The King And His Right Hand Man

How's this look? Seems correct to me... 3-betting the turn seems like spewage.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is UTG with K :D, A :club:. CO posts a blind of $2. Hero raises, 4 folds, MP3 3-bets, 4 folds, Hero caps, MP3 calls.Flop: (10.50 SB) Q :D, A :), 4 :)(2 players)Hero bets, MP3 calls.Turn: (6.25 BB) J :D(2 players)Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls.River: (10.25 BB) 4 :)(2 players)Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Reads?Seems good to me. His line looks like QQ or JJ, but his showing of strength on the turn after flat calling flop is pretty scary. I think 3-betting is spewing after he wakes up on the turn, but I'm not honestly sure what hands he is mostly to have here.

Reads?Seems good to me. His line looks like QQ or JJ, but his showing of strength on the turn after flat calling flop is pretty scary. I think 3-betting is spewing after he wakes up on the turn, but I'm not honestly sure what hands he is mostly to have here.
This is a pretty read-dependent hand, but the turn feels like a fold.What does he raise with that we have more than three outs to beat?Looks suspiciously like AJ and really the best we can hope for is something like an overzealous A10 flush draw or inebriation.

Well, AJ has 5 outs, but that's not much.No reads at this point, I think it was an early hand at the table.Are we recommending a fold on the turn?When I think about the hand afterwards, I wonder, what am I beating here?? But during it, all I think of is TPTK - call down. I get in that mode sometimes with AK since there are so many times when I completely miss and lose money, I feel I have to catch up here.On another note, I've been donk-bet and check raised by ace rag so many times today when I have AK paired up and am beating them. It's situations like that that make me want to continue.

I call down.It's another AK or worse Ace or worse than a worse Ace enough, w/o a read, imo.I think it's close and would look to any read for guidance****nm..it's not close, I call down... I missed broadway outs as well..although I noticed them when reading, I forgot them after reading Rasty's post!This is one of those hands where we have too many outs to fold and then pot's too big with a decent hand to fold for one more.

We have 10 outs against AJ.We have 7 outs against AQ.We have 4 outs against a set.You need to at least call the turn. I dont think anyone on this forum has the balls to fold the river unimproved though. It's going to be another AK (or retarded donkey spew) often enough to call down getting 11:1 with tptk.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get you to go ahead and ignore anything I write after 2 am on a weekend - I misread this one.Most of the things before too, but that's not the point.I like thecamelot's line sober, but I won't completely backpedal because I think we can often find a fold here with even a marginal read.Abba - if you're right (and you are) that we don't likely have the discipline to fold on the river unimproved, then in essence doesn't our price get a lot worse?I suck at these kinds of hands and I sure hadn't considered the counterfeit outs against AJ, but we're still getting the wrong price for a lot of his likely holdings and I think it's pretty close on the turn.