Rake Free Poker - Will It Work?

As shown in CardPlayer this week, World Poker Exchange (worldpx.com) is going rake-free - in both cash & tournament games.http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/detail.php?p_id=916They claim no-strings attached, and that it's possible b/c of "..its large customer base in online sports betting..". WorldPX hoping then that it drives additional business to online betting.I doubt this brings the big guys to their knees anytime soon. But Economics 101 says this absolutely should help drive overall rake down in the industry - hopefully that $3 max rake gets pressured as a result.....I think that this, coupled with a new online site popping up daily, is what's driving this deluge of "deposit bonuses" (fine by us!)bottom-line: It's a great time to be playing cards.

i think the site is a great idea and i hope it works out. has anyone here played on it? are there any signup bonuses anyone has? is anyone here an affiliate there? i was thinking of checking it out sometime tonighttyler

I've been playing there for a few weeks now. It's awesome! I play $50 and $100 max NL and $1-$2 8OB and average between $35 - $65 per week in rake-back deposits. The make the rake-back deposits directly into your account every Monday... just like clockwork.There are not any signup bonuses or referral fees paid (obviously).I highly recommend checking it out!!

I'd be very interested if anyone has more information on this. I'm just playing PLO right now (which WPX doesn't even offer), but I'm thinking of moving back to LHE at some point, and I was thinking that if the games are good at all, then the lack of rake could easily compensate for slightly better players. Anyone regularly play LHE on WPX?

I like the site. Offers a ton of freerolls for people that want those. Nice interface. And has a ton of Guaranteed tourneys. So check it out. Freerolls at night are EASY to place in too! I have made one deposit like 6 months ago and have yet to deposit again.

What are the players like? We know that bad players don't care about rake, so will it only attract the good players? Or does it bring in fish through it's sports betting wing?Anyway, I don't see it causing the other sites to lower their rake much. The casual player sees an ad on tv for party poker, and decides to play there. He doesn't care whether he loses his money to other players or to the rake.

I can't understand why more people aren't there. I just started playing there - 2/4 limit holdem - See my post under General Strategy forum - http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=61735I'm averaging $40 rake back per session - I usually play 400 - 600 hands per session single table ..Why would you play a ring game and give the house a cut if you didn't have to. Thanks to WPX you don't have to now.Yes - much lower number of people / tables - only 4 to 6 2/4 tables when I've been on but hopefully I'll play more & so will others. & yes, right now nothing but holdem - they offer other games but noone is in them ... I'm astonished that people are still paying a rake when they don't have to I'll play all of my cash / ring games there - Hope lots of people join me.

Here is my opinion about one of the software bugs. Still waiting for a response.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=60674
Well, looks like they acknowledged they have an issue with the all in protection, appologized for that & their slow response and paid you and the person who was adversely affected by the problem you pointed out - Sounds like a company that does the right thing to me :club:
I can't understand why more people aren't there. I just started playing there - 2/4 limit holdem - See my post under General Strategy forum - I'm averaging $40 rake back per session - I usually play 400 - 600 hands per session single table ..Why would you play a ring game and give the house a cut if you didn't have to. Thanks to WPX you don't have to now.Yes - much lower number of people / tables - only 4 to 6 2/4 tables when I've been on but hopefully I'll play more & so will others. & yes, right now nothing but holdem - they offer other games but noone is in them ... I'm astonished that people are still paying a rake when they don't have to I'll play all of my cash / ring games there - Hope lots of people join me.
GrindingAway, I've been suggesting this site for weeks now, and all i hear is the same thing about poor quality game selection etc.Truth is, the games are getting better and better. And most don't realise just how lucrative 100% rakeback is...
GrindingAway, I've been suggesting this site for weeks now, and all i hear is the same thing about poor quality game selection etc.Truth is, the games are getting better and better. And most don't realise just how lucrative 100% rakeback is...
Got my A$$ handed to me on a 2/4 table where a guy was just betting into every big pot / capping with nothing and Catching AMAZING cards , but I see that happen everywhere - What was real cool is that I jumped into a 3/6 game that had $3,063 on the table *** THREE THOSAND DOLLARS *** and I made $250 in 3hours - one of my best on line limit sessions ever ...(& oh yeah, $40 more in my rake account that I'll get back on monday - Cha Ching ) Maybee I'm just the fish everyone is waiting to show up at that site, but I'm LOVING IT ...