cash games, tournaments or sit n gos?

Whats your favorite way to play on-line? I like cash games, but I am a much better sit n go player. The lowest I have ever finished was two out of the money.
I highly doubt that 5th place in 10 person sitngos is your worst finish unless you have only played about 10 total.
Whats your favorite way to play on-line? I like cash games, but I am a much better sit n go player. The lowest I have ever finished was two out of the money.
I highly doubt that 5th place in 10 person sitngos is your worst finish unless you have only played about 10 total.
Why would you be surprised? I am a smart player and with everyone and thier mother playing now its easy to pick of the weakest of the herd. And if I don't, someone else does.

Why would you be surprised?Sitngos are short term luck I am a smart player and with everyone and thier mother playing now its easy to pick of the weakest of the herd. And if I don't, someone else does.Because you can't pick your opponents? That could be the main reason. Until I see actual statistics that you have played at least 200 of these and your worst place is 5th it is just not believable.

PL omaha hi/lo tourneys...single and multi on Party. Built up a nice bankroll since I started playing those in September. I was always on a bit of a rollercoaster with tournament NL where I'd get on good runs and then end up dropping right back to where I started. I'm a very tight player so I think omaha hi/lo has fit me well cause it seems like playing the premiere starting hands consistently and aggressively tends to get rewarded in the long run.Justin

I have to say *I* would believe it if you're playing $10 SNGs when you're a profitable online 5/10 player or something. Then it's all about sitting around while everyone else goes all-in.Wait, isn't that what all the cheap SNGs are about?

I lost a lot of money in NL cash games (including $40 of my oringinal $50 bankroll on the following hand: I raise 3x BB from BB, all fold to an original caller from early position, flop J5x, I bet, he calls, turn 5, i bet, am raised, i raise him all in and get called, he flips 57o (!!!!), and he nails the old 1-outer 5 to make quads to my full house)...ahem, sorry, I'm still bitter...SO, now I usually play 1 or 2 table SNGs. I used to play those goofy 5 person ones, till I realized that if I didn't finish in 1st, I wouldn't even double my buyin. They seemed kinda pointless.

I have to say *I* would believe it if you're playing $10 SNGs when you're a profitable online 5/10 player or something. Then it's all about sitting around while everyone else goes all-in.Wait, isn't that what all the cheap SNGs are about?
Excatly. I don't play for big money on-line. Too easy to get carried away. 5/10 and some nice low buy in sit n gos are the way to make your money on-line I find.
Guest XXEddie
Why would you be surprised? I am a smart player and with everyone and thier mother playing now its easy to pick of the weakest of the herd. And if I don't, someone else does.
even if you are a good player, you can never be good enough to defeat luck....even if you havent been knocked out worse than 5th yet(I doubt it) eventually a hand will come where something like you have KK and get raised allin by AA...and dont say you could fold it, also you could have AA get outdrawn luck is always a factor and will rpevent you from always being 5th
Why would you be surprised?Sitngos are short term luck I am a smart player and with everyone and thier mother playing now its easy to pick of the weakest of the herd. And if I don't, someone else does.Because you can't pick your opponents? That could be the main reason. Until I see actual statistics that you have played at least 200 of these and your worst place is 5th it is just not believable.
I agree that is impossible buddy you ever hear of a bad beat!

I guess I have just been lucky. I haven't played the 100 plus games that some people are suggesting. I have probably played around 30 or so. And yes, I have had some bad luck. In the last SnG I played I had someone call me and make a gut shot to beat my aces. Put me down to almost a chip and a chair. I had the final tournament results e-mailed to me.I could post them if you want me too.

I guess I have just been lucky. I haven't played the 100 plus games that some people are suggesting. I have probably played around 30 or so. And yes, I have had some bad luck. In the last SnG I played I had someone call me and make a gut shot to beat my aces. Put me down to almost a chip and a chair. I had the final tournament results e-mailed to me.I could post them if you want me too.
You have only played 30 sitngos and I still don't believe you haven't finished worse than 5th. Post all your results in the 30 that you have played so far and then I would believe you, but until then you're just a poker player who I wouldn't believe if my life depended on it.
Guest XXEddie
one tournament....wow thatll prove youve never finished worse than 5th

My absolute favorite is playing limit holdem at a shorthanded table (6 seats). UB always has active tables of this sort at blinds of 0.5/1 (the stakes I play). It's so much more fun than a full table because you can play many more starting hands and can more easily develop a profile of each opponent because there are fewer of them. I also find that, because I'm playing more hands and hence making more decisions, my skill advantage has a better chance to manifest itself in a given amount of time.Also, players used to a full table sometimes don't loosen up enough pre-flop and wait for premium hands like they would at a full table.