when to call with unimproved big slick?

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get good at online poker. I put $1K into NETelller at the end of December and started playing. I cleared a 20% ($100) reload bonust at Party in two days of playing $1-$2, and moved over to start grinding out a 100% ($600) deposit bonus at Full Tilt -- and a 25% ($100) reload-with-NETeller bonus this weekend at UltimateBet. I've downloaded Poker Tracker and am logging all my play with it.When I made $200 profit (BR $1200) I moved from $1-$2 to $2-$4, and just today hit $800 profit (BR $1800) and have moved up to $3-$6 games. The good news is that as of today I am lifetime-positive for online play once again. After 5000 hands, I'm going over my results.I'm losing money slightly on AKs after 5000 hands, and this just doesn't seem right. I've gone over hand histories and am liking my play in general, but here is a hand that is troubling me:Nine-handed $2-$4 game at Full Tilt. Villain is 27%/14%/(18 )/106Preflop:UTG limps; EP2 folds; Villain in MP1 raises; MP2 and MP3 fold; Hero in CO has A :diamond:K :club: and reraises; Button, SB, BB, and UTG limper fold; Villain calls.Flop: T :D 6 :D 2 :spade:Villain bets; Hero raises; Villain calls.(I've noticed that typically, a post-flop donk-bet indicates that the bettor has something. In this case, the Villain may have started with a pocket pair of any rank, or AT or KT, or possibly have a spade draw. I chose to raise to get myself a free turn card if I could.)Turn: J :diamond:Villain checks; Hero checks.(I've gotten four more outs to go with my overcards -- three more if the Villain is on a spade draw. I chose to take my free card.)River: T :diamond:Villain bets.Should I call here? The pot is laying 7:1 to my call. I may have induced a bluff from a busted spade draw; the river card may have made the Villain a hand that will beat an overpair; or the Villain may be value-betting a hand like 55 or A6.[Edit: pot odds corrected]

Well first of all, i'd change your GT+ settings so that it displays VPIP/PFR/AF instead of the setting you have. AF is probably the most critical factor in his stats with respect to whether you should call the river bet.Second, a 5k hand sample is too small to tell if you're doing something wrong with a particular hand. I mean, you probably dont have more than 20 instances of AKs and 50 of AKoff, right?

Also - fulltilt (to my understanding) is slightly tougher than typical 2/4 games you'll find on party, or the pokerroom network, or a variety of other sites.The bonus is also not particularly great. I think it's 100% up to $600, but it clears extremely slowly.

Im paranoid lately.It seems like every time i bet these turns, i get checkraised and kick myself for not checking behind.If he's going to show down any pair, i'd just check behind.If you stand a reasonable chance at getting a small pair to fold, i'd bet the turn every time.It's difficult to tell who'll fold small pairs on the turn; you just sort of have to make an estimate based on what you've seen.

Also - fulltilt (to my understanding) is slightly tougher than typical 2/4 games you'll find on party, or the pokerroom network, or a variety of other sites.The bonus is also not particularly great. I think it's 100% up to $600, but it clears extremely slowly.
Well, I'm beating the games I'm finding on Full Tilt to a bloody pulp, so it's not too bad. :wink:
too hard to tell from this hand alone.  More importantly, if you start to slip make sure you move back down, you're jumping limits pretty quickly.
My online bankroll is a few dollars short of $2K, which, the last time I counted it out on my fingers, was more than 300 BB at $3-$6. And suppose I don't manage my online bankroll well and lose it all ... it is very small compared to both my brick-and-mortar bankroll and my annual brick-and-mortar win. (I routinely play in $15-$30 and $30-$60 games in my local cardroom, and occasionally play as high as $50-$100 in cash games at big tournaments like the WSOP.)
7 BB pot?I'd fold, it's closeNext time, I'd bet the turn and take a free showdown, UI.
I just ran PokerStove on the showdown, with the range of hands I put on my opponent:
108  games     0.250 secs      432  games/secBoard: Ts 6h 2s Jd Td Dead:         	 equity (%) 	 win (%)	tie (%) Hand  1:	12.5000 % 	 10.19%  02.31%      { AdKd }Hand  2:	87.5000 % 	 85.19%  02.31%      { 22+, AsKs, AsQs, AsJs, ATs, As9s, As8s, As7s, As6s, KsQs, KsJs, KTs, Ks9s, Ks8s, Ks7s, QsJs, QTs, JTs, Js9s, Ts9s, T8s, 9s8s, 9s7s, 8s7s, 7s6s, AcKs, AdKs, AhKs, AsKc, AsKd, AsKh, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo }

The pot is laying 7:1, and I'm exactly a 7:1 dog here! It's a marginal play either way.If one figures that the Villain will bet a busted flush only some of the time, the balance tips towards folding.

i look forward to reading your attempts to "get good" at online poker. i'm pretty sure it happened within the first 10 minutes, since you're obviously a great poker player. all online takes is a bit of willpower and you're fine.UB and Full Tilt are not good bonuses. I won't spam here, but if you're interested in far better bonuses, feel free to PM me. I don't really care about referrals or anything, but you are wasting your time at UB if you're there for the bonuses.