Quick question...has anyone ever been to a funeral where the deceased is said to be going to hell??Seems to me that everyone seems to be at the "right hand of God" and with their previously deceased relatives regardless of their personal beliefs or lifestyles...no??Seems funny, to me, that there are so many sinners out there and we get told that none of them are going to hell!!...did Jeffrey Dahmer get a proper funeral??...did whomever presided over it just tell everyone "don't even bother people...he's going to hell anyway"??Food for thought, or not!! :club:

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this order could not have come from chaos.Actually you have no censored idea at all. You don't have the mental wherewithall to deal with the fact that you just don't know how the universe was created, or if it was created, or whatever so you've instead decided to accept some pathetic explination, any explination at all, so that you don't have to deal with your utter impotence and insigifigance in teh grand scheme of the universe. Realizing that your life and, in fact, life in general itelf is a miniscule trivial grain of sand in the vast desert of space/time can be hard, particularly when you're mush brained to start with and have lived alife of blindly accepting other people's explinations without question and following the other sheep right up to and over the edge of the cliff. Congratulations on deriving your philosophy of life from what someone else made up to better exploit you for their own benefit.You are of course, entitled to your oppinion, naturally. Let's all try and get along now.good luck.
You don't have to much common sense to see that my statement is true, and the logic behind it is sound. You can dodge that part all you want with your angry rhetoric, but but you only come out looking like a fool. Stick to poker and getting old ladies wet.
All of this order could not have come from chaos.Actually you have no censored idea at all. You don't have the mental wherewithall to deal with the fact that you just don't know how the universe was created, or if it was created, or whatever so you've instead decided to accept some pathetic explination, any explination at all, so that you don't have to deal with your utter impotence and insigifigance in teh grand scheme of the universe. Realizing that your life and, in fact, life in general itelf is a miniscule trivial grain of sand in the vast desert of space/time can be hard, particularly when you're mush brained to start with and have lived alife of blindly accepting other people's explinations without question and following the other sheep right up to and over the edge of the cliff. Congratulations on deriving your philosophy of life from what someone else made up to better exploit you for their own benefit.You are of course, entitled to your oppinion, naturally. Let's all try and get along now.good luck.
You don't have to much common sense to see that my statement is true, and the logic behind it is sound. You can dodge that part all you want with your angry rhetoric, but but you only come out looking like a fool. Stick to poker and getting old ladies wet.
And, furthermore to believe the way I do I am forced to deal with the fact that I am a very small piece of the plan, insignificant if you will. You know what makes you so mad? It's not that you don't see, because you wish you could- it's that you can't see. That is sad, but I don't think I feel like crying for you today, quite possibly the worst of all the people on this site who just spout crap with no real backing.
Dyslexic too :club:
*****************************Canadian, there Einstein, look it up...we exist :D !!If you've been around a bit I had a thread on this very subject and am now spelling centre like a "typical" canadian...or, at least, like DN :wink: !!

centre cen·tre noun, transitive and intransitive verb (plural cen·tres) (past and past participle cen·tred, present participle cen·tring, 3rd person present singular cen·tres) Definitions: Canadian, U.K. spelling of center

*****************************Canadian, there Einstein, look it up...we exist :D !!If you've been around a bit I had a thread on this very subject and am now spelling centre like a "typical" canadian...or, at least, like DN :wink: !!
sorry, my lack of faith prevents me from believing in canadians.giant anal sex rabbits? yescanadians and jebus? no
sorry, my lack of faith prevents me from believing in canadians.giant anal sex rabbits? yescanadians and jebus? no
Apparently canadians have no sense of humor either.Must've missed the :D:lol::D that I put after the comment.Cute the way he worked so hard to prove that i'm an idiot though.

Einstein famously said, "God doesn't throw dice."This statement has been the subject of a multitude of scholastic research papers and is the fuel for many debates on the science versus religious theme.Einstein lies....I saw God throwing dice at the Craps table the night TJ, Forrest, Beal and Hellmuth went bust at Gus's wake.

