Baseball Trivia

I lied, I wasn't away for a few hours. Okayyyyyyyyyy I'll say Willie Mays again, Barry, andddddddddd shit I dunno........Kirk Gibson.
No to all the guesses. Hellmuth did in fact hit two out of Dodger Stadium, but he;s a super human so he doesn't count.Need hints?
edit: you said you'd never have barry for an answer, so lemme change that toooooooooooooo McGwire
There's one, in 1999.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to all the guesses. Hellmuth did in fact hit two out of Dodger Stadium, but he;s a super human so he doesn't count.Need hints?There's one, in 1999.
Did you see my McGwire guess? I'll also say Gary Sheffield and Mike Piazza..
Piazza is the one that did it twiceEdit: They are all right handers correct?
Nope, Piazza only did it once in 1997. So, Big Mac, Piazza, and one more...And no, he's left handed and the only player to hit it over the right field pavillion.
Nope, Piazza only did it once in 1997. So, Big Mac, Piazza, and one more...And no, he's left handed and the only player to hit it over the right field pavillion.
Not Sheffield I gather. BABE RUTH.jk
Not Sheffield I gather. Probably a lefty............BABE RUTH.jk
Nope, not John Goodman. :-)Ok hint time - 'We are Family'Too easy of a hint, but I'm going on break for a few minutes so I figured someone needd to get it.

Willie StargellIf I'm right somebody else can ask one, or I will in a couple hours. But I'm probably not even thinking of the right team. The NL is like a big unexplored country to me.

Nope, not John Goodman. :-)Ok hint time - 'We are Family'Too easy of a hint, but I'm going on break for a few minutes so I figured someone needd to get it.
willie stargellName the team that holds the record for consectutive wins immediately after the All-star break.Bonus for the year.
willie stargellName the team that holds the record for consectutive wins immediately after the All-star break.Bonus for the year.
Yup; you and the knuckleballer are correct.Hmmm...That's a tough one. Was it semi-recent, or do I need to start thinking about when teams were all east of the Mississippi?
Here's a hint: one of the team's transactions that year involved Curt Schilling.Joe Morgan was on team too.So there's two hints.
Ooo good, intriguing hints. Now I got to try and remember what I know about the end of Joe Morgan's career (I'm probably the only big baseball fan that hates his commentary) and the beginning of Schilling's.Morgan was with the Giants late and he totally f'd over my beloved Dodgers, but Schilling was never part of the Giants org. I don't recall Schilling playing for a team prior to the Phillies and I _think_ Morgan might have played for them at some point, so that would be my best educated guess. Maybe the Phillies acquired Schilling from someone else about then, and Morgan was already on the team? My Curt Schilling knowledge is a bit hazy, but I thought he came up in the Orioles org?If it was the Phillies, was that the year they beat my Dodgers in the NLCS? If so, I hate this question. ;-)

Its slow and you are barely lukewarm.'88 Red Sox.Schilling was traded TO the O's, along with Brady Anderson, for P Mike Boddicker. Joe Morgan was the manager. Just not THE Joe Morgan :Dheh heh I had Jackson trying to meld three decades and 4 teams into one :icon_dance:Schilling was later in another monster of deal. He, Steve Finley, and Pete Harnisch for Glenn Davis (remember him???)

