Slick Goes Trip (8/16)

Bodog 8/16 LHE (-handed)Cobalt is button w/ A :) K :D. CO is a super donk of the LAP variety. No read on UTG or SB.Pre-flop:UTG raises, 1 fold, CO calls, Cobalt 3-bets, SB caps, 1 fold, UTG calls, CO calls, Cobalt callsFlop (17 SB): A :club: A :) Q :D (4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Cobalt raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, CO calls, Cobalt caps, SB calls, CO callsTurn (14.5 BB): 2 :D (3 players)SB bets, CO calls, Cobalt raises, SB calls, CO callsRiver (20.5 BB): 4 :) (3 players)SB bets, CO calls, Cobalt callsFinal Pot: 23.5 BB

we're not worried about CO, but what could SB have?the only reasonable hands are AK, AQ, QQ, and maybe AJ or AT (although I would discount the latter).if CO has AQ or QQ, then he'll probably 3-bet the river and with the other hands he'll likely just call, so i think a river call is good.

we're not worried about CO, but what could SB have?the only reasonable hands are AK, AQ, QQ, and maybe AJ or AT (although I would discount the latter).if CO has AQ or QQ, then he'll probably 3-bet the river and with the other hands he'll likely just call, so i think a river call is good.
We like the turn raise though, right? After the pre-flop and flop action, I'm quite worried about AQ/QQ. On the turn, I'm sort of praying that SB and I are splitting with AK and that CO's chasing the flush or straight. Once SB bets the river and CO calls (with a weak ace likely), I think my hand's screwed, but there's no way I can fold, right?

Call down after SB leads the turn. You realistically beat nothing he has. 3 combos QQ you lose to3 combos AQ you lose to - discounted of course to probably 13 combos of AK you tie with 1 discounted combo of some random Ax combo you beatSo you're not in very good shape here. Even though it is nice to work with SB when he has AK to trap the in-between player for more bets, it's simply not worth extra cost when you are behind.Edit: sb's flop check/3-bet after he capped the flop makes it look a bit more like a flopped boat than AK/AJ IMO.

Once SB bets the river and CO calls (with a weak ace likely), I think my hand's screwed, but there's no way I can fold, right?
If you give CO any credit you'd have to expect him to have a weak-ish ace, and in that case, you're losing to one hand and one hand only (QQ), for which there would only be 3 combinations left in the deck. If CO is a complete idiot and shows down tons of ****, a queen is the next most likely candidate. But if he has a Q, then that severely limits the number of hands that SB could have that would beat you. There would only be two combinations of AQ left in the deck and one of QQ. ... and after scrolling down, i see screech already wrote it up. It's a weird hand. It wouldnt suprise me if they both flipped up something completely random like JJ and KQ.
Edit: sb's flop check/3-bet after he capped the flop makes it look a bit more like a flopped boat than AK/AJ IMO.
Yeah. But then it doesnt make sense why he would slow down on the turn and gaybet the river.