How Do You Play Middle To Low Pocket Pairs When Coming In First?

I usually limp in and hope that someone with a premium hand like AK, KK or AA raises me from behing and I hope to break them by flopping a set. Is this ok or should I just fold them when I'm out of position?

I usually limp in and hope that someone with a premium hand like AK, KK or AA raises me from behing and I hope to break them by flopping a set. Is this ok or should I just fold them when I'm out of position?
I like to try and limp in with pocket pair in early position but here are a few things i consider if it is raised after I limp.1. Stack sizes are important. You need to make 8 to 1 on you're investment to make playing pocket pairs profitable.2. The player that raised. Is he someone that will pay you off with just having an overpair if you hit you're set?
I like to try and limp in with pocket pair in early position but here are a few things i consider if it is raised after I limp.1. Stack sizes are important. You need to make 8 to 1 on you're investment to make playing pocket pairs profitable.2. The player that raised. Is he someone that will pay you off with just having an overpair if you hit you're set?
3. How aggressive the table is playing.4. How many people are seeing the flop.

You don't describe position in your question. If I'm opening in LP I generally open for a standard raise and go from there. From EP I limp with any pocket pair usually assuming our stacks are reasonably deep.

i prefer to limp in with any pocket pair in early position. mostly because I want somebody else to have AA,KK,or AK, and when they raise, I rather them 3x/4x the BB which is an easy call, rather then 3x/4x my original raise.in late position in an unraised pot, i like raising with any pp, how much depends on how many limpers before me. basically I narrow the field and try to make people hit a flop on me.

1. Stack sizes are important. You need to make 8 to 1 on you're investment to make playing pocket pairs profitable.If you never do anything but fold if you don't flop a set you do.Fortunately I don't have that problem :)good luck.

i used to limp any pair upfront that was smaller than 88 and I'd usually be raising with 99 - AA, although no everytime with 99 - 10s.this was at 50NL 100NL and 200NL where just about everyone was a donk, and was playing full ring.6 max I raise every pair UTG.but full ring I may have to make slight changes to my pairs I limp UTG, although $400NL is nothing close to "tough" poker, it is slightly more challenging than the $100NL or $200NL games.Just pay attention to the table flow, stack sizes, who's behind you and your image.if people know you are limping small pairs upfront all the time, you'll need to mix it up with raising them a few times.- Jordan

1. Stack sizes are important. You need to make 8 to 1 on you're investment to make playing pocket pairs profitable.If you never do anything but fold if you don't flop a set you do.Fortunately I don't have that problem :)good luck.
Odds are 8 to 1 that you might actually give advice rather than just blirting out one liners. Keep up the wise posts Smash!

Odds are 8 to 1 that you might actually give advice rather than just blirting out one liners. Keep up the wise posts Smash!What are the odds you'll understand any of them?I don't seem to have an "infiinty" key on this damn thing so I really can't express them very well.

You should try the Smash system.It makes more than 94% of you donkeys who think you know better.

If someone has input on this, I would like it since I am not as skilled in the NL cash game as the limit game.If I am opening EP or LP, I almost always raise. Of course I do this with all my premium hands but I tend to raise with the pair 77 through 22 in EP about a third of the time or fold it if the following players stack sizes warrant it.It just makes me a randomized bluff(I guess semi-bluff really since I have a made hand).I play tight/aggressive so most my opponents will not put me on the low pockets OOP and when they try to steal on a low flop, they often get a surprise when I hit my set.I've been successful with this play but do not know if it is optimal. I find, when I show, people are surprised and will loosen up against me, setting up my normal raises of the premium hands.I just do not like limping in low limit play as the opener and would rather decrease my EV by raising these hands than limping. And then if player's do try to make read, it will be if I'm screwing them with a premium hand or PP or screwing again cause I raised 44 UTG+1.I find I make more money doing this than having to limp occassionally with the AA or KK to mix up my play.Any good thoughts to this. I know it's not probably book style but my win rate has improved since employing this as my strat.