I had been limping and raising EP with a wide range of holdings, i noticed the table was tightening up when i was in pots i had just limped AA 1 hand before. 5/10 HE Hero is UTG with 7c6cHero calls, folded to CO, CO raises, SB calls, BB folds, Hero callsJh9s7sHero checks, CO bets, SB folds, Hero raises, CO calls4dHero bets, CO calls4h Hero ....

This is an awful call preflop, i don't care what background you have at the table or what your image is, it's awful.

I disagree with the replies on the pre flop play, limping is not bad imoI agree with the replies that the flop play is horrible, check raising with 3rd pair os not good. Whena re you going to feel comfortable betting the turn? only when another 7 hits. check fold, or bet fold the flop

I had been limping and raising EP with a wide range of holdings
Thats your first mistake. Its simply not necesary and unprofitable. If your playing EP raise, always. If you don't have a hand your comfortable raising with, well don't play it. If the table is being overly cautious of your UTG raises, then maybe, toss in a raise with a hand like this. Thats a very special situation and not very likelly.That said if you decide to play this for whatever reason, leading the flop isn't a bad choice. CR'ing vs a an automatic bet isn't a bad play. If the sb calls his raise here though you must fold. Betting the turn is automatic after the CR. The river really is a good one for you as most of the hands he'd cahse with missed. KQ is very possible here, as well as any spade draw, or even and AK/AQ. AJ is the hand your mainly concerned with and its really less likelly then you'd think if hes a decent player. I check call this river everytime but i typically play against more agressive opponents who will bet an ace high everytime here as well as a lot of mished flush draws.
Guest Zach6668
Thats your first mistake. Its simply not necesary and unprofitable. If your playing EP raise, always. If you don't have a hand your comfortable raising with, well don't play it. If the table is being overly cautious of your UTG raises, then maybe, toss in a raise with a hand like this. Thats a very special situation and not very likelly.
I agree with this. It's simply not necessary at a lower limits. 5/10 may be where metagame stuff like this begins to come into play, but my guess is most of the table still doesn't notice it, and the ones who do will make money from you by 3-betting you, after seeing you show down 76s that you raised from EP.The one thing I disagree with is that you don't always have to raise from EP. There are definitely some hands that can be profitable by just limping. QJs comes to mind, 77, etc.- Zach
Thats your first mistake. Its simply not necesary and unprofitable. If your playing EP raise, always. If you don't have a hand your comfortable raising with, well don't play it. If the table is being overly cautious of your UTG raises, then maybe, toss in a raise with a hand like this. Thats a very special situation and not very likelly.
I agree with this. It's simply not necessary at a lower limits. 5/10 may be where metagame stuff like this begins to come into play, but my guess is most of the table still doesn't notice it, and the ones who do will make money from you by 3-betting you, after seeing you show down 76s that you raised from EP.The one thing I disagree with is that you don't always have to raise from EP. There are definitely some hands that can be profitable by just limping. QJs comes to mind, 77, etc.- Zach
I wouldn't do this in a 5/10 game. Normally when I make a play like this a few very special things are going on. I'm running incredably awesome and getting great cards and hitting flops firstly. This has little to do with me playing the hand for reason of hoping to get lucky, its just ushually what has to happen for folks to start hardcore respecting your EP raises. Also If i do this and show down a 76s, I'm doign it so people will 3 bet me later. Under no circumstances would I attempt something like this twice within any reasonable time period at the same table. You do this so people will loosen up and respect you less because your planning on playing tight, you dont' want to project a loose image then proceed to be loose. Your points certainly taken that QJs, 77 could be profitable in certain loose games limping from EP. IMO those games are less rare then people pretend. For example with 77 you should have to anticpate around 5 limps for it to be profitable, and thats actually cut a bit due to the likelly hood of a raise. On a side note if I pulled this i'd play it extremely agressively and try to show it down, and ever bluff bet the river possibly if i'm fairly sure i'm getting called. If your gonna pull a image play here make it count and don't half ass it.

I don't see how the river can be anything but c/c. From a metagame concept, you want the table to see your weak starting cards (make sure you unclick "muck losing hand"!). You will get called or raised by most hands that beat you (AJ, A9, high PP's). Hands that you beat will probably fold to a bet, when you'd prefer to induce a bluff from AK-AQ, AT, or a busted flush draw. The only hand that might fold to a river bet that beats you is 88.