st. louis blues

Man they have been playing pretty decent of late. Funny how the young guys have rallied even with the fire sale going on. They have a pretty good emerging offensive D man in Dennis Wideman, who had 2 goals tonight vs calgary. I know hes not quite Dion Phaneuf, but hes having a pretty respectable season despite the fact he didnt get called up till 20 games into the season. I'm a bit of a homer here because hes an ex-knight, but I bet the blues are pretty excited about him for the future.

Yea the young guys from the minors come up and play their hearts out to avoid having to ride those buses. Stempniak has been doing very well. I heard the Blues organization was on a pace to lose $90 million this year or something like that.

As twisted as it sounds, it's probably bad news that the Blues are winning now. Obviously there's no guarantee for the first overall pick, but if they make it out of the bottom 1/3rd of the league (don't laugh, it IS possible) they will probably miss out on a chance to get Phil Kessel.

As twisted as it sounds, it's probably bad news that the Blues are winning now.  Obviously there's no guarantee for the first overall pick, but if they make it out of the bottom 1/3rd of the league (don't laugh, it IS possible) they will probably miss out on a chance to get Phil Kessel.
The last place team is not guaranteed to pick first; and Phil Kessel is no longer the concensus #1 pick.
So the "on pace to lose 90 mil this year or something like that" statement was kinda off the wall...
Yea they've lost tens of millions the past few seasons but the cap and 24% roll back should help them. Well they are expected to have an operating losses of $91 million so I had some of the right words in there. :club:
As twisted as it sounds, it's probably bad news that the Blues are winning now. Obviously there's no guarantee for the first overall pick, but if they make it out of the bottom 1/3rd of the league (don't laugh, it IS possible) they will probably miss out on a chance to get Phil Kessel.
The last place team is not guaranteed to pick first; and Phil Kessel is no longer the concensus #1 pick.
Hence the "obviously there's no guarantee" comment.I wasn't aware that there was anyone better than Kessel. Who's challenging?
Hence the "obviously there's no guarantee" comment.I wasn't aware that there was anyone better than Kessel. Who's challenging?
Johnson and Towes.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?s...hreaded&order=0
  • 2 weeks later...

It has definitely been a horrible year for us Blues fans, but I am very happy with what I am seeing out of all the young guys on the team. If we can unload Tkachuk's underachieving and injury-prone butt then I would be even happier.

It has definitely been a horrible year for us Blues fans, but I am very happy with what I am seeing out of all the young guys on the team. If we can unload Tkachuk's underachieving and injury-prone butt then I would be even happier.
Do you think Sanford is the real deal?
Do you think Sanford is the real deal?
I do. I have yet to see him have a bad night or cost the Blues a game this season. He has done nothing but keep them in games.It's pretty awesome that Lalime conveniently self-destructed to allow Sandy to step up. I am pretty sure Sandy will be back next year as the No. 1 unless he gets hurt. Obviously we all know the history with Blues goaltending, though.(I might be a bit biased because I just bought one of his game-worn jerseys)
That kid Stempniak is looking like a little phenom all of a sudden, he came straight outta nowhere.
The Blues are doing amazing things right now. I've been able to watch most of the games this season, and McClement has impressed me even more than Stempniak. Hockeysfuture.com is not far off in saying that he could possibly contribute on a scoring line someday.I think StL will suck for 2-3 more seasons before they get back into contention. If they had played this way the whole season, they might actually have a playoff spot... but I don't think any team could continue to work so hard for a whole season. They're freaking 7-2-2 in their last 11 and they played Dallas, Detroit, Calgary (twice) and Vancouver (twice) in that span. Mike Kitchen for coach of the year.
  • 3 weeks later...
They should relocate to Mississippi if only to have the coolest name in all of sports.Mississippi Blues
That's even worse than the Utah Blues (where they don't allow music). The Blues are my local team and if they move I would have to root for the...gulp...Blackhawks.
That's even worse than the Utah Blues (where they don't allow music). The Blues are my local team and if they move I would have to root for the...gulp...Blackhawks.
I hope they never move. Become a Blackhawks fan? NEVER! Besides, the "local" team would then be the Preds. :club: