Am I Playing Kk Too Aggressively?

this is at the .10/.25 NL rangeUTG I raise to 1.503 callers.Semi TAG BB raises to 4.00I push....I know this is wrong because I am betting 23.50$ into a 10$ pot and he will probably have AA at least 1/3 times.But when the flop comes J97 and he bets the pot anyways, I can't get away from it any easier and will be OOP if the other players call.Now another example, where hero has KK on button.UTG raises to 1.252 CallersHero re-raises to 7UTG shoves.Is this a blatantly obvious (as obvious as you can get with KK?) laydown?Just looking for some guidance.

You are using the New Topic button too aggressively.But to stay on topic...Stack Sizes are important.Your second scenario, I don't fold whatsoever. UTG would show you AK or JJ-99 in my opinion.But, since you made a topic about this... im assuming you are beat?

You are using the New Topic button too aggressively.But to stay on topic...Stack Sizes are important.Your second scenario, I don't fold whatsoever. UTG would show you AK or JJ-99 in my opinion.But, since you made a topic about this... im assuming you are beat?
Both players in both situations are ~100 BBsI actually used the back button too aggressively then forgot that I had already posted :club:
this is at the .10/.25 NL rangeUTG I raise to 1.503 callers.Semi TAG BB raises to 4.00I push....I know this is wrong because I am betting 23.50$ into a 10$ pot and he will probably have AA at least 1/3 times.But when the flop comes J97 and he bets the pot anyways, I can't get away from it any easier and will be OOP if the other players call.Now another example, where hero has KK on button.UTG raises to 1.252 CallersHero re-raises to 7UTG shoves.Is this a blatantly obvious (as obvious as you can get with KK?) laydown?Just looking for some guidance.
Forgive me if I oversimplify this but if he has AA 1/3 times that means 66% you are making the right play. Those are good odds IMHO.

I think we've covered the KK topic quite a bit. If you are given the opportunity to push before the flop, you do it and live with being hit by aces.Unless you have a specific read on an opponent, you do not get away from KK. If you watched High Stakes Poker on GSN, Sammy Farha was not able to get away from his KK when Barry Greenstein had the AA. That was for over $200,000. I think Sammy strongly suspected he was beat, but couldn't lay it down. I doubt most of us could either.

KK vs AA happened to me tonight. 3rd hand into my session and boom runs into AA preflop. First time its happened and I know there was no way I was getting away from it.Action was UTG+1 open raise to 5 (1/2NL)2 callers, I go 20, folds to villian, and goes all in.You cant fold KK, because Ive pushed or been put all in preflop many times and been up against alot of hands that werent aces.

I know this is wrong because I am betting 23.50$ into a 10$ pot and he will probably have AA at least 1/3 times.
Where are you coming up with this?????????I'm pretty sure its more like 1/24 times.
Where are you coming up with this?????????I'm pretty sure its more like 1/24 times.
This was a comment on the OP's statement that "I know this is wrong because I am betting 23.50$ into a 10$ pot and he will probably have AA at least 1/3 times."krup, you are correct that the odds of having your KK run up against AA, for any arbitrary hand, are about 1 in 24 (thought it was 1 in 22 myself). However, I think the OP is also factoring into the equation that he got re-raised. Now, certainly there are hands other than AA that will re-raise you, but getting re-raised certainly improves the odds he's got AA versus some random hand, although I doubt it takes you to the 1 in 3 that the OP stated.I'd argue that a semi-TAG (as the OP described the villain) would re-raise with JJ-AA, AK (and maybe AQs and 10's). As a guess, I'd say getting re-raised probably brings the overall odds down to about 1 in 8.In any event, I'm pretty sure I would push like the OP did.