two connector hands

Two hands......Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is SB with 6:heart:, 7:heart:. 4 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.Flop: (6 SB) 2:diamond:, 6:diamond:, 3:heart: (3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets, BB folds, MP3 calls.Turn: (5 BB) T:diamond: (2 players)Hero bets, MP3 calls.River: (7 BB) 9:club: (2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checks.Final Pot: 7 BBStandard? I call the position raise from the sb and know I have the best hand on the flop, river looks like a check call to me.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP3 with 6:spade:, 5:spade:. 5 folds, BB calls, Hero calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) 5:heart:, 9:spade:, 6:club: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) Q:spade: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (12.75 BB) 2:spade: (2 players)BB bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 16.75 BBNeed help on this one. Results TBA.

Hand 1:Throw this away pf. Please.Flop and turn look good.Any read on your opponent? I would bet this river against some players, and check against others.Hand 2:Again, throw this away pf. The only time I might play here is if all the players behind me were weak/tight. Then I might come in for a raise. But only occassionally.Flop, turn and river all look good.

I dont think the pf calls are terrible; in the first hand this guy was a moron known to raise junk. After all, I'm playing 2/4 and I like to see lots of pots when people are spewing chips.Sidenote: What pokertracker stats do you guys display when you say someone is xx/ xx/ xx?

I dont think the pf calls are terrible;
They are pretty bad. Just because your opponents are spewing chips, doesn't mean you need to mimic them. You need high implied odds to play these hands. A raise destroys your implied odds. These hands play much differently than small pairs.Think of it this way. In hand 1, you called a raise from the SB with 7 high. Even if your opponent is a loose raiser, he surely has a better hand than you. Plus you are out of position. In hand 2, you limp first in from MP3. That's never a good play. But it's a much better play with say AT than it is with 6 high. You have to learn that pretty cards only play well under certain circumstances.
Sidenote: What pokertracker stats do you guys display when you say someone is xx/ xx/ xx?
xx/yy/zzxx is VPIPyy is pfr%zz is AF
Hand 2:Flop, turn and river all look good.
I just call the check-raise on the turn, unless BB has a history of light turn raises. If BB has AQ or better, we're an underdog against that range, and he'll cap with at least some of these hands.Otherwise, I agree with everything Screech said.
I just call the check-raise on the turn, unless BB has a history of light turn raises. If BB has AQ or better, we're an underdog against that range, and he'll cap with at least some of these hands.Otherwise, I agree with everything Screech said.
I was thinking the same thing, butI figured a cap might take back control of the hand and save me a river bet. Unfortunately that wasnt the case, lol. Do you really think the preflop calls are that bad? Maybe its the NL player in me still trying to escape, but I like playing hands like this against people who cant wait to get rid of their stack. I agree with everything you said screech, but I just thingk my edge postflop verifies the call. What do you think?
I just call the check-raise on the turn, unless BB has a history of light turn raises. If BB has AQ or better, we're an underdog against that range, and he'll cap with at least some of these hands.
You're right. A lot of players at 2/4 don't semi-bluff enough on the turn. A turn raise usually means a hand TPTK or better. Plus, it really sucks if we get counterfeited on the river.If we call the turn raise, we c/r any improvement on the river, right?

I think we have to raise any improvement on the river here, we're good most of the time if a flush hits or if we hit our boat. I thought this hand was very interesting.**RESULTS**I know it doesnt matter much, but in this case Villian had 7s8s, and completely had me dominated the whole way. I'm not sure if I play it the same if i'm him though, I'd like to see him raise the flop.

before seeing results were posted..I was remined of this...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is SB with A:spade:, A:diamond:.    4 folds, CO calls.Flop: (7 SB) K:diamond:, 7:heart:, 6:club: (2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.Turn: (4.50 BB) J:diamond: (2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.River: (6.50 BB) 8:heart: (2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.bdams19 shows [ As, Ad ] a pair of aces.PuttyBuster shows [ 8d, 7d ] two pairs, eights and sevens.PuttyBuster wins $32.50 from  the main pot  with two pairs, eights and sevens.Final Pot: 8.50 BBThis has happened about 20 times in a row when i have an over pair.  Is there any other way to play this hand or am I just supposed to accept the variance
and i want to say... nah..some guys just like to overplay suited connectors. :club:

Hand 1: I fold that trash to a raise all day from SB without a few more limpers in to sweeten the implied odds.Hand 2: OP is opening in the Hijack...is it not ok to try a steal there, rather than open-folding? Or is 65 just too weak?I'd probably just call the turn C/R. Hero's low two-pair isn't looking like it's ahead anymore, but those 9-13 outs sure look purty.

Do you really think the preflop calls are that bad?  Maybe its the NL player in me still trying to escape, but I like playing hands like this against people who cant wait to get rid of their stack.  I agree with everything you said screech, but I just thingk my edge postflop  verifies the call.  What do you think?
The preflop calls are terrible. As was pointed out, a raise is sometimes better than a fold in the second hand.Unless your opponents are playing without looking at their cards, there is no way you have a big enough postflop edge to justify either call.

Yeah, he (villian) played it pretty bad.He should have lead the flop. He also should have 3-bet the river. What hands could you possibly have that beat him there? It's very unlikely you 3-bet the turn with something like As6s/KsJs.

I hate to be a pest, but could someone answer this question: Is 65s strong enough to steal the blinds with in hand number 2 (from the hijack)? I'd like to fix this if it's a leak...

I hate to be a pest, but could someone answer this question: Is 65s strong enough to steal the blinds with in hand number 2 (from the hijack)? I'd like to fix this if it's a leak...
Generally not.I'd only raise it if everyone behind me was weak-tight.
Well, in a 1/2 SB/BB structure, you win 1.5 SBs when you steal the blinds. When you get called in one or two spots, I'm guessing you probably lose ~0.75 SB's on average, and when you get 3-bet, you probably lose ~1.5 SB's (these numbers are just guesses on my part).I think if you'll buy the blinds more than 40% of the time, it's definitely worth stealing with, IMO. I'd guess it's probably a better stealing hand from this position than A2o (whereas on the button, I'd rather have A2o).
Generally not.I'd only raise it if everyone behind me was weak-tight.
I wouldn't consider it at 2/4 Party full, but I'm playing at Poker333 right now (whor!ng). Weak-tight is the meme. I'm still trying to figure out my stealing range for the various late positions at those tables.
I wouldn't consider it at 2/4 Party full, but I'm playing at Poker333 right now (whor!ng). Weak-tight is the meme. I'm still trying to figure out my stealing range for the various late positions at those tables.
I would raise just about any 2 from CO or button. Just be aware you don't do it every hand. Even weak players will play back at you if you're too obvious.
Hand 3 I think the turn 3-bet is easy. Our opponents cap skews our thinking a bit but a lot of players will checkraise with just Qx. Also with the addition of our flush draw I think it makes the three bet even easier.
is his PF decision bad cuz his out of position?werent suited connectors good at party 2/4 level?
They are good if the pots going to be 405 handed or more. Otherwise they suck.