when to raise kqos

Is there a general guideline here, because I feel that I either call it in bad positions, or dont raise when I should.

Is there a general guideline here, because I feel that I either call it in bad positions, or dont raise when I should.
I have an awful time with it too... Generally i'm strating to consider it a resteal hand or a fold. I assume you mean after a raise, else its a open raise or fold hand. But generally it depends on my opponents ranges of hands. If i feal hes raising with weak hands, even weaker aces i can knock him off, I'll 3 bet, If theres a raise and calls I either fold or call, depending how I feal i'm likelly to fair in that situation. IMO KQo is probably the hardest hand to play after a raise, so even if i'm a little behind, if I decide to play it, i feal its important to raise and take the lead in the hand.
Guest Zach6668

I will basically raise all day long with KQo.Of course, it's an EEEEEEEASY fold if there's a raise in front of me, save for a steal raise from CO, or Button, it's a decent resteal hand.Also, I will usually call from the BB with KQ if there's only been on raise.- Zach

Also, I will usually call from the BB with KQ if there's only been on raise.Why?
why not? KQ is a decent hand especially if you already have some money invested into it. If I am on the BB i am always gonna see a flop with only one bet to me.
Guest Zach6668
Also, I will usually call from the BB with KQ if there's only been on raise.Why?
Even if everyone else folds, I'm getting 3.5-1 on the call... those odds aren't good enough?
Even if everyone else folds, I'm getting 3.5-1 on the call... those odds aren't good enough?
Sklansky says I can, so I do. :-) You have to be real careful about who you are calling against and how much you payoff the better hands.
Sklansky says I can, so I do. :-)
I was surprised on a recent reread of SSHE that Sklansky also advocates cold-calling with AJs and KQs on both tight and loose tables. Anyone else notice that? Anyway, I will almost always call one from the BB with KQo in a multiway pot. In a HU pot, I'm a lot more careful about it.Jeff
Anyway, I will almost always call one from the BB with KQo in a multiway pot.
Same here - and I'm not usually looking to flop a pair; I usually want to flop an open ended draw, two pair (with no other connecting straight card, like KQ2), or the nut straight and look to check-raise with it.I think the main mistake people make with KQ in a raised pot is when they hit their pair they think it's golden. Unless your playing against a maniac*, that's usually not the case.*And against these types of players, I'm definitely jamming preflop with it.