5.50 1 table sng question

Hello,I hope this is the proper section for this post; if not, please let me know and I'll post it in the right section next time, but please provide your opinion anyway.First hand of a 5.50 buyin NL hold'em sng, 1 table. I don't have a hand history, but I will try to be descriptive.I am UTG with KK. I raise 5x BB (seems necessary early to avoid a 5-way pot at this level). I get one caller behind me. Flop A72 no suited. I bet 2/3 the pot, he calls. Turn is a blank. I'm suspicious of his ace. I didn't have this info at the time, as it was the first hand, but he turned out to be a bit of a calling station. I check the turn, he bets half the now-significant-size pot. I layed it down. Where should I have played this differently?Thanks in advance.

There's a couple considerations to make in this hand:1) people are in love with aces, no matter what the kicker, so it is definitely possible that he had the A when he called. Furthermore, people tend to call with kings and aces. Since you held 2 of the kings, its likely that he was calling you preflop with an ace. 2) By checking the hand on the turn, you are effectively giving up the hand. You'd be amazed at how effective firing that second bullet can be - on the other hand, if that person isn't willing to lay down an A with a poor kicker, you can fire all you want and you'll still get called. In general I'd say you played the hand fine, and showed good discipline by being able to lay down a big starting hand when you thought you were beat.

First hand, I probably play it the same. With no reads, a big A is very possible and you're OOP. Assuming 1,500 in starting chips, you've fired about 250 chips into the pot by the turn.Plenty of time to let this hand go and play on.