The Greatest Poker Show Ever Aired...

I can't believe nobody has ever mentioned this show as the best ever...It was that "pilot" for the poker strategy show on Travel Channel called "Poker Corner"..It was basically..Phil Hellmuth, Daniel, and Annie Duke with Mike Sexton as the moderator/host and they watched a WPT event and critiqued the play...It was very entertaining and actually inciteful..You also had some no holds barred commentary like "Matros is a tell box" and "This is such a bad play on so many levels."I, like many others (I am sure) are very dissapointed that nothing came of this "pilot"..Maybe it was too "brainy" and intelligent? Did it only cater to poker players that like money?If Daniel can chime in and say why that show was killed..it would be great..that show didn't deserve to die.

The reason the show didn't get picked up is because the execs at the Travel Channel aren't too sharp. Get this: The first episode of the show aired during a RE-RUN of the WPT Championship, on the same night of the PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES.... AND the Yankees/Red Sox game! Hey whaddya know, the ratings weren't all that great... duh??? What did they expect exactly? Had the show been given a fair shake I think it would be a hit. Especially now that shows like "Inside Poker" and "Poker Beat" are airing regularly on FSN. The show never had a chance...

I can't believe nobody has ever mentioned this show as the best ever...It was that "pilot" for the poker strategy show on Travel Channel called "Poker Corner"..It was basically..Phil Hellmuth, Daniel, and Annie Duke with Mike Sexton as the moderator/host and they watched a WPT event and critiqued the play...It was very entertaining and actually inciteful..You also had some no holds barred commentary like "Matros is a tell box" and "This is such a bad play on so many levels."I, like many others (I am sure) are very dissapointed that nothing came of this "pilot"..Maybe it was too "brainy" and intelligent? Did it only cater to poker players that like money?If Daniel can chime in and say why that show was killed..it would be great..that show didn't deserve to die.
Wow! blast from the past. Totally forgot about this! This show was great, much better than any other show out there right now.On a side note, is 'Learn from the Pros' getting picked up again or is it done too? I actually find it pretty entertaining and insightful at times.

Is this the same Poker Corner that's on the WPT DVD set? If so, that's a great show. I was looking at the next set of WPT DVDs going, "Where's the Poker Corner?"I hope they give that show another try.

It's a damn shame this show was never given a chance. It was great to see great poker players disecting and analyzing the play at the WPT Championship and arguing whether or not certain plays were right or not. The Travel Channel was idiotic for not giving this show a chance.

It's a damn shame this show was never given a chance. It was great to see great poker players disecting and analyzing the play at the WPT Championship and arguing whether or not certain plays were right or not. The Travel Channel was idiotic for not giving this show a chance.
I agree. The show was very informative. I hope the execs at Travel Channel get a clue and bring it back. Was that one episode ever put on to the WPT dvd for that season?
I agree. The show was very informative. I hope the execs at Travel Channel get a clue and bring it back. Was that one episode ever put on to the WPT dvd for that season?
yes. it was.thats the only reason I even saw it.it was actually better than watching the wpt championship by itself.

That show was even better than watching the actual poker event itself. It was far supperb than any other poker show out at the time and even now. Believe me, this pooch knows. I'm not saying this either becuz Daniel is my master. This show could even be good enough for prime time on NBC and be a giant hit!

I agree I enjoyed the show too. Must have been the ratings weren't good enough.

Sounds like an awesome show. I love to hear pros discussing the game with eachother and critiquing particular plays.

yes. it was.thats the only reason I even saw it.it was actually better than watching the wpt championship by itself.
Thanks KidPokurr. I'm gettin it.