Cash Games Opposed To Sngs

So i've had this dilemna lately: I simply can't win sngs (and by win, i mean 'cash in')A few scenarios that have occured. AA vs 10 10 all in preflop, spiikes a 10 on the turn. w/e, then i bust out after that, 88 to JJ in the BB.AK diamonds, short stack goes all in, i reraise more than twice his raise, guy right behind me goes all in for a little bit more, i call. 1st all in, k 10, 2nd all in, AJ.J on flop. I have gone through these scenarios in at least the last 20 sngs i've played, w/ an exception for a few, that i actually cashed in.However, the cash games i play in, short handed .25/.50NL and occasionally .50/1NL, i usually come out with a winnings session.My question is does/has anyone gone through these kind of beats? And if you did, did you make a decision to simply stop playing sngs?kind of a venting post, but not really... any input on what others have done in this situation in the past would be greatly appreciated.

stop getting your money in as a favourite. its obviously not working. not sure what this has to do with cash games, but ok.honestly, what can you do? its not like you aren't going to call AA vs 1010 at any point. just accept the swings and keep going. if a couple of bad beats are going to have you quitting sit'n go's, then just stop playing right now. and i mean stop playing any kind of poker.

So i've had this dilemna lately: I simply can't win sngs (and by win, i mean 'cash in')A few scenarios that have occured. AA vs 10 10 all in preflop, spiikes a 10 on the turn. w/e, then i bust out after that, 88 to JJ in the BB.AK diamonds, short stack goes all in, i reraise more than twice his raise, guy right behind me goes all in for a little bit more, i call. 1st all in, k 10, 2nd all in, AJ.J on flop. I have gone through these scenarios in at least the last 20 sngs i've played, w/ an exception for a few, that i actually cashed in.However, the cash games i play in, short handed .25/.50NL and occasionally .50/1NL, i usually come out with a winnings session.My question is does/has anyone gone through these kind of beats? And if you did, did you make a decision to simply stop playing sngs?kind of a venting post, but not really... any input on what others have done in this situation in the past would be greatly appreciated.
Realize that because of variance, the large element of luck needed in playing with big blinds when 4 or 5 handed, and player's unwillingness to go all in without much to risk missing the money, SNGs are only marginally profitable in the long run for very good SNG players. If you can't put yourself in the top four 8 or 9 times out of 10, you will be a losing player at SNGs. I've played close to 2500 SNGs ranging from $5 to $30 and only make an average of about $3 per tournament. It adds up if you play a lot of them, but if you only play them once in a while, there will inevitably be swings. Good SNG players don't care if their are outdrawn by an underpair...it happens. Advice: Concentrate on getting to the final 4 every tournament. You will win some and you will lose some. But if you do that you will probably at least break even.
My question is does/has anyone gone through these kind of beats? And if you did, did you make a decision to simply stop playing sngs?kind of a venting post, but not really... any input on what others have done in this situation in the past would be greatly appreciated.
Nope. You're the only one. So that was you that I put that bad beat on?

Today I played 3 SnG's and bubbled twice and came 5th once... I then played an hour session of 4-tabling 1-2 NL holdem and broke even. In the SnG's, I lost every coinflip and watched an opponent get lucky 3 straight times to stage off elimination and keep me from making the $. Big deal, its poker, Cant win'em all.

I realize now how pointless my post was.I am , imo, a slightly experienced player and i usually don't get myself down when i keep losing as a huge favorite, 70/30, 60/40, 50/50, etc.....I think i just wanted some flames to get my head straight. Hey, I want people to put all their money in against me as a dog, right? So what if they catch, in the long run i'll turn a profit off of 'em. thx for responses and flames, i'm gonna go bubble another sng.-beaverp.s. beaver style is a style that only a beaver has.or something.

-beaverp.s. beaver style is a style that only a beaver has.or something.
That answers my question. Good luck at the tables. Variance is a bitch. :club:
stop getting your money in as a favourite. its obviously not working
Definitely a +EV strategy onlineTournament poker is for sadomasochists
I realize now how pointless my post was.I am , imo, a slightly experienced player and i usually don't get myself down when i keep losing as a huge favorite, 70/30, 60/40, 50/50, etc.....I think i just wanted some flames to get my head straight. Hey, I want people to put all their money in against me as a dog, right? So what if they catch, in the long run i'll turn a profit off of 'em. thx for responses and flames, i'm gonna go bubble another sng.-beaverp.s. beaver style is a style that only a beaver has.or something.
You are not a favourite. No matter how experienced you are!