1/2 - Kq On The Button

The fact that the outs are likely much less clean would probably lead me to just take one off in that spot, and fold unimproved. Do you guys think that's too weak? I suppose the free card play isn't any less valuable, but I don't like that we're far more likely (I think) to lose if we hit our already weak draw.
That is what I would do. No idea on whether it is correct or not.- Zach
so Act,you want to raise for a free card, then when we pick up a draw you want to bet and not take the free card? we're essentially raising for a free shot at our overcards? i dont like that idea, but maybe its just me.
For clarification, we have to fold the turn UI whether we raise flop or not. Thus, we will never "not get a free card". This way we get to see two cards. We can then decide whether or not to see a SD if bet into on a blank riverOur draw + fold equity makes betting that turn more +EV than checking behind
For clarification, we have to fold the turn UI whether we raise flop or not.
we fold the turn UI if we raise the flop and he checks the turn to us?If he has a pair, I think our fold equity is pretty low. and we can't really bet our draw for value HU, even if both our overcards are good. if we raise the flop for a free card, i dont see why we dont take it when we get something to draw to.
we fold the turn UI if we raise the flop and he checks the turn to us?If he has a pair, I think our fold equity is pretty low. and we can't really bet our draw for value HU, even if both our overcards are good. if we raise the flop for a free card, i dont see why we dont take it when we get something to draw to.
Our draw is strong enough, such that we do not need him too fold much at all, maybe 1/10 times here, to make betting correct.If we have read/board that makes us fear a c/r too often, then betting is not as good.

i havent played party 1/2, although i hear its rather rockish. general low limit i dont think he even folds a pair of 4s usually. maybe im wrong. i still dont see how raising the flop for a free card is good here, though.

i havent played party 1/2, although i hear its rather rockish. general low limit i dont think he even folds a pair of 4s usually. maybe im wrong. i still dont see how raising the flop for a free card is good here, though.
Because low limit players are loose passive. They will generally check to the raiser, and if we don't improve, ie, K, Q, J, we can check behind. I think we are too strong on the turn to just check now.- Zach
Because low limit players are loose passive. They will generally check to the raiser, and if we don't improve, ie, K, Q, J, we can check behind.
i know why it worksi dont see why its useful when all we have is overcards or need specifically a J to give us a good draw.
i know why it worksi dont see why its useful when all we have is overcards or need specifically a J to give us a good draw.
I think it's better than calling, and folding the turn, UI. It's probably close though. I err on the side of aggression.
BECAUSE WE HAVE 2 CHANCES TO IMPROVE FOR THE PRICE OF 1 BB INSTEAD OF 1 CHANCE FOR 1 SB.on rare occasion we are checked to on the turn even is we just called, but that just messes with my recommendation, so ignore that.
BECAUSE WE HAVE 2 CHANCES TO IMPROVE FOR THE PRICE OF 1 BB INSTEAD OF 1 CHANCE FOR 1 SB.on rare occasion we are checked to on the turn even is we just called, but that just messes with my recommendation, so ignore that.
Very rarely, and it balances out with the amount of times we are donked into on the turn when we raise anyways, methinks.
BECAUSE WE HAVE 2 CHANCES TO IMPROVE FOR THE PRICE OF 1 BB INSTEAD OF 1 CHANCE FOR 1 SB.
is the pot big enough, though? do you have any math to back up raising for a free card?by your reasoning, we should raise the flop for a free card every time we have the chance to draw to the best hand, because we'd be getting 2 cards for the price of 1i like being a pain in the ass :club: