christian

Jesus was in fact a practicing Jew, obvioulsy influenced by pagan mythology, I forget the name of the myth, though if prompted i could look it up, that basically had a prophet who had died after being pierced and rose after three days. Also, well read enough in scripture to actively fulfill it, not through destiny, but through his will to fulfill it. He never did accomplish the destruction and rebuilidng of a temple. Christians will argue that it was Christianity that he founded though he did no such thing. He and his brothers and most loyal followers were all devout Jews.Hmm what text would a Jew be reading in that time? Well Im gonna go out on a limb and say the Old Testament. Hmm what does the old testament prophecize. O I know..the coming of the Messiah. A lot of his original disciples were not in fact devout Jews or even well educated. The were average common folk of the time who came to be some of the most well known people ever. If Christ were in fact their savior why do Christians choose to ignore Jewish law, if anything the logical continuation according to Jesus would be to simply insert himself into Jewish history, effectively making it a sect of the Jewish Church, much like other churches have splinter groups. What I like about smash at least is that he some some general knowledge of the Bible. If you look in the Bible to what Jesus said on The Law it is that all the Law showed is that you had to live this way or you would not see God. Well Jesus came to perfectly fulfill the Law meaning he did not sin. By doing this He perfectly fulfilled the Law thereby destroying it. If you read on you will find that at the last supper Jesus says that he has made a New Covanent. One that does not rely on following these Jewish Laws but one that involves following him.Paul created Christianity by blending historical Jesus with pagan mythology, and the addition of pagan holidays. Christians are followers of Paul not Christ.Paul in fact did not make up holidays such as Christmas or Passover. He actually doesnt (I wont say never b/c though i cant think of one there might be) ever mention holidays. The Catholic Church is the one who established Christmas on a Pagan holiday not Paul.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i tend to find laughable is that you will stare at solid facts and deny them.
I think some of us have wildly different definitions of facts.

haha u seem to have missed the point of Santa but it is ironic that we talk about him b/c Santa was made up after an actual person.Hey, sorry I missed that point, are you arguing that Christ is a made up fictional chracter based on someone who existed?I might be able to buy that one.Let me know.

Peter was looked at as being a direct disciple of Jesus. He went out after Jesus's death and resurrection and preached in the name of Jesus. Now did he live to a ripe old age? No he was beaten several times and eventually murdered. Now would you die for the easter bunny or Santa or anything else that you know to be not true?Of course not, but you might.See that's the whole problem. The first step is beliving in something that's obviously false.Later down the line is flying airplanes into buildings in the name of something that's obviously false.You're walking down that path.Good luck with that.

Peter was looked at as being a direct disciple of Jesus. He went out after Jesus's death and resurrection and preached in the name of Jesus. Now did he live to a ripe old age? No he was beaten several times and eventually murdered. Now would you die for the easter bunny or Santa or anything else that you know to be not true?Of course not, but you might.See that's the whole problem. The first step is beliving in something that's obviously false.Later down the line is flying airplanes into buildings in the name of something that's obviously false.You're walking down that path.Good luck with that.
Another bad attempt to prove your point. People flying planes into buildings for something they believe is quite a bit different then Peter being killed for preaching the name of Jesus. Whats the difference? Well Peter was alive during the time of Jesus. He claimed to have walked with Jesus. He claimed to have personally seen Jesus resurrected and that is what he preached. Now if Peter was just continuing a lie or a myth would he really allow himself to be killed for something he knew to be false? The ones flying planes into buildings never claimed to know have met allah or for the matter were obviously never around at the time of muhammed. so they did it based off of faith.

Another bad attempt to prove your point. People flying planes into buildings for something they believe is quite a bit different then Peter being killed for preaching the name of Jesus. Whats the difference? Well Peter was alive during the time of Jesus. He claimed to have walked with Jesus. He claimed to have personally seen Jesus resurrected and that is what he preached. Now if Peter was just continuing a lie or a myth would he really allow himself to be killed for something he knew to be false? The ones flying planes into buildings never claimed to know have met allah or for the matter were obviously never around at the time of muhammed. so they did it based off of faith.I was talking about you, not Peter.Have you met Christ recently? I thought I saw at Best Buy tonight, but turns out it was just some black dude buying a wireless card.It's a shame you you're so stunningly bad at reading that you can't understand my intent here. Is it a learning disability or something?

