stt tough hand need advice

This was a tough hand for me, I just want some input on a $10+1 STT on Pstars 9 handed 1 person has already been knocked outPokerStars Game #3735879238: Tournament #18552112, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/01/23 - 21:50:20 (ET)Table '18552112 1' Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: McBeerski (1480 in chips) Seat 2: JAKESTAKE (2570 in chips) Seat 3: ThinkDustin (1450 in chips) Seat 4: theuntimate (2080 in chips) Seat 5: Specopsus911 (1580 in chips) Seat 6: JOHNNYG3 (1350 in chips) Seat 8: ALE81 (1510 in chips) Seat 9: tonysaba (1480 in chips) ALE81: posts small blind 10tonysaba: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to ThinkDustin [8d 8s]McBeerski: folds JAKESTAKE: calls 20ThinkDustin: calls 20theuntimate: calls 20Specopsus911: folds JOHNNYG3: calls 20ALE81: calls 10tonysaba: checks *** FLOP *** [6d 3h 2h]ALE81: checks tonysaba: checks JAKESTAKE: checks ThinkDustin: bets 90theuntimate: folds JOHNNYG3: calls 90ALE81: folds tonysaba: folds JAKESTAKE: folds *** TURN *** [6d 3h 2h] [5d]ThinkDustin: bets 100JOHNNYG3: calls 100*** RIVER *** [6d 3h 2h 5d] [Ks]ThinkDustin: checks JOHNNYG3: bets 1140 and is all-inThe check was simply because hed probably call me with a better hand and fold a worse one.what do u do here?????NEED INPUT!!!

Once you limp with them preflop you are pretty much committed to set or fold on the flop. (I use a random strategy for limping and raising with middle pairs from MP)That flop is tempting to bet, but there are flush and straight draws possible and the implied odds might look good, especially at the $10 level, where a lot of players are going to hang on with overcards. You either have to commit to the hand and bet big on the flop (and with the stacks that probably means push), or check it and see who does what to whom.I probably would take the safer route if I had limped pre-flop and that many players saw this flop.

If he actually has a good hand, why does he go all-in here? Smells like a busted flush draw to me. I like the way the hand was played and I would probably call the all-in on the end just because it is such a strange play and seems so much like a busted flush.

I don't like the turn bet - if he has any type of draw, he's going to call. You either pot the turn (300) or let the hand go. If he calls your pot bet on the turn, I probably check the river and allow him to take the pot if he bets big on the river.

I agree with previously said comments, I do not like the play on the turn. 100 is simply too small of a bet at that point. With your hand, you need to make a much larger bet on the turn (I would say a min. of 250) if you want to pick this pot up. Personally, I would probably check here and would call a reasonable bet (most likely would drop it to a big turn bet). On the river, I would toss it when he goes all-in, very easily.

Flop bet is 90 into a pot of 120 - good bet (1/2 to 3/4 of pot is good).Turn bet blows though. 100 into a pot of 300 is to small. Continue with 1/2 to 3/4 of pot.River is an easy fold. The way you played it, you have very little committed to the pot, you could very easily have been beaten on the turn, and the river king only makes it that much easier to fold. 8)