poker tracker is the nuts

I hate it. I'm glad I got it free and didn't pay for it. It couldn't seem any more like some guy whipped it up in his spare time.
what did you dislike about PT that you hate it so much?was it the fact that it organizes all your poker data, makes it easier too analyse and read your stats, and helps you to find and fix leaks in your game?was it the hand playback software where you can replay and review anyhand you played in any given session to see where you went right or wrong?No, couldn't be...must have been the part where your "amount won" column read : -15,000

poker tracker with GT+ or PA HUD makes playing like 5x easier if you take the time to learn how to use it. I bought PT and just looked at the stats at first. Give it another shot, for your sake, please.

poker tracker with GT+ or PA HUD makes playing like 5x easier if you take the time to learn how to use it. I bought PT and just looked at the stats at first. Give it another shot, for your sake, please.
I recently acquired the software including PA HUD. I am doing my best to try to understand it, but I seem to try to learn while I am playing 2 tables - bad idea btw.The "help section" of PT doesn't seem to have much info and I can only seem to find a forum full of various questions & answers. Do you know of some links to help me learn to utilize all of the functions of PT or where to get "training" type info? I did find a website that would sell you a manual or something, but I'm not too interested in paying anymore. I know there may be other links on here, but I'm a forum technology dinosaur so any help would be appreciated.FYI - I decided to run the auto-rate feature on myself (about 2500 hands I believe) and I am semi-loose aggressive, which is what I thought. I do like to play a lot of hands, so I was just happy it didn't come up fish.Actuary - I know you're surprised it didn't come up fish, but overall I'm actually quite solid, just not aggressive enough in marginal situations. I'm learning though & think I am improving from much of what I read from you guys in the General & Limit Strategy sections.
Actuary - I know you're surprised it didn't come up fish,
lol.... I actually don't recall specific hands we've discussed. I'm very "fishy" post flop compared to other strong players here, so I can't talk!
Actually, you seem to be one of the strongest players (theoretically) I have encountered. I have never played against you that I know of, but your strategy posts are always pretty solid. I have no doubt that you are quite successful at winning $.
I still (try to) use it. It's the two-bit nature of the thing, as alluded to by Fat Tye, that has made it so annoying. So far, it's been more trouble than it's worth to me.
Actually, you seem to be one of the strongest players (theoretically) I have encountered. I have never played against you that I know of, but your strategy posts are always pretty solid. I have no doubt that you are quite successful at winning $.
Oh look, now you've gone and made him blush.
Oh look, now you've gone and made him blush.
I'd be careful if I was you ... you're a close 2nd you know!!! :oops:

So before this thing gets hijacked, back to the "help" part of poker tracker ... still no responses as to how we can better learn to use the power of the program. So far I just got it because I wanted to know what other people were folding at showdown and my whole intention was to get PA HUD. I see now there are tons of stats with poker tracker, but other than it telling me someone is passive or aggressive, I'm not sure what else to do with it.

Okay, go buy the guide to learn to harness a large portion of PT. The two main things it does is 1: tracks your opponents play. Key things to look at are the Volume in pot and aggression. Someone who has a VIP of 67 is not a very good player. They play entirely too many hands and this should indicate to you that they are loose and you should open your play a little more especially if they raise a lot. 2: You get to go back and sort through your information. I highly recommend that you write down hand numbers of hands that gave you trouble and go back and evaluate them. You can replay the hands through pt and then make adjustments to your game. You'll also want to make sure you aren't coldcalling in limit (calling a raise). Use the position tab to see where you are winning/loosing money. Pt is only going to do what you want it to do. It does require some effort to master/use, but once you understand what you are trying to do with it, you will never want to play without it. The guide will go a long way to help know how/where to pull key numbers to evaluate your game.