from what i understand, atheism = belief that there is no god, agnosticism = admitting that you don't know what's out there, there may be a god and there may not be.
Nah.a in greek means not, so atheism is just not-theism. I don't necessarily have to say "I believe that god doesn't exist" in order to be atheist; I just have to not say "I believe in god." Most agnostics are actually atheist but they go a step further and also believe that no one will ever know whether or not god exists.People who say "I believe god doesn't exist" are hard/strong atheists and are the minority of atheists. Soft/weak atheists like me say god might exist, but at the moment there isn't enough proof to believe in him.
 from what i understand, atheism = belief that there is no god, agnosticism = admitting that you don't know what's out there, there may be a god and there may not be.
Nah.a in greek means not, so atheism is just not-theism. I don't necessarily have to say "I believe that god doesn't exist" in order to be atheist; I just have to not say "I believe in god." Most agnostics are actually atheist but they go a step further and also believe that no one will ever know whether or not god exists.People who say "I believe god doesn't exist" are hard/strong atheists and are the minority of atheists. Soft/weak atheists like me say god might exist, but at the moment there isn't enough proof to believe in him.
Wouldn't most athiests be agnostics then according to this definition? If the difference is a belief that nobody will figure it out. I mean, I don't believe there is an all knowing being out there. I also don't see how anyone will ever figure it out. I don't know what started the universe, but I don't think it was a concsious being. So what am I? lol. I'll go with Agnostic, because people don't have as much negative connotation towards it. :club:
Show me a full skeleton of a Canadian and I will believe, until then, I refuse.
Wouldn't most athiests be agnostics then according to this definition? If the difference is a belief that nobody will figure it out. I mean, I don't believe there is an all knowing being out there. I also don't see how anyone will ever figure it out. I don't know what started the universe, but I don't think it was a concsious being. So what am I? lol. I'll go with Agnostic, because people don't have as much negative connotation towards it. :club:
Not really.Soft/weak atheist = at the moment, there isn't enough evidence to believe in god. When there is evidence for god, then I'll believe.Agnostics take this even further by saying that there will never be evidence either way. So if I were an agnostic soft atheist, I would believe that there isn't and never will be evidence for or against god.But yeah, for whatever reason most people think that atheism = there isn't god, and agnosticism = I dunno.
Kurt, I look at creation from this angle, and it is the complete opposite of what someone said earlier. All of this order could not have come from chaos. I don't know of one thing that has been built that just appeared as a result of an explosion, or of things colliding- it doesn't work like that. Intelligent design, in my mind, is the only option.
Where'd god come from?
Apparently canadians have no sense of humor either.Must've missed the :club::lol::D that I put after the comment.Cute the way he worked so hard to prove that i'm an idiot though.
*************************************OK...so if I have no sense of ha-ha because I "missed" your smilies...what does that say about you?? :D ...I had a "toung sticky-outey guy" AND a "winkey guy"!!...that meant I was just joking too...although I AM starting to wonder about you :? :D !
Kurt, I look at creation from this angle, and it is the complete opposite of what someone said earlier. All of this order could not have come from chaos. I don't know of one thing that has been built that just appeared as a result of an explosion, or of things colliding- it doesn't work like that. Intelligent design, in my mind, is the only option.
Where'd god come from?
Great question and to be honest I have no clue. We know that God existed before time but that is all we have. We do not get much of a picture of God the Father at all. But then again the bible says the only way we will know the Father is through the Son. So I would assume that in Heaven the questions will be answered
Where'd god come from?
Great question and to be honest I have no clue. We know that God existed before time but that is all we have. We do not get much of a picture of God the Father at all. But then again the bible says the only way we will know the Father is through the Son. So I would assume that in Heaven the questions will be answered
Oh do you?
Lois I am still waiting for that verse that says baptism is a necessary part of salvation? That or give me the 500 i am owed.
Like I said before Lois, just provide a single verse. Acts 2 is close but it wont help ur cause...U can check acts 10 but that will further u from ur cause unless of course there is a contradiction as those 2 chapters would conflict...The thing is you must know that I know something about Acts 2 in order to tell u about it. So please provide a verse or $500
Where'd god come from?
Careful who you are talking about there, killer. Some of us folk don't KNOW that at all.
Where'd god come from?
Careful who you are talking about there, killer. Some of us folk don't KNOW that at all.
when i was referring to "we" i was referrin to christians. we are still waitin on tthe rest of yall to catch up :club:
And matt... you're doing it again. None of that proved anything. Seriously, just find another thread.
kurt...wasnt tryin to prove anything to u...was merely answerin the questions for lois so that i could win $500 bucks. If you dont liek this religious talk theres a few other threads in general you could look at
Did you read the first part of what I said?It makes no difference if it was me you were trying to prove it to, becasue all the drivel you just posted didn't prove anything. I would love to see you find someone who thinks that it does.
Ill respond to this for a moment. Kurt the reason it doesnt make sense to u is very easy. First you do not know of doctrinal knowledge so thats the most obvious thing. And second you dont know what my answers were to, do you? The real question Lois was askin and that he has been stuck on is that it is his belief that baptism is a must if u want to receive salvation. So if you go back and read my passages you will find that all 4 passages dealt with salvation but all 4 say that it is by faith that we are saved and nowhere does it mention baptism. That is the point i was attempt to show Lois and Lois knows that. You jumped in to a conversation in the middle so of course u wont know whats going on. Like i said. I offered to let Lois off the hook for the $500 he owes me if he can provide a single verse where we see that baptism is a necessity for salvation. So far he has skipped over my posts Im assuming b/c he does not have an answer which means I am owed $500