.River: (6.20 BB) 2heart.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG bets, econ_tim raises, is it right to wuss out on the turn?? and if i think UTG can't resist taking a stab at the pot, raising > calling ?

is it right to wuss out on the turn??I think you should bet the turn.and if i think UTG can't resist taking a stab at the pot, raising > calling ?Definitely.

I am weak tight and I give up this pot on the turn. 3 players called, and you have 3rd pair with little chance of improvement. On the river, I fold. I don't think you fold out any better hands very often becuase your line looks like your FOS. If you take the pot down, it's because you have the best hand - most of the time.

My thoughts:3rd pair vs 3 opponents isn't much.I would check-fold most turn cards.But I would probably bet that K on the turn. Having bet the turn, I would check down the river.Spending 2 bets on that river raise is risky.I would have to have a strong read on UTG's tendancies to make that play.

I don't think you fold out any better hands very often becuase your line looks like your FOS. If you take the pot down, it's because you have the best hand - most of the time.
Yeah.I don't think this is necessarily one of those Raise-or-Fold situations.If you do believe UTG is bluffing in this spot, I think you could actually get away with just calling down.Obviously your opponents that have yet to act will not fold a King either way.But I think they would be hard pressed to overcall with a 9 here.(Your raise would only be good against pocket pairs QQ,JJ,TT).Had the river been yet another overcard to your 77, and you still felt that you had UTG beat, then the Raise-of-Fold situaiton seems to apply better.--cm
I don't see the point in the raise. UTG could easily be playing a 6 or a 9 or nothing. Two hands you beat, and I'd need some read on UTG to think he would throw away the one that beats you for one bet on the end.
We beat a 9? A raise folds everything put a King, a ton of the time.I bet the turn probably though, as played, I like the raise.I don't get that fancy though. I don't play a ton of limit anymore either...
We beat a 9? A raise folds everything put a King, a ton of the time.
No, we beat a 6 or a nothing. 2 hands we beat aren't calling, and the one that beats us calls a lot.Typical opponent would not fold a 9 right after betting it on the end, but maybe they are better at 5/10 than 1/2.
No, we beat a 6 or a nothing. 2 hands we beat aren't calling, and the one that beats us calls a lot.Typical opponent would not fold a 9 right after betting it on the end, but maybe they are better at 5/10 than 1/2.
Ah, I get it... :club: