Explain To Me "hand Job"

Maybe lead the turn????Easy call????---------------------------------Seat 1: ( $428.25) Seat 2: ( $2498.69) Seat 3: ( $200) Seat 4: ( $1000) Seat 5: ( $1769.97) DrZebra Seat 6: ( $252) Seat 7: ( $2360.80) Villain Seat 8: ( $467)Seat 9: ( $327.67) Seat 10:( $1659.75) s1 posts small blind (5) s2 posts big blind (10) Dealt to DrZebra 2 :D 8 :D A :) 4 :heart:s3 folds.s4 folds.DrZebra raises (45) to 45s6 folds.Villain raises (160) to 160s8 folds.s9 folds.s10 folds.s1 folds.s2 folds.DrZebra calls (115)(335) 5 :D T :club: 9 :club:DrZebra checks.Villain bets (252.41)DrZebra calls (252.41)(840) 3 :heart:DrZebra checks.Villain bets (840)DrZebra .....

Maybe lead the turn????Easy call????---------------------------------Seat 1: ( $428.25) Seat 2: ( $2498.69) Seat 3: ( $200) Seat 4: ( $1000) Seat 5: ( $1769.97) DrZebra Seat 6: ( $252) Seat 7: ( $2360.80) Villain Seat 8: ( $467)Seat 9: ( $327.67) Seat 10:( $1659.75) s1 posts small blind (5) s2 posts big blind (10) Dealt to DrZebra 2 :D 8 :D A :) 4 :heart:s3 folds.s4 folds.DrZebra raises (45) to 45s6 folds.Villain raises (160) to 160s8 folds.s9 folds.s10 folds.s1 folds.s2 folds.DrZebra calls (115)(335) 5 :D T :club: 9 :club:DrZebra checks.Villain bets (252.41)DrZebra calls (252.41)(840) 3 :heart:DrZebra checks.Villain bets (840)DrZebra .....
My question exactly. I can't see any reason to call that flop. You have to hit runner runner to even make a hand that has a chance, and runner runner perfect to scoop the pot. You have no reason to call on that flop.

s1 posts small blind (5) s2 posts big blind (10) Dealt to DrZebra 2 :club: 8 :D A :D 4 :D s3 folds.s4 folds.DrZebra raises (45) to 45s6 folds.Villain raises (160) to 160I am confused. Is this a NL or PL o8 game?Assume it's a plo8 game.If you were the first limper you could only raise to $35, and villain could only pot you back at $120.If there's one limper before you then the amount of bettings were correct.Anyway like the others said, fold the flop because ur oop, both you and your villain doesn't have tons of chips, and even both of you do have you don't know if your villain will pay you when you hit runner runner miracle.

s1 posts small blind (5) s2 posts big blind (10) Dealt to DrZebra 2 :club: 8 :D A :D 4 :D s3 folds.s4 folds.DrZebra raises (45) to 45s6 folds.Villain raises (160) to 160I am confused. Is this a NL or PL o8 game?Assume it's a plo8 game.If you were the first limper you could only raise to $35, and villain could only pot you back at $120.If there's one limper before you then the amount of bettings were correct.Anyway like the others said, fold the flop because ur oop, both you and your villain doesn't have tons of chips, and even both of you do have you don't know if your villain will pay you when you hit runner runner miracle.
My bad there was indeed one limper before me.Now, let's think about this a second. He repots preflop. That severely narrows his range to AAxy with one of x, y being a 2 or 3. That's quite narrow.That flop did not give me miracle runner runner, it gave me two backdoor flushes and backdoor nut low with CF. On top of that, I know he has AA for high. Am I really going to throw away the opportunity to scare the crap out of him and make a bold move on the turn? If a 9 falls on the turn, I'm moving in.The turn may have been really bad. Let's say he's got AA2x with Ax hearts....is this too narrow of a range to make it worth a fold?
My bad there was indeed one limper before me.Now, let's think about this a second. He repots preflop. That severely narrows his range to AAxy with one of x, y being a 2 or 3. That's quite narrow.That flop did not give me miracle runner runner, it gave me two backdoor flushes and backdoor nut low with CF. On top of that, I know he has AA for high. Am I really going to throw away the opportunity to scare the crap out of him and make a bold move on the turn? If a 9 falls on the turn, I'm moving in.The turn may have been really bad. Let's say he's got AA2x with Ax hearts....is this too narrow of a range to make it worth a fold?
And for those of you thinking I should fold on the flop, remember that a 10 high board is THE perfect board to bluff at on the flop.
And for those of you thinking I should fold on the flop, remember that a 10 high board is THE perfect board to bluff at on the flop.
A couple questions...How is check calling the flop a bluff?How is checking the turn ( letting him commit himself to the pot) a bluff?

extremely easy fold on flop. Other player represented a good hand, not just an A24x. but if you do call, it's a slight call on the turn when low draw hits in a tournament only. you gotta scoop pots to win money hu.

A couple questions...How is check calling the flop a bluff?How is checking the turn ( letting him commit himself to the pot) a bluff?
If you don't play much, why bother responding?1. check-calling sets up the bluff and possibly slows him down if i improve. my main point also suggests his flop bet may be further evidence of his weak holding (AAxy)2. the turn confuses me because my hand has improved quite a bit, but the exact holding AA2x Ax hearts has me crushed.Don't bother replying.
check-calling sets up the bluff and possibly slows him down if i improve.
If you improve? The 3h is the best possible card for you and one of the only ones i can see that actually helps you or puts you near the lead. The flush draw is too weak to be pushing with. Still...fold the flop
If you improve? The 3h is the best possible card for you and one of the only ones i can see that actually helps you or puts you near the lead. The flush draw is too weak to be pushing with. Still...fold the flop
What is unclear?I do not need the best hand. There is NO chance he has a set of tens. If he has AAxy how hard is it to get him off of it?
What is unclear?I do not need the best hand. There is NO chance he has a set of tens. If he has AAxy how hard is it to get him off of it?
Should I repot the flop?Should I call the turn (no fold equity any more)?Do you really see no potential to take down the 200 that's not mine from preflop betting?
What is unclear?I do not need the best hand. There is NO chance he has a set of tens. If he has AAxy how hard is it to get him off of it?Should I repot the flop?Should I call the turn (no fold equity any more)?Do you really see no potential to take down the 200 that's not mine from preflop betting?
definitely check raise the flop if you think he's weak. could have taken it down as long as he didnt have a monster, or if he could get off aces. Having the rainbow flop and only one low card would have made that possible

Ok, 8 known, 44 unknown with one to come.6h straight flush. nut low. (1)Ah straight flush. Nut low. (1)Kh, Qh, Jh, Th, 9h Four high flush. No low. (5)7h, 8h Four high flush. Nut low. (2)6c, 6d, 6s six high straight, nut low. (3)As, Ad five high straight, nut low. (2)2c, 2s, 2d, 4c, 4s, 4d, 8s, 8d One pair, nut low. (8)3c, 3s, 3d, 5c, 5s, 5d, 7c, 7s, 7d Ace high, nut low (9)9s, 9d, Tc, Td, Jc, Js, Jd, Qc, Qs, Qd, Kc, Ks, Kd Ace high, no low. (13)Against some likely hands.vsAhAsKsKd 12 scoops, 17 chops, 11 nothings.VsAhAsKhKs 5 scoops, 16 nothings, 19 chops. AhAs2d3d 6 scoops, 2 chops, 6 get 3/4, 13 get 1/4, 13 nothings.As2s3dKh 6 scoops, 11 3/4, 2 chops, 8 1/4, 13 nothings.Ah2s3dKh 2 scoops, 9 3/4, 2 chops, 10 1/4, 17 nothings.I think what's important here is to look at how many times you take nothing. For the high side, you have a flush draw, straight draws, but more importantly an ACE EIGHT HIGH!!! On more than a few occasions you'll get scooped by a pair of tens or even worse, ace high better kicker!!!You are definately in the lead for the low. So what? You even said yourself that A2 is probably likely against you. Sooo, your A24 has 3 aces and 3 dueces minus at least one each in your opponent's hand, so 4 or 3 chances to make the nuts using the backup. Not to mention you're playing for half the pot.So backing up to your post flop play. With that board, you have Backdoor nut low draw. Back door nut clubs. Back door bad hearts. Back door wheel draws. Back door Straight Flush draw! Pair/trips draws. The common theme being “back door”. Of those, the 3h satisfies most of them, it’s almost a gin card. Even with a gin card, you aren’t in great shape. Would you be pondering this had it been a non-heart 3? Ace of hearts? Black paint? Chances are no. This last math is real rough, before the turn, you had 45 unknowns, so 45x44 is 1980. I think you’ll hit your backdoors maybe 250 of em? I don’t think you have enough scoop possibilities to grant a call. Although if you had position, you’d act the exact same way as the villain did. I think mucking post flop is the correct move. And ya, it sucks because A24 doesn't come around often, but you can find much better spots than this.

Meh, I think it will be very difficult to move him off it because it would take a rare player to pot it preflop and call a repot with a 9 or T in their hand. It might be worth it to try and represent KKxx or QQxx on a K or Q-high board, but I really don't think he'd be scared of another 9 or T. I think the flop is a fold.