Tino Martinez's Top 5 Al Pitchers.

Not having Carpenter on this list causes you to lose all credibility. His last two years with the Cardinals have been extremely impressive as the #1 guy on the #1 NL team. Not saying he is necessarily #1 on the list, as he's only done it for two years, but he's ahead of Zambrano and Sheets and easily and probably Oswalt too.
i dont see him as a diminating pitcher~ watch...he will not be the ace everyone thinks he is this year
He is, sort of. I don't think he's better than Willis though.
Well, in the last three years, they have identical winning percentages (Peavy pitching for the Padres, Dontrelle for a world championship team), Peavy has a better ERA, much better K-rate, and a lower WHIP. It's a marginal difference though. Really, all the pitchers on the list are fairly close except Pedro. If he were completely healthy, he'd be far and away the best pitcher in the league.

I agree with the top 3 if it's who you would want on your team right now to win a World Series.King Felix is young but his stuff is just filthy.I toss Colon/Bonderman - Lackey is actually the ace of the Angels and I'd go with him and either Randy Johnson or Harden for my 5th pick. If Harden could stay healthy, he'd be my 5th but he hasn't proven that yet.Lackey is the Ace? Um you do now that Colon was the Cy Young winner in the AL?Colon is a top 5, He just grinds it out every game with a fast ball the gets faster later in the game. Hee is a vet and it shows

I agree with the top 3 if it's who you would want on your team right now to win a World Series.King Felix is young but his stuff is just filthy.I toss Colon/Bonderman - Lackey is actually the ace of the Angels and I'd go with him and either Randy Johnson or Harden for my 5th pick. If Harden could stay healthy, he'd be my 5th but he hasn't proven that yet.Lackey is the Ace? Um you do now that Colon was the Cy Young winner in the AL?Colon is a top 5, He just grinds it out every game with a fast ball the gets faster later in the game. Hee is a vet and it shows
Jesus, are you arguing with yourself?
hahahahahaI think he hasn't figured out how to quote.
And not just throwing it in the pretty blue box...I don't see any quotation marks anywhere.
Lackey is the Ace? Um you do now that Colon was the Cy Young winner in the AL?Colon is a top 5, He just grinds it out every game with a fast ball the gets faster later in the game. Hee is a vet and it shows
Yeah, those writers always pick the most deserving candidate for MVP and Cy Young (sw)Look at Colon's 2004 stats - he's very inconsistent from year to year. Lackey's 2nd Half included an ERA of 2.57; he had 199 K's compared to Colon's 157 and Lackey is 5 years younger. Also - it appears that Lackey is in better shape than Colon.It's like the A's where Zito is called the Ace of the team when any A's fan would rather have Harden or Haren take the mound.

There's a difference IMO between your best pitcher and your ace. The ace of the staff has the mental stability that most other pitchers don't. Case in point...Derek Lowe. In the Dodger's season opener Lowe got lit up and looked like he was going to come apart at the seams. You put Randy Johnson, Jamie Moyer, or Tom Glavine in that same position they will keep their composure and come at you again with everything they got. An ace is a pitcher that will go out there with the attitude of I will get you....even if you put 20 runs on me in an inning the I will get you back whether it be the next inning or the next game. Jamie Moyer couldn't throw a baseball through a paper sack, but his attitude and will to win makes him the ace of that staff...in other words he finds ways to get you out.