I Need The Reasons Why My Decision Was Wrong Or Right.

$0.10BB NLHE home game. Everyone has gone home except myself and villan(actually a good friend)Villan: $18.70Hero: $18.40I had clawed up to even from starting heads up down ~$25 to ~$10. I had done this by playing tight aggressive preflop and folding in the SB a few times when he would groan with obviously a good hand. I would re-raise his PF raise when ever I thought he had no ace/pair and this had been working. My continuation bets were aggrivating him and he would show down 4th pair to my TP/TK. I would say he was playing loose aggressive but turned a bit passive when I bet post flop.Dealt Pre-Flop:Hero(in the BB): 9 :) 7 :D Villan raises to $0.40, Hero calls [i figured I had two live cards and could out play him on the flop]Flop($0.80): 10 :D 8 :) 6 :D Hero bets $0.50 [what do you bet with that flop???]Villan raises to $1.25Hero re-raises to $4.50 [scared of the spades, but not enough to go big. Thoughts?]Villan callsTurn($9.80): A :):club: Hero checks [i figured any flush would raise a bet all-in which I didn't want. Too weak?]Villan bets $6.00Hero: ??Okay this is the big one. First it is fold or all-in right? I got calling out of my mind pretty quick. Both his flop raise and call smelled of a flush draw so I am leaning towards folding at first before I took a step back and thought a bit more. $6 into a pot of $15.80. Better than 2.5-1. I thought maybe I was too scared of the flush and that he would bet the same with a big Ace or Aces up which I am ahead of. So I lean towards all-in.See-Saw in my mind. What do you do?

How can you consider folding?Based on the flop action, it's a set or two pair or an overpair far more often than it is a flush draw. Which means that you have the best hand far more often than not.Dont check the turn either. If he checks behind with a high spade, you'll deservedly get reemed 20% of the time and lose a 120 big blind pot.

You can do whatever on the flop. If he rarely folded when you bet into him against the lead then I say bet instead of c/r. This way we get value when he has crap hands and full value when he has a good hand.If he doesn't trust check raises, you can go that route.

I c/r the flop.He's laggy, unless shown aggression; so I assume he fires at the flop.Pot is now $0.80say he bet $0.50I'd make it $2.00 to go.If he re-raises you.... do you best to get all the money... a hefty re-reraise

I c/r the flop.He's laggy, unless shown aggression; so I assume he fires at the flop.Pot is now $0.80say he bet $0.50I'd make it $2.00 to go.If he re-raises you.... do you best to get all the money... a hefty re-reraise
QFT.Your bet of $4.5 put you in the realm where if he calls, he doesn't have odds to draw to his flush anyway but is still calling. If your opponent is going to call you with a hand whether or not they have pairs, a flush draw, etc you want to get all their money.In a nut-shell, as far as drawing is concerned, $4.5 is not much different than an all-in. Either bet as Actuary suggested, or push. Floundering in the middle is either folding people out when you may want a call (which you should want) or if you're opponent will call that amount, you may as well get all their chips.
In a nut-shell, as far as drawing is concerned, $4.5 is not much different than an all-in. Either bet as Actuary suggested, or push. Floundering in the middle is either folding people out when you may want a call (which you should want) or if you're opponent will call that amount, you may as well get all their chips.
Makes sense. What I actually did was check-raise all-in on the turn after much thought.He then thought for a long time and called.I asked him "do you have a spade?"He said no.Villan: J :) 8 :D River($36.80): K :D Board: T :D 8 :) 6 :) A :) K :) I win with 7 high flush :club:

QFT=Quoted For Truth btw (By The Way)And I would also agree with actuary