Not that anyone here thinks I'm brilliant but I'll expose my ignorance.I play limit both at b & M's and online so something like "$10-$20 lhe" makes sense. $10 the first two betting rounds, $20 the last two.I always thought that in nl it would be similar, e.g., $10-$20 would mean $10 small blind, $20 big blind. But on Hollywood I see, for example, "$20/$20." When I go to the table, I see a $10 small blind and a $20 big blind being put in the pot. So what is the meaning of "$20-$20" or $100-$100?"

you gave yourself a bump after 19 minutes? Relax a bit, go for a jog, play a stt, but give someone a chance to answer you
Lol - yeah, but I saw it sliding off the front page of the blog section, and once it's gone from there it may dead. Thanks for rebumping it and giving me another opportunity to rebumb it in my reply. I'll try to restrain myself after this though.

Alternatively, it could be to keep the math easier for the people who have to count on their fingers. with two equal blinds of $10, opening for a pot-sized raise means betting $40 straight. (In some PL games the opener can bet 4x the big blind, even if the small blind is only half the size of the big blind.)

bumpI really would be interested in knowing why it would make sense to have matching blinds in pl vs. small and big in limit and no limit.
maybe having two larger blinds in pot limit makes sense so it juices up the pot and it makes for larger preflop raises?just my guess
Alternatively, it could  be to keep the math easier for the people who have to count on their fingers.  with two equal blinds of $10, opening for a pot-sized raise means betting $40 straight.  (In some PL games the opener can bet 4x the big blind, even if the small blind is only half the size of the big blind.)
Yeah, the only thing requiring explanation is that the blinds are flat or not flat. As far as the logic of it goes, 10-10 is the same as 20-20 and 5-10 is the same as 10-20. Your explanation makes some sense.I thought that in pl if the blinds were 10-10, your max. bet utg would be: call the 10 to make the pot now 30, raise the pot to make the bet $40 and the pot now contains 60. 2nd could now call 40 to make it 100 in the pot and put in 100 more, making the bet 140 and 200 in the pot, etc.I guess it's pretty obvious I've never played pl.