fcp superbowl blog - a weekend with amazing people

I just wanted to share my feeling on the weekend and to once again personally thank Daniel so much for one incredible, unexpectedly amazing few days.My only hope was to meet and buy some drinks for a few FCP folks, and maybe get to say brief hello Daniel to thank him personally for all he does for us here, nothing more. Just some geniune freindship and conversation with like minded FCp'rs. But what I ended up getting was an even stonger appreciation at just how genuine and rare an individual Daniel is. The guy is totally the real deal folks, just an incredible, amazing person with a ginormous heart.If anyone ever writes on this site again that he is a phony, or a loser or has lost it, or whatever, you have no clue. He is as solid a guy as I've ever met.I was raised never to impose or overstay a welcome and I had serious doubts about even saying hello to everyone. I honestly almost bailed that first day I felt like such a jerk. I knew the trip was all about the FCP winners and I was very sensitive to that. I didn't want anyone to think I was really wanting something more. I did not.Prior to flying up there I missed communicating with Ozium, Dave and Brett, so I printed out picture of my avatar (to put a face to a name) in case I ran into them. I was in a cash game at the other end of the room and at one point finally decided to introduce myself to Patty during their break to tell her how much I appreciated the fantastic job she was doing with the tournement updates. She said I should say hi to Daniel but I just felt too weird. I then noticed Ozium and called him over to introduce my self (I had previous p/m's with him, Brett and Dave prior to flying in and they were the ones I planned on saying hello to and sharing a drink with actually). But I think Patty told Daniel I was railing the freeroll and a few minutes later he decided to embarrass the heck outta me by asking half the room "Does anyone know that jerk nutzbuster? anyone???". That was awesome ans also helped break the ice so to speak because as soon as he said that, Dave and Brett also perked up and realized I had made it in after all. They all seemed not to mind I was railing and I felt a huge weight lift.After saying hello to most from the rail and cheering on Oze, I mentioned to Daniel that I would be at Pure that night and he said it would it be o.k. to stop by and say hello to everyone. I was thrilled. and did eventually later that night spend some time with the crew. The club is amazing!The next day while I was playing in a cash game I said hello to Patty and the guys and Daniel generously invited me up to sit in and watch the game with them. Wow. What an unexpected shock. It was just a blast. I had a couple Pepsi's and some water but decided not to eat out of respect. The party was amazing and everyone had a great time. Daniel did forget to mention that I cracked his A-K when I slow played my bullets in the cash game. Thanks Daniel. That is a story I will now have forever. He called me a donk too. Awesome!I also want to thank Patty for being so kind and gracious. She is a gem and I think Daniel is very lucky to have found her. She is wonderful and it was great meeting her.I also want to give a shout out to Dave (crocd99) and his buddy Mike (Payton), Brett (ihave anicepair) Glen (???) who took all our money and called me "the stalker" all weekend :-) , Oziumrules, Scott bird and his lovely wife, Tamor, Adam, Chris, Jeff and Brandon. Not sure of the others names so sorry but it was a genuine pleasure meeting all of you. To Dave, my wife and I will be at Mandalay Bay The first weekend in April and I do want to check in on Mike and see how he is doing. If he needs anything please get hold of me and I will try to help out if I can. we'll talk more soon. And congrats on that 4K quad fives bro!And once again in closing a huge, huge thanks to Daniel. You are the full on shizzle bro. Your mother has to be beaming with pride. I'll be up there for the world series this year so get ready to dodge more of my bullets baby! It was truly a pleasure and an honor to meet you sir.

Hey Oz! Same here bro. Anytime you get out here just let me know dude. Would love to get in a round.
Great post. I am happy for you guys. DN must be one of a kind to do all this for his fans.

Hi nutzbuster!Thank you for all of your kind words. :oops: Very sweet of you. I think all of you guys were great and I had loads of fun! I wanted to thank you all for letting a girl hang out with you guys! :wink: