Its The Middle Of A Large Tournament With A Small Buy In

You are the BB and you have QQ. You have 9800 in chips, the table average is about twice that with 3 stacks that are 30,000 to 50,000. You are not the shortest stack.Blinds are 600/1200 with an ante.Full Table: Fold, Fold, Fold, 1200 call, Fold, 5500 bet, Fold, All in (30,000)The all in bet was from a large stack who had been pushy and had just lost a big pot, to the 1200 caller.Generally speaking, I dont mind pushing here because I am below par and have to pick a hand here soon and ride it. However I have been finishing deep in a lot of tournaments but not making any final tables.Earlier I folded AK off on the BB to a raise for all of my chips. I dont like to call with AK (but I like to raise with it)WHADDYATHINK?Ray

Push with QQ. You are so short stacked that you can't lay this hand down unless you are totally sure that the large stack is holding AA or KK ...with the blinds so high, he could be making this play with a decent ace, or any pair.Re-Raise with AK from the BB generally (obviously you can't if he puts you all in), but you dominate AQ-Ax and are at worst a coinflip with QQ-22. Only hands that have you dominated are AA and KK.

Generally speaking, I dont mind pushing here because I am below par and have to pick a hand here soon and ride it. However I have been finishing deep in a lot of tournaments but not making any final tables.
If you're even considering folding QQ when you have an M of around 4, I think I know why you're not making any final tables. In order to win a large tournament, you have to take lots of chances and you have to get lucky once or twice. The only "safe" way to accumulate chips in a large tourney is to get a big stack and use that stack to hammer people with steals. The way you get that big stack is by taking risks and hoping to catch a few cards along the way.
If you're even considering folding QQ when you have an M of around 4, I think I know why you're not making any final tables. In order to win a large tournament, you have to take lots of chances and you have to get lucky once or twice. The only "safe" way to accumulate chips in a large tourney is to get a big stack and use that stack to hammer people with steals. The way you get that big stack is by taking risks and hoping to catch a few cards along the way.
I couldn't agree with this more. This is the main reason TAG ring game players are bubblemongers in tourneys, especially ones with a faster structure. You simply HAVE to get your money in on your premium hands. If you go broke, you go broke. I'd even add that I think you are going to have to win 6-10 coinflips throughout a large tournament just to make the final table, much less go into the deep final table money.Push and hope you triple up. Get healthy or get gone is my motto.
I couldn't agree with this more. This is the main reason TAG ring game players are bubblemongers in tourneys, especially ones with a faster structure. You simply HAVE to get your money in on your premium hands. If you go broke, you go broke. I'd even add that I think you are going to have to win 6-10 coinflips throughout a large tournament just to make the final table, much less go into the deep final table money.Push and hope you triple up. Get healthy or get gone is my motto.
Andy Beal?? Just wondering who u r?

I agree with everyone else. You have to call this and hope to triple or quadruple up. The same thing goes for AK. Folding AK with a big stack against another big stack might make some sense in some strange parallel meta-game universe, but folding it when you have a small stack is just odd. You're basically saying I will only play Aces and Kings when I have the short stack?