Its slow and you are barely lukewarm.'88 Red Sox.Schilling was traded TO the O's, along with Brady Anderson, for P Mike Boddicker. Joe Morgan was the manager. Just not THE Joe Morgan :Dheh heh I had Jackson trying to meld three decades and 4 teams into one :club:
Damn you. :-)I forgot about that old white guy...I do semi-recall now the Sox running off a big win streak...1988...What a great year. ;-) The last 'great' Dodgers moment.That Sox team played the A's in the ALCS, before the A's got routed by one of the weakest hitting WS winners in baseball history, didn't they?
Damn you. :-)I forgot about that old white guy...I do semi-recall now the Sox running off a big win streak...1988...What a great year. ;-) The last 'great' Dodgers moment.That Sox team played the A's in the ALCS, before the A's got routed by one of the weakest hitting WS winners in baseball history, didn't they?
yes and that sox team was swept. Clemens went postal in the 4th game, had his warpaint face black on and everything.also the year hershiser went lights out for 60 innings and then pwned the playoffs.
yes and that sox team was swept. Clemens went postal in the 4th game, had his warpaint face black on and everything.also the year hershiser went lights out for 60 innings and then pwned the playoffs.
Yup yup...I do remember the Clemens blow up now. Ha.Yeah, Orel was untouchable that year, and the rest of the starters weren't that bad either. Good pitching + good defense + timely hitting = WS. Our line up was pretty awful though besides Gibson who won the MVP. Even his numbers weren't that gaudy in comparison to what people put up now. Ha, Alfredo 'F'n' Griffin hit like .198 and he was our starting shortstop.
Yup yup...I do remember the Clemens blow up now. Ha.Yeah, Orel was untouchable that year, and the rest of the starters weren't that bad either. Good pitching + good defense + timely hitting = WS. Our line up was pretty awful though besides Gibson who won the MVP. Even his numbers weren't that gaudy in comparison to what people put up now. Ha, Alfredo 'F'n' Griffin hit like .198 and he was our starting shortstop.
that was the first year I really paid attention to beisbol. So I remember it well.Mike Davis was a bust until he drew a walk to bring up Gibby in game 1, oriole great Rick Dempsey was the backup C. Mickey Hatcher started to think he was Reggie Jackson, Canseco dented an outfield camera w/ a grand slam, Jay Howell with the pinetar, what a goofy year. To boot, the NL batting title was won with a .310 or something goofy.haha, I still keep orel's biography on the bookshelf next to Narnia so holy rollers will be impressed. I am so going to hell.
that was the first year I really paid attention to beisbol. So I remember it well.Mike Davis was a bust until he drew a walk to bring up Gibby in game 1, oriole great Rick Dempsey was the backup C. Mickey Hatcher started to think he was Reggie Jackson, Canseco dented an outfield camera w/ a grand slam, Jay Howell with the pinetar, what a goofy year. To boot, the NL batting title was won with a .310 or something goofy.haha, I still keep orel's biography on the bookshelf next to Narnia so holy rollers will be impressed. I am so going to hell.
Ha. Classic references.I have Orel's autobiography too...Something like 'Out of the Blue'?Did Greg Jefferies win the batting title that year? I remember he had a really good season...Talk about guys that never filled their potential, he was one of them.Heh, Davis was a bust until he walked vs Eck. Mickey Hatcher had the fastest home run trot in baseball. Canseco's blast looked like it was going to give Oakland game 1 and probably end any hopes we had...TY Gibby. I have the video on my desktop here at work so if I'm in a bad mood I can watch the clip and hear Vin Scully announce it. Ha, same with Finley's grand slam vs SF two years ago.Heh, and the Howell thing was hilarious...Vs the Mets in the NLCS...another team that was wayyyy better then us that year. Honestly, the Red Sox, A's , and Mets were all far superior teams - we just had Orel and Gibby.
have i told you recently that you're my hero?i think you gotta get askin' some questions
Yes you did and I appreciate it.P.S. Homestar Runner is the bomb.The answer to the new question is Manny Ramirez and Roger Maris with 4 each.I'll come up with a question in a minute.
Yes you did and I appreciate it.P.S. Homestar Runner is the bomb.The answer to the new question is Manny Ramirez and Roger Maris with 4 each.I'll come up with a question in a minute.
Good God you know everything. I swear if you are cheating........BTW I was at the Manny game at fenway.......****ing amazing game. Like a week earlier a game I think in the NL went 18 innings......as we're getting to the park I say to my friend, 'Okay Sox in 18 tonight."Six hours later, boom, Shea Hillenbrand hits a walk-off in the 18th. Oh and somewhere in between the Tigers walked Manny intentionally 4 times.
What team holds the record for the fewest triples in a season?
Um, I'll say the Red Sox. That can't be a bad guess. Do you want the year as well?