New To Nl Cash Games

I've been playing poker for a few years, but mostly limit hold 'em, stud, and Omaha H/L, and NL Hold 'em tournements. I really don't have much experience with NL Hold 'em cash games. Just wondering how I played this hand.Some info about the hand: the opponent was pretty passive the whole time he was there, which wasn't too long before this hand. I put him on a diamond draw, not a made hand, and figured if the 4th diamond didn't hit, I was good.Full Tilt Poker Game #566367472: Table Hills Center - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:08:13 ET - 2006/04/14Seat 1: who62500 ($18.15)Seat 2: FamousT ($6.50)Seat 3: ckbreadman ($10.65)Seat 4: uofa87 ($4.40)Seat 5: Lucky kk ($1.20)Seat 6: KHUI995 ($11.90)Seat 7: kevykev158 ($10.55)Seat 8: kealohi ($5.50)Seat 9: Paintballa7786 ($5.20)Paintballa7786 posts the small blind of $0.05who62500 posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to who62500 [9c 5d]FamousT foldsckbreadman foldsuofa87 calls $0.10Lucky kk foldsKHUI995 raises to $0.20kevykev158 foldsPaintballa7786 foldswho62500 calls $0.10uofa87 calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [9d 7d 4d]who62500 bets $0.40uofa87 foldsKHUI995 calls $0.40*** TURN *** [9d 7d 4d] [Qh]who62500 bets $0.60KHUI995 calls $0.60*** RIVER *** [9d 7d 4d Qh] [9s]who62500 bets $1KHUI995 raises to $10.70, and is all inwho62500 calls $9.70

Just a quick couple of comments (and I apologize that nothing is about the hand itself as I'm not a NL expert by any stretch).Even though you were playing micro limits, since you were playing NL, you should post your hand history in the no limit forum. The players there are bound to have much more experience and will be able to offer, in general, more valid information.Also, before posting hand histories like that, run them through a converter, such as the one found at http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/ (I suggest this one because it, unlike others, converts Full Tilt hand histories). That'll get it from the original format to looking like this (and I forgot to select "show stack sizes" but for NL it's a good idea to do that):Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.108 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 9 :) 5 :club:2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO raises to $0.2, 2 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.Flop: 9 :D 7 :D 4 :D ($0.65, 3 players)Hero bets $0.4, MP1 folds, CO calls.Turn: Q :) ($1.45, 2 players)Hero bets $0.6, CO calls.River: 9 :) ($2.65, 2 players)Hero bets $1, CO raises all-in $10.7, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $24.05This makes it significantly easier to read and comment on. Just copy and paste the hand history and make the necessary selections as far as options are concerned, and it will output what you need to paste into your forum post.Again, sorry I don't have any specific advice on the hand, but I hope this helps you get the info you need. :)

Just a quick couple of comments (and I apologize that nothing is about the hand itself as I'm not a NL expert by any stretch).Even though you were playing micro limits, since you were playing NL, you should post your hand history in the no limit forum. The players there are bound to have much more experience and will be able to offer, in general, more valid information.Also, before posting hand histories like that, run them through a converter, such as the one found at http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/ (I suggest this one because it, unlike others, converts Full Tilt hand histories). That'll get it from the original format to looking like this (and I forgot to select "show stack sizes" but for NL it's a good idea to do that):Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.108 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 9 :) 5 :club:2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO raises to $0.2, 2 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.Flop: 9 :D 7 :D 4 :D ($0.65, 3 players)Hero bets $0.4, MP1 folds, CO calls.Turn: Q :) ($1.45, 2 players)Hero bets $0.6, CO calls.River: 9 :) ($2.65, 2 players)Hero bets $1, CO raises all-in $10.7, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $24.05This makes it significantly easier to read and comment on. Just copy and paste the hand history and make the necessary selections as far as options are concerned, and it will output what you need to paste into your forum post.Again, sorry I don't have any specific advice on the hand, but I hope this helps you get the info you need. :)
Thanks, I'll do that now. I didn't know where to find a hand converter. Will do that from now on.
fold preflop. even if he did just double the blind, your hand and position suck ***. find the NL section. this is limit.
Oh my god. I just bothered to take the time to actually look at the hand.I just want to point out to the OP that you have 95 offsuit. I'm not sure if you noticed that. Maybe you looked really quick and it looked like 99 or something, but it's 95 offsuit. It's _almost_ worthy of an open fold from the BB even without a preflop raise. :club:

I'm going to disagree with the preflop advice.Fold is good.Not folding is fine.Villan and Hero both have over 100x bb.... preflop for min raise is no prob.With the caveeat you play decently post flop.But in NL, if you stink post flop, then do Smash strategy.I would bet a tad more on the turn, maybe $1His flop flat call is really suspicious to meAnd I fold river. But I woudl have trouble laying down and I'm not familar with how likely a bluff is here in NL.Sometimes he's bluffing a missed flush.Your 2/3, 1/2, 1/3 betting says to me you can beat a bluff... and want value; so I would tend to believe this otherwise passive player.I would not be surprised at all if it were 77... afraid to raise earlier.then again, I'm no NL pro.

then again, I'm no NL pro.
thats quite obvious if you suggest that calling with that hand is ok. thats a terrible, terrible hand in horrible position. I might call with 97o or 98o, but not 95o
thats quite obvious if you suggest that calling with that hand is ok. thats a terrible, terrible hand in horrible position. I might call with 97o or 98o, but not 95o
see the stacks?Almost any two cards is not HORRIBLE.It's really of little consequence.If he is strong post flop.I usually fold this..but just silly to emphasis it, is what i'm getting at.Limit: easy fold.NL: doesn't matterYou as well sir are obviously not well versed in basic concepts.:club:

It all basically boils down to post flop ability, doesn't it? Any two cards against a min-raise with decently sized stacks are, in my opinion, profitable if you can play well post-flop. After all, if someone min-raises PF, it doesn't suggest a masterful player.

Oh my god. I just bothered to take the time to actually look at the hand.I just want to point out to the OP that you have 95 offsuit. I'm not sure if you noticed that. Maybe you looked really quick and it looked like 99 or something, but it's 95 offsuit. It's _almost_ worthy of an open fold from the BB even without a preflop raise. :club:
i was thinking the same thing