Tptk Turn Brings 3-flush

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney ($11 - 10 man), Big Blind is t40 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button (t1940)SB (t1920)BB (t1825)Hero (t2000)MP1 (t2020)MP2 (t5225)CO (t5070)Preflop: Hero is UTG with K :D , A :club: . Hero raises to t120, MP1 calls t120, 4 folds, BB calls t80.Flop: (t380) T :D , 5 :D , K :)(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets t250, MP1 calls t250, BB calls t250.Turn: (t1130) 8 :)(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets t300, MP1 calls t300, BB bets t1495 all-in , Hero folds, PF is standard I think.Flop I need to bet out more to try to discourage flush draws right?Turn I try a weak lead hoping only a flush will call or raise me. Did I do anything right after the flop?

Might want to bump up that flop bet b/c of the straight/flush draws that are out there but they might call anyways.After the flush card hits on the turn, I'm done as it's likely that one of the two remaining players hit.

Real difficult.I agree with the other posters of making a bigger bet on the flop.On the turn, he pushed all in reprsenting a flush. I do that alot when a scare card comes. If the villain did have a flush, would he have pushed there?In this scenario, I play weak and many people think it's crazy but I would have checked the turn and let him price me in. If he bets small enough I will call and if he pushes I will fold. Your blocker bet on the turn screams weakness! The more I think about it, I believe you have the best hand there. He might have called the flop to take it away on the turn. Not sure how sophisticated the other guy is though.

It's hard to get flush draws to fold at this level. However, your bet was way too small. You're giving better than 2-1 to call. You're making it "correct" to call with the flush draw.
I disagree strongly.We did not bet enough preflop to bet too much on the flop...cy?what..so we can pay off two pair..or a set?we just have TPFlop bet was fine.although Turn bet protects nothing..but then, I wouldn't want to waste more money at that point.I'd probably just c/f turn against two oppoents at this stage
Real difficult.I agree with the other posters of making a bigger bet on the flop.On the turn, he pushed all in reprsenting a flush. I do that alot when a scare card comes. If the villain did have a flush, would he have pushed there?In this scenario, I play weak and many people think it's crazy but I would have checked the turn and let him price me in. If he bets small enough I will call and if he pushes I will fold. Your blocker bet on the turn screams weakness! The more I think about it, I believe you have the best hand there. He might have called the flop to take it away on the turn. Not sure how sophisticated the other guy is though.
Really? In my mind the weak turn bet says "I just made a flush and want to get paid off". If I check and he pushes I fold. If I bet (or check) and he pushes and I fold and MP1 calls and BB shows K7o to win the hand I scream. Not saying that happened just a possible scenario :club:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney ($11 - 10 man), Big Blind is t40 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button (t1940)SB (t1920)BB (t1825)Hero (t2000)MP1 (t2020)MP2 (t5225)CO (t5070)Preflop: Hero is UTG with K :D , A :club: . Hero raises to t120, MP1 calls t120, 4 folds, BB calls t80.Flop: (t380) T :D , 5 :D , K :)(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets t250, MP1 calls t250, BB calls t250.Turn: (t1130) 8 :)(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets t300, MP1 calls t300, BB bets t1495 all-in , Hero folds, PF is standard I think.Flop I need to bet out more to try to discourage flush draws right?Turn I try a weak lead hoping only a flush will call or raise me. Did I do anything right after the flop?
I'd have raised more pf - to somewhere between 160 and 200. I check the turn; you may have been behind on the flop anyway and you're stuck between the villains now the draw has hit. If either has hit and you bet then you're almost certainly getting raised here and either one could bluff-raise or raise with another hand that's ahead of you (like KT). I check and hope MP1 checks too. If he doesn't then at least you get to see what he and the bb do and make a decision from there.

I like the bet/fold line against unknown villian/ or villians who will bet river hard on the river if we check it. I'd be more inclinded to Check and call a river bet if villian is the type to make smallish value bets on the river.

Might want to bump up that flop bet b/c of the straight/flush draws that are out there but they might call anyways.After the flush card hits on the turn, I'm done as it's likely that one of the two remaining players hit.
i agree with this. im usually betting close to the pot here.
I'd have raised more pf - to somewhere between 160 and 200.
I concur. Your UTG and your position is crappy early in a tournament. Raise enough to get the BB out, who definitely had a suited hand (players at that level love to defend their blind with suited cards). On the flop, I thinl your bet out was correct, but not the amount. I would say about 3/4ths of the pot, about 350. It's enough to give all the draws out there a bad price without totally crippling your stack if he does get there on the turn (with the most likely draws you can be up against being 9 :club: 7 :D or A :D X :D ).I'd also raise more because we don't have the A :) in our hand. If we did, a check-call on 4th street makes sense (unless it is an all-in bet, but at this level, most chasers will check on 4th street when they have made their little flush, so you may get a free card).
everyone that opines on a thread with results is gay.and you wear your mothers clothes
That's just made me wonder if Norman Bates was gay.Anyway, anyone who opines on a thread with results about the people opining on threads with results gives hand jobs for a dime.
That's just made me wonder if Norman Bates was gay.Anyway, anyone who opines on a thread with results about the people opining on threads with results gives hand jobs for a dime.
you'll have a beter forum if you insist on it.see LHE and SH forums..for better unbiased advice.also, posting results encourages posts that are really disguised bad beat threads.too bad peopl can't read the stickies to post correctly. - well apprently that sticky is not in the Tournament section... Bizzles thread s/b sticckied
you'll have a beter forum if you insist on it.see LHE and SH forums..for better unbiased advice.also, posting results encourages posts that are really disguised bad beat threads.too bad peopl can't read the stickies to post correctly.
I agree with you, I was just messing around. I didn't think there was a sticky at the top giving those rules like there is on some of the other forums.