I'm a great poker player when the blinds are not uber high. I get deep in alot of poker tournies, but in the end I lose! A recent hand went like this.12 left out of 115. blinds are 250/500 50 ante, I"m button with Kh 9h. My stack is around 8000, I rasie to 1500 after it's folded to me. SB folds BB moves in, he has me covered by 1000. He's been pushing a lot lately and I decide that's his strategy. I call and he shows J 4 off suit. I said I would not post no more bad beats, so I won't. Did I play the hand correctly? When you get deep in online tournaments, does it basically come down who is going to get lucky and not who is going to outplay who?

I'm a great poker player when the blinds are not uber high.  I get deep in alot of poker tournies, but in the end I lose!  A recent hand went like this.12 left out of 115.  blinds are 250/500 50 ante, I"m button with Kh 9h.  My stack is around 8000, I rasie to 1500 after it's folded to me.  SB folds BB moves in, he has me covered by 1000.  He's been pushing a lot lately and I decide that's his strategy.  I call and he shows J 4 off suit.  I said I would not post no more bad beats, so I won't.  Did I play the hand correctly?  When you get deep in online tournaments, does it basically come down who is going to get lucky and not who is going to outplay who?
Good read, good call, bad play.I love the raise, but calling off your money with k9 is -ev.You are either dominated or 60/40 favorite.Even if he has a pair 77's you are flipping coins.You invested 1500 and you still have 6500 in chips, that is still 13 big blinds! Lots of poker to be played still. Push all in with k9 but don't call off your money there.You are so dominated usually, k9 beats only a k8 even if he has kj you are drawing very thin.
I'm a great poker player when the blinds are not uber high.  I get deep in alot of poker tournies, but in the end I lose!  A recent hand went like this.12 left out of 115.  blinds are 250/500 50 ante, I"m button with Kh 9h.  My stack is around 8000, I rasie to 1500 after it's folded to me.  SB folds BB moves in, he has me covered by 1000.  He's been pushing a lot lately and I decide that's his strategy.  I call and he shows J 4 off suit.  I said I would not post no more bad beats, so I won't.  Did I play the hand correctly?  When you get deep in online tournaments, does it basically come down who is going to get lucky and not who is going to outplay who?
Good read, good call, bad play.I love the raise, but calling off your money with k9 is -ev.You are either dominated or 60/40 favorite.Even if he has a pair 77's you are flipping coins.You invested 1500 and you still have 6500 in chips, that is still 13 big blinds! Lots of poker to be played still. Push all in with k9 but don't call off your money there.You are so dominated usually, k9 beats only a k8 even if he has kj you are drawing very thin.
Do not listen to abovewith an M =6.4 you have K -high, I really think you should have just pushed all in here. With the blinds this high I don't think you should do anything but pushIf you don't know what M is read HOH it is great

If it is a good read and good call how can it be a bad play? Your reasoning is logical, but in that spot I was willing to gamble for the chip lead, even if I thought I was a small favorite or a slight underdog vs 77 or AQ. But again my read was the guy would push with any two random cards and I was right. Although I lost the pot, I feel it was the correct play considering the situation, I just got unlucky. That's Poker.

If it is a good read and good call how can it be a bad play?  Your reasoning is logical, but in that spot I was willing to gamble for the chip lead, even if I thought I was a small favorite or a slight underdog vs 77 or AQ.  But again my read was the guy would push with any two random cards and I was right.  Although I lost the pot, I feel it was the correct play considering the situation, I just got unlucky.  That's Poker.
Good read-yes Good call-yes BUT, I'd say a majority of the time you were a dog calling off all your money there. You were very lucky your cards were live. I'd rather have 56 than king rag, you are so easily dominated. That is why I say it's a bad play.If you were willing to go broke on that hand in the first place, you should've moved all in preflop. Obviously your goal was to steal the blinds anyways. But if you go in for a raise be prepared to lay it down if you get played back at.If you invested 40% of your stack, that would be a different story. Just like you said, you were "willing to gamble" for the chip lead even though majority of the time you'd be behind. (you were ahead this time but I still think it's bad call) Remember that your tournament life is on the line here, you lose you're out. Everyone has different styles, I just like to gamble when I'm ahead when all the money is in.