A question for those players who don't suck at NL ring games like I do.Live action 1/2 NL 10max ring game, max $200 buy in.hero is MP2 with $240hero is delt QQhero raises to $32table folds to BBBB raises to $100the BB has $200 infront of him and has lost $400 in about 3 rounds by going all in preflop.my question is:A. should I go all in and run the cards?B. should I just call and see the flop?if B.can I fold if an ace or king hits the flop and the BB goes allin for another $100?

Wow.... live plays richer than online, but 32 preflop. That's pretty steep. No way this can be standard. do you mean 12?
Nope, I would have gotten way too many callers for $12. Standard raise was for $20 straight. I raised to $32 to make sure the suited connectors would fold.
Nope, I would have gotten way too many callers for $12. Standard raise was for $20 straight. I raised to $32 to make sure the suited connectors would fold.
I'm dumbfounded. I've never seen 1/2 play that high. Armed with this knowledge, there's not way I call this unless he's a drunk. What hands has he shown down and what's the action been to make him go all in? I can't believe anyone would re raise a 16x's the BB preflop raise with anything less than KK. You can of course prove me wrong with any past information here. However, against unknown, easy fold.
I'm dumbfounded. I've never seen 1/2 play that high. Armed with this knowledge, there's not way I call this unless he's a drunk. What hands has he shown down and what's the action been to make him go all in? I can't believe anyone would re raise a 16x's the BB preflop raise with anything less than KK. You can of course prove me wrong with any past information here. However, against unknown, easy fold.
He has lost 2 entire buyins in about 3 rounds. 1st hand was KK vs AJH, he had the kingsthen he lost with JJ VS AK, he had the Jacks.You are right to think it's an easy fold. He didn't look like he wanted a call and I know he was steaming. The two obvious hands were AA and KK, but I thought he would try to take the pot with almost any pair and two premium high cards.
He didn't look like he wanted a call and I know he was steaming. The two obvious hands were AA and KK, but I thought he would try to take the pot with almost any pair and two premium high cards.
Yeah, it's just a real expensive guessing game with so much in the pot preflop
the BB has $200 infront of him and has lost $400 in about 3 rounds by going all in preflop.
I go all in here everytime with a guy would just lost 400 in 3 rounds. I mean come on if he had a hand bad luck you'll get him before the nite is over.
Thats a huge 1/2 game.I haven't played NL live before...but want to next week when i go to vegas..What is the standard raises on most 1/2 tables?  id like to hope that a 16x raise is not common place.
It'll vary.. I think 5x's BB is good.
Wow.... live plays richer than online, but 32 preflop.  That's pretty steep.  No way this can be standard.  do you mean 12?
Are you kidding???When I've played 1/2 NL the opening raise is between $8 and $12. Open-raising to $32 is ridiculous.
Thats a huge 1/2 game.I haven't played NL live before...but want to next week when i go to vegas..What is the standard raises on most 1/2 tables?  id like to hope that a 16x raise is not common place.
It was at the Riveria across from Circus Circus. New Years Eve and the table was awesome. Very common for the someone to open raise for 20 and get more than one caller.What about my question?
the BB has $200 infront of him and has lost $400 in about 3 rounds by going all in preflop.
I go all in here everytime with a guy would just lost 400 in 3 rounds. I mean come on if he had a hand bad luck you'll get him before the nite is over.
This was my thinking also. When he made it $100 to go and I knew he only had $100 more, I thought it was allin or fold.

I think i push back all in preflop here..due to the tilt factor of the aggresor.You are likely ahead here, and if you aren't you have some chances to improve.I think you got the chance that if he is holding AQ AK 1010 JJ he will fold (maybe)If he has AA or KK your screwed but have a chance...this is unlikely.if he has QQ, then you laugh and play the next hand.

Well the way i look at it.This table obviously doesn't value the raises too much, so this just could be considered a standard reraise with a moderate holding like 1010 JJ QQ or AQ AK. I think a tilted player might wanna put em all in here with AA KK and not monkey around again. And he would be the first in the pot, not just reraising you.

If we're discussing the opening raise, then good..this needs to be hit pretty hard at some point between us great minds. :shock: I play at a B&M that has a min/max buy in of 100 for 1/2 NL, but, I know that a lot of places have the "70% rule", where you can buy in for up to 70% of whatever the chip leader has, which would obviously play much bigger.For the 100 min/max buy in, the standard raise is 10-12, that is, until things start to heat up. There's certain players, who literally, make it 20 or 25 to go every hand. As the night wares on and the money on the table grows larger, the bets get bigger. I recall one night, there was several of us on an interest list for 2/5 NL, and by the time the game got together, the 1/2 NL we were all at had roughly 6k on the table, and standard bets were 30 and "Big bets" were in the 100-150 range. There's really no sense in it, but it just happens. I don't think you'd ever need to open raise 16x the BB without a reason. That is to say, if I had one of these players on my left, that I knew would come along for 32 with an inferior hand, I would make it 32.

I've gotten one fold to the raise, and a couple of push allin's. I've gotten more comments about the open raise amount. I have explained why I opened with $32, and it has everything to do with the table I was playing at.This hand has been bugging me a little because I think it's close for a fold or push. I was pretty certain that he didn't have AA or KK. I don't think calling to see the flop is an option. Even if an A or K comes on the flop, I don't think I could fold for $100 into the $201 pot.

I've gotten one fold to the raise, and a couple of push allin's.  I've gotten more comments about the open raise amount.  I have explained why I opened with $32, and it has everything to do with the table I was playing at.This hand has been bugging me a little because I think it's close for a fold or push.  I was pretty certain that he didn't have AA or KK.  I don't think calling to see the flop is an option.  Even if an A or K comes on the flop, I don't think I could fold for $100 into the $201 pot.
Then, I suppose, push.
Wow.... live plays richer than online, but 32 preflop.  That's pretty steep.  No way this can be standard.  do you mean 12?
Are you kidding???When I've played 1/2 NL the opening raise is between $8 and $12. Open-raising to $32 is ridiculous.
i play 2/5 NL live, and 32 which would be 30-35 is usually a opening raise, sometimes 20-25, so thats crazy for a 1-2 game
This hand has been bugging me a little because I think it's close for a fold or push.  I was pretty certain that he didn't have AA or KK.  
then push. Hand is definately not complicated then.
If you know you have the best hand, what's the question here?Edit: Yes, I quote myself.