movie quote game

I'll even leave in the names since it's an old movie...Vivian: Speaking of horses, I like to play them myself. But I like to see them workout a little first, see if they're front runners or comefrom behind, find out what their whole card is, what makes them run. Marlowe: Find out mine? Vivian: I think so. Marlowe: Go ahead. Vivian: I'd say you don't like to be rated. You like to get out in front, open up a little lead, take a little breather in the backstretch, and then come home free. Marlowe: You don't like to be rated yourself. Vivian: I haven't met anyone yet that can do it. Any suggestions? Marlowe: Well, I can't tell till I've seen you over a distance of ground. You've got a touch of class, but I don't know how, how far you can go. Vivian: A lot depends on who's in the saddle.
well i know it is a bogie movie is it maltese falcon or was that sam spade?big sleep or is that sam spade too :-)
Falcon is Sam Spade; Big Sleep is Philip Marlowe.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is hard so i will tell you the character is played by a young kevin dylan who upon seeing elvis in paradise hawaiian style saysJesus, what'd they do to Elvis? Cut his balls off, or something?

too obscure it was a movie called heaven help ushow aboutYou the man. No you the man. You the man. No you the man. No. I'm just a struggling black man trying to keep my dick hard in a cruel and harsh world

this is hard so i will tell you the character is played by a young kevin dylan who upon seeing elvis in paradise hawaiian style saysJesus, what'd they do to Elvis? Cut his balls off, or something?
Heaven Help Us. (kind of cheating since I happened to just watch this for the first time last weekend)
No reason. I just like doing things like that.
too obscure it was a movie called heaven help ushow aboutYou the man. No you the man. You the man. No you the man. No. I'm just a struggling black man trying to keep my dick hard in a cruel and harsh world
boogie nights?

Might be too hard with just thatlittle line. Heres more:

Why'd you do it? Why'd you waste Cyrus?No reason. I just like doing things like that.
thats from the warriorsmy earlier quote isn't boogie nightsdon cheadle was the only black guy in that and his character was whiter that marky marks
Warriors is correct.For yours I'm thinking Mookie? Do the Right Thing???

Ok I looked it up. It wasn't Mookie but it was Do the Right thing. So I'm going again :club:

OK, a limosine that can fly. Now I have seen everything.Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?No.So then, you haven't seen everything.
Ok I looked it up. It wasn't Mookie but it was Do the Right thing. So I'm going again :club:
OK, a limosine that can fly. Now I have seen everything.Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?No.So then, you haven't seen everything.
Team America.Probably my least favorite movie I've seen in a long, long time. This line made me chuckle, but most of the other stuff I just found really, really stupid.
Team America.Probably my least favorite movie I've seen in a long, long time. This line made me chuckle, but most of the other stuff I just found really, really stupid.
Good job. I really thought it was brilliant satire. Some of it is way over the top but there is some amazingly funny stuff in that movie.
Good job. I really thought it was brilliant satire. Some of it is way over the top but there is some amazingly funny stuff in that movie.
Satire of action movies was good, political satire didn't do anything for me. Here's part of a review of it that I happen to agree with."To satirize something, it really does help to know that something inside- out. But "Team America" is neither inspired by nor operating from any kind of insight. Rather it seems based on a cultivated, self-satisfied ignorance, a reflexive mockery that comforts itself by seeing everything as one big joke. It neither talks truth to power nor pierces the pretensions of people who think they do. Rather, it mumbles nonsense, like a pothead giggling over a news broadcast."

"Recent research has shown that empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited and as a corollary the market for technologies is shrinking. As a world leader, it's important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe strongly there will always be a need for us to have a well articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you."

"Recent research has shown that empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited and as a corollary the market for technologies is shrinking. As a world leader, it's important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe strongly there will always be a need for us to have a well articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you."
Old School(too easy drill sergeant! TOO EASY!)

"It smells like moldy ass is what it smells like in here!""Wait a minute, come to think of it, I did leave some ass in the back." "You did!""I did, about a week a ago. I did, it's the ass! It must be the ass!"

Satire of action movies was good, political satire didn't do anything for me. Here's part of a review of it that I happen to agree with."To satirize something, it really does help to know that something inside- out. But "Team America" is neither inspired by nor operating from any kind of insight. Rather it seems based on a cultivated, self-satisfied ignorance, a reflexive mockery that comforts itself by seeing everything as one big joke. It neither talks truth to power nor pierces the pretensions of people who think they do. Rather, it mumbles nonsense, like a pothead giggling over a news broadcast."
Yes, but isn't that the beauty of it? I think the directors are on to something with this approach. Their whole pretense is that the average American is clueless and they base their whole satire on that fact. I got the sense that all of their overgeneralizations, stereotypes, and falsehoods that they depicted were thrown at us intentionally for that reason. In a sense, they're poking fun at how quick Americans are to assume everything they see in a news segment is the whole picture, which in my opinion makes this a work of genius.
Yes, but isn't that the beauty of it? I think the directors are on to something with this approach. Their whole pretense is that the average American is clueless and they base their whole satire on that fact. I got the sense that all of their overgeneralizations, stereotypes, and falsehoods that they depicted were thrown at us intentionally for that reason. In a sense, they're poking fun at how quick Americans are to assume everything they see in a news segment is the whole picture, which in my opinion makes this a work of genius.
that was my early opinion of parker and stone too that they were just being dirty and hitting easy marks but the more i've seen of their work the more impressed by their talent and world view
Maybe, but I didn't see that. A satire is supposed to make you laugh while also exposing misguided thinking/beliefs. This movie didn't do either for me. But I know some people who thought it was a great movie and I can respect that.Has anybody seen "The Mouse That Roared"? It's an old satire about the Cold War era with Peter Sellers. Very small budget, but pretty funny.