Whats the deal?

I've been playing hold em for a while now both live and on the internet, lately I've noticed a large # of people mainly online that have blown up at other players when they have large starting hands that either get outplayed or they just plain overplay AK or AQ etc.Playing a NL tourney online I had 78 off, but it was early in the event and I had late/middle position so I limped,BB raise 2x the blindFlop was 7 8 Q rainbowBB opens for 15 3x the blind2 call and then I calledturn comes a 4 Again BB goes 2/3rds the pot size1 call 1 fold and I raise double his bet.BB callsriver is a 2 leaving no straight or flush BB goes all in and has me coveredother player foldsso I think he's got a Q maybe Q8 somethingBut hes played pretty tight so far so I call thinking he's got just top pair.He flips AK suited I took the pot w/2 pair and crippled his stack. After he gets knocked out starts ranting about how I played the hand and that it was the dumbest play and blah blah blah.I just don't get it someone over plays a had that pre-flop was good but post-flop was a turd and I'm the idiot. and this isn't the first time I've seen this happen, to me or other players online.I dunno just wanted to vent I guess..any thoughts.

People always want to make excuses when they lose. The truth is that good players accept the responsibility that it is THEIR duty to sense when they should cease bluffing or that they are beaten. People complain all the time when they raise AQ or AK and a weaker hand calls and outplays them. Sorry no excuse, as good players, people have to realize it's on them not to lose their stack. You can't blame other people every single time you lose claiming they made a terrible call. Why can't they just make a GREAT fold. It's stupid man, just ignore it. These people want to play ABC poker and never have people play back at them. Let them wallow in their own shortcomings and one day they will realize they have to be more open minded about poker to become a winning player.

I agree with you, but I probably would have reraised the flop in that situation, because it protects your hand, and it prevents it from being counterfeited. Plus, you don't have the top 2 pair, so I would definitely play it agressively.

I don't know why they get so bent out of shape. I do know that I am glad they do. People who lose their whole stack, or most of it with one pair is a common mistake

I don't know why they get so bent out of shape. I do know that I am glad they do. People who lose their whole stack, or most of it with one pair is a common mistake
A quote that I try to remember when playing a big pot in a tourney or live cash game. Phil Gordon says something like this in his book "The little Green Book""Good players dont go broke on only 1 pair" -- Phil GordonIts can be easy to overplay TPTK or something similar and go broke. There are times when it seems like people (myself included) have blinders on when they flop KJ9 when holding AK. Its easy for them to think I have the best hand with TPTK and just bet or call it all the way down to the end. I see this a lot in loose cash games especially.

The guy is clearly a donkey himself. He played the hand horribly he couldn't even beat a pair of deuces and he is just mad cause he lost. On the other hand you didn't play the hand that well either preflop limp is questionable. Probably should have raised the flop to protect your hand should have raised much more on the turn. Call on the river was right.