Advice On How To Play These Situations

HI allOK this situation comes up alot where i have a Big pair, the raiser just flat called my reraise and im heads up, when i get reraised on the turn i always panic, should i raise back? If he caps do i still call the river? How do i play these type of situations?Player was 0.56 on aggression and 34.7 on v$pPokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with Ac, Ah. 4 folds, MP2 raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP2 calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) 2c, 6c, 9d (2 players)MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) 5h (2 players)MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.River: (8.75 BB) 4d (2 players)MP2 bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10.75 BB

played fine.so he's liks 0.56 AF, or does that include preflop in his Aggression stats?How often does he raise pf?How many hands is this over?If his stats weren't donkalicious I might say he's pulling this with KK-JJ sometimes.If he raises any two preflop form there, he may have hit a silly two pair.In any event just calling down works in this case

I usually need more info from either PF or the flop to 3-bet the turn with an overpair.For instance, if villain had capped it PF then I would feel very safe 3-betting this turn. Since he didn't and you have no more info on the flop, it's probably time to just call down.JEff

Hero is only really behind 99 here, unless villain's preflop raise stats include 66, 55 or 22. KK-TT, A9s are all still possible (moreso JJ and TT than KK or QQ, given preflop action). That's a lot of combos hero is ahead of, and only 3 he is behind.With a reasonable PFR number on villain, I think a turn 3-bet is in order. Call down a turn cap, and mumble under your breath about misleading reads. :club:

3 betting the turn on a board like that without a read is not good, if you have a read, then play accordingly. this may be obvious but just to clarify, you are playing 2/4 and i doubt you are able to drop your AA to being raised again, which if you are raised again you are almost def. beat 99.9% of the time, so play it safe without a read, sacrifice that extra bet if you are ahead so that you dont lose 3 more behind...cheers. ryan.

You guys have to be kididng me.Am I not seeing something here?Sure he could have 99. He is just as likely to have KK, QQ, JJ, or TT though. He plays those hands THE SAME WAY. A read on his PFR% would really help here, but come on.This check/raise does not mean top set.When someone opens their wallet and tells you to take what you see, you don't take half.