I forgot that you tend to avoid questions you cant answer. Although if i had to guess, your goign to claim that peter didnt exist either. Have I seen Christ lately? Maybe you need to work on your reading skills as well. If youll look I said that Peter claimed to have lived with Jesus. I never claimed that the terrorists that flew planes in to buildings knew allah. It is always humerous to see your grasp for power in every post you make. I am starting to see u more as a person who has to try to control every situation and does not know how to handle a situation where you cant win. Kinda humerous though...Neways im sure ull call me wimpy or something again haha

I am starting to see u more as a person who has to try to control every situation and does not know how to handle a situation where you cant win.What's really funny is I won about 10 posts ago, but I'm just letting you dig yourself deeper and deeper.But let's talk about Peter for a minute.Are you down to your only attempt offering evidence being the testimony of the man in charge of the religion claiming he witnessed miracles and whatnot?Is that where we are? Becuase if that's your case, we should really talk about Paul, don't you think. Paul has some really intresting things to say as someone who never saw Christ or thought he was a real person at all.Let me explain my argument again.You asked me if someone would let themselves be killed when they hand't seen firsthand the foudner of the religion they belived in. My answer is yes, of course they would, it happens all the time.Then, you *supported* my argument by pointing out that muslim suicide bombers never met Allah (allthough Mohamed would be the actual anqalogy, but if I critiqued your reasoning abilities this wouldn't be much fun, now would it).So, clearly you agree with me that someone would die for soemthing they have no tangible prof of whatsoever.Which is your next argument that you want to support me by attempting to argue?Whenever youi're ready.By the way, are you about 14 or so?

What's really funny is I won about 10 posts ago, but I'm just letting you dig yourself deeper and deeper.hahaha its great to know you have a sense of humor...always the jokster arent you? And you won how exactly?But let's talk about Peter for a minute.Are you down to your only attempt offering evidence being the testimony of the man in charge of the religion claiming he witnessed miracles and whatnot?Man you really did talk about him for a whole minute..wow you mentioned his name...very goodIs that where we are? Becuase if that's your case, we should really talk about Paul, don't you think. Paul has some really intresting things to say as someone who never saw Christ or thought he was a real person at all.So lets talk about Paul. So he never saw Christ? Wow that would be news to anybody who has ever read the Bible. But hey you seem to know everything in the world. Let me explain my argument again.You asked me if someone would let themselves be killed when they hand't seen firsthand the foudner of the religion they belived in. My answer is yes, of course they would, it happens all the time.Then, you *supported* my argument by pointing out that muslim suicide bombers never met Allah (allthough Mohamed would be the actual anqalogy, but if I critiqued your reasoning abilities this wouldn't be much fun, now would it).I actually did put Mohamed in there but I guess in all your greatness you missed it. Did u forget to put ur reading glasses on? I guess for the third time I need to explain the whole thing to you. Peter and also Paul suffered multiple beatings and eventual death preaching about the Life of Jesus as the began to evangelize. Peter especially would have no reason to die if he had known that Jesus was a fraud. As for the muslims who fly into buildings...Now as its been established they did now physically meet mohamed. So what they do they do off of faith not off of a physical meeting. Quite a big difference wouldnt you think? Some can become misguided in there faith but one who personally was around at the time would have no reason to die for something he knew was a fact. I am not sure i can make this more simple to understand so hopefully youll be able to see it

And you won how exactly?
If this were a boxing match...
By the way, are you about 14 or so?
I was going to set the over/under at 14.
So lets talk about Paul. So he never saw Christ? Wow that would be news to anybody who has ever read the Bible.
Heh...of course you mean that it wouldn't be news, right? Perhaps you could dig up some verses for me...I've got to say, this dialogue amuses me greatly.
  • 8 months later...