How Much Is That Doggy? (10/20 Lhe)

Bodog 10/20 LHE (4-handed)Cobalt is Button w/ K :D 9 :D. BB is very loose and averagely aggressive. Considering my spotty history with short-handed LHE, maybe it's a bad idea to be playing so high, but the players were terrible...so there I sat. Oh, and the table is very very passive pre-flop. I'd say that I do 80% of the PF raising.Pre-flop:1 fold, Cobalt raises, 1 fold, BB callsFlop (4.5 SB): T :club: 9 :) K :D (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets, BB callsTurn (3 BB): 3 :) (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets, BB raises, Cobalt 3-bets, BB caps, Cobalt callsRiver (11 BB): 4 :) (2 players)BB bets, Cobalt ?

That 3 on the turn could not have helped him alot. So he probably must have made someting on the flop then. T9, K9, KT, QJ all seem reasonable. I dont think he has a set, he would probably 3-bet those hands preflop, right?Chances are also that he is getting sick of your preflop aggresion and he decides to make a stand with a K. You raised from the button, and you were the preflop raiser 80% of the time when it was raised.Hmm, if he holds T9, K9, KT, or QJ chances are big that he 3-bets us again on the river. If he 3-bets we are beaten most of the time. So, i think we should just call here.

This is a worse two pair a lot of the time. Probably not enough of the time to justify a raise. But he doesn't have QJ that often here.
QJ - 16 combosK3/T9 - 12 combosT3 - 9 combos93 - 6 combosAssuming he won't defend with trash, K3/T3/93 have to be discounted. When you discount those combos, he has a worse 2 pair just about as much as QJ. Adding in set combinations, KT, and something grossly overplayed, and QJ makes up about 1/3 of his range.
QJ - 16 combosK3/T9 - 12 combosT3 - 9 combos93 - 6 combosAssuming he won't defend with trash, K3/T3/93 have to be discounted. When you discount those combos, he has a worse 2 pair just about as much as QJ. Adding in set combinations, KT, and something grossly overplayed, and QJ makes up about 1/3 of his range.
Loose passive players usually defend any two cards.
Loose passive players usually defend any two cards.
Missed that read.Still, T3 and 93 have to be discounted somewhat. Loose players occassionally fold their blinds. Also, he's not overly aggressive, which means he may slow down with those hands on the turn.I would estimate that QJ makes up at least 25% of his range.
uhhh, what's teh question. there is only one right option here and its not folding or raising
WHAT IS IT THEN?I DONT KNOW THE THIRD OPTION.by the way, ill raise this river against some players.im hyper aggressive though. i like the extra bets.
This is a worse two pair a lot of the time. Probably not enough of the time to justify a raise.
nh, sir. He had 93o. I missed a bet. Granted, y'all seem to agree that I can't raise the river.
nh, sir. He had 93o. I missed a bet. Granted, y'all seem to agree that I can't raise the river.
results oriented thinking. That is such an easy call its not funny. If you get three bet there, you are toast so much more then you aren't its not funny. By raising you are opening yourself to a three bet way more often then you aren't
results oriented thinking. That is such an easy call its not funny. If you get three bet there, you are toast so much more then you aren't its not funny. By raising you are opening yourself to a three bet way more often then you aren't
I'm not trying to say that we can raise. I'm just saying that if we could see our opponent's hand, we missed a bet. :club:
IT'S NOT FUNNY.

You have to just call the river. A good player won't be capping the turn without at least K9 or KT, and even against a total donk, I'd say we're probably only good about 60% of the time. No way that you can get upset about not getting 6 bets in on the turn and